$50 to $1000 on pstars day 20

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess after rereading my post, I did give the wrong impression. My point was all to often people will call down with anything, so by not betting out on the flop you're missing a bet alot of times. Very few times do they actually give you credit for a good hand, despite the raise. I just searched hand histories form last night but a hand I played thinking of this thread. Stars only goes back 200 so I couldn't get it but, 1/2 on stars limit...Me A :) A :D fish cold called a preflop raiseFlop A :D 7 :D 3 :club: I bet, he raised, I reraised and he called.Turn 8 :) I bet and we ended up capping it.River 3 :) And we capped again.Fish had 88Now he was probably praying all along I had anything but AA, but the idiot 3 bet the flop with only 88? What's the point in slowplaying dang near anything, build it they will come, lol.And I do agree if you're at a very passive table slowplaying would be correct sometimes as well as having good reads on the table, but more often than not at these limits they are just terrible.

And I do agree if you're at a very passive table slowplaying would be correct sometimes as well as having good reads on the tableNot really. At a passive table slowplaying doesn't ussually get you much money, but opens you up letting people make hands that beat you.Flopping the second nut full house is great, but when it's something over aces it's often still a vulnerable hand.I'd be more inclined to slowplay on an ]agressive table where it's almost automatic for the button to bet this flop if it's checked to him. Having the hand in question checked around on the flop is just terrible.

Hey Smasharoo,I think everyone really appreciates what you're doing, and it's great. I've been reading your $50 to $1000 since day 14 I think. I suppose I'm going for the same goal, but to keep playing after that. While I do read your posts, it's a waste of time to use against you specifically when there are so many fish out there.Anyways if you ever want some second-hand commentary or anything on a hand we're both involved in, I'd be glad to post.Good luck at the tables.

I may have become a limit convert.After one particularly dubious session of NL, I finally decided that I was going to sit down like a patient man and play limit at the .02/.04 and the .05/.10 tables. Made something in the low 20's for BB/100. Man...

And I do agree if you're at a very passive table slowplaying would be correct sometimes as well as having good reads on the tableNot really. At a passive table slowplaying doesn't ussually get you much money, but opens you up letting people make hands that beat you.Flopping the second nut full house is great, but when it's something over aces it's often still a vulnerable hand.I'd be more inclined to slowplay on an ]agressive table where it's almost automatic for the button to bet this flop if it's checked to him. Having the hand in question checked around on the flop is just terrible.
Just thought I'd post this hand from a slightly lower limit which hapened earlier today.PokerStars Game #1244469715: Hold'em Limit ($0.05/$0.10) - 2005/02/20 - 14:33:40 (ET)Table 'Apisaon' Seat #5 is the buttonSeat 1: IamSexy ($1.56 in chips) Seat 2: ranch3bs ($0.59 in chips) Seat 5: wulfheir ($2.82 in chips) Seat 6: pasta420 ($2 in chips) Seat 7: dinkers ($0.60 in chips) Seat 9: Bobwerehere ($4.86 in chips) Seat 10: med5615 ($20.90 in chips) pasta420: posts small blind $0.02dinkers: posts big blind $0.05*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Bobwerehere [Jc Ks]Bobwerehere: calls $0.05med5615: folds IamSexy: folds ranch3bs: folds wulfheir: folds pasta420: calls $0.03dinkers: checks *** FLOP *** [Kd Kh Jd]pasta420: bets $0.05dinkers: folds Bobwerehere: raises $0.05 to $0.10pasta420: calls $0.05*** TURN *** [Kd Kh Jd] [Td]pasta420: checks Bobwerehere: bets $0.10pasta420: calls $0.10*** RIVER *** [Kd Kh Jd Td] [3s]pasta420: checks Bobwerehere: bets $0.10pasta420: calls $0.10burnn joins the table at seat #4 *** SHOW DOWN ***Bobwerehere: shows [Jc Ks] (a full house, Kings full of Jacks)pasta420: mucks hand Bobwerehere collected $0.75 from potJJREDDICK [observer] said, "vnh"*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $0.75 | Rake $0 Board [Kd Kh Jd Td 3s]Seat 1: IamSexy folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 2: ranch3bs folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: wulfheir (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: pasta420 (small blind) mucked [4s Js]Seat 7: dinkers (big blind) folded on the FlopSeat 9: Bobwerehere showed [Jc Ks] and won ($0.75) with a full house, Kings full of JacksSeat 10: med5615 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Doesn't necessarily prove anything but I just thought it was interesting.

Doesn't necessarily prove anything but I just thought it was interesting.Slowplaying the NUT full house isn't nearly as bad as slowplaying the 2nd nut full house. I think people are missing that. Slowplaing AK in the hand in question isn't that bad.

• 2 weeks later...
Slowplaying the NUT full house isn't nearly as bad as slowplaying the 2nd nut full house. I think people are missing that. Slowplaing AK in the hand in question isn't that bad.
smash, he could have pocket jacks and river the case jack for quads!