question on multi-tabling

This feels like a dumb question, but I've read you should have 300xBB in order to manage the swings at any given level. Should you have more than that if you are going to multi-table? I don't have tons of time to play and would like to increase the number of hands I play when I do get the chance - I was planning on trying two tables the next time. Is there any relation to multi-tabling and bankroll?

There certainly is a correlation, having your bankroll secure for one table is different than having it secure for 4 tables... I currently do 3 UB tables and the only reason I haven't moved up in limits is because I'm throwing all that money out there at one time. If I were only playing 1 table, I'd be up to higher limits, but winning less. Make sure that ALL the money you have in play fits within your bankroll, if it doesn't either play 1 table or go to a lower limit.

whats your bankroll what tables you gonna try ?   nl or limit
I'm trying to build a stake out of the free $10 at Royal Vegas. After dropping down to $6 trying the SNG's there, I've build back up to about $15 playing the .05/.10 limit tables. I know, very very small potatoes but its not costing me anything. And I know, I don't even have 300x/BB now, but you have to start somewhere. Most of my sessions are winning sessions so I thought I could build faster if I started playing more hands. If I can get to $100 I'll probably cash out and try the SNG's at PokerStars.

Wouldn't the rule apply at any amount of tables you play at any given time? If you play 3 tables for one hour, that's the same as playing 1 table for three hours, you're going to see about an equal amount of hands. My belief is that the rule applys to everyone, whether they play 2 hours a week or 6 hours a day. Would this not be true?

Well good luck,,i started at 10$ in pacific poker and in 6 hours made it to 197$was very hard but got off to a good start..I started right away on PL .25 on pacific the max buy in for the table was 10$ so i went, i was 2nd highest in chips. got a royal flush.. and boosted me up to 20$ then when on till i got 60 before hitting the .50 NLas you see i was way outta my bankroll.. but managed to pull it off... 6 hours of work to lose it all the next day on a 130$ ALL in bet with AQ grrrbut i soppose if ya take 2 $ on 2 .5 .10 tables limit you may be able to pull it off..good luck : )

Wouldn't the rule apply at any amount of tables you play at any given time? If you play 3 tables for one hour, that's the same as playing 1 table for three hours, you're going to see about an equal amount of hands. My belief is that the rule applys to everyone, whether they play 2 hours a week or 6 hours a day. Would this not be true?
Sorry, I was a little confused by your post. It sounds like you are saying if have $300x/BB, its OK to play any amount of tables at that limit. Is that right? And thanks for responding.
whats your bankroll what tables you gonna try ?   nl or limit
I'm trying to build a stake out of the free $10 at Royal Vegas. After dropping down to $6 trying the SNG's there, I've build back up to about $15 playing the .5/.10 limit tables. I know, very very small potatoes but its not costing me anything. And I know, I don't even have 300x/BB now, but you have to start somewhere. Most of my sessions are winning session so I thought I could build faster if I started playing more hands. If I can get to $100 I'll probably cash out and try the SNG's at PokerStars.
you have to deposit $20 to get that money. make sure you read the rules, cause i think you might have to deposit money within 7 days of account acctivation.
Socrates wrote:  Wouldn't the rule apply at any amount of tables you play at any given time? If you play 3 tables for one hour, that's the same as playing 1 table for three hours, you're going to see about an equal amount of hands. My belief is that the rule applys to everyone, whether they play 2 hours a week or 6 hours a day. Would this not be true?  Sorry, I was a little confused by your post. It sounds like you are saying if have $300x/BB, its OK to play any amount of tables at that limit. Is that right? And thanks for responding.
I was saying that once you identify the limits you can play within the 300X BB rule, it shouldn't matter how many tables you are playing at one time, the swings are based on the amount of hands you see, not how many you see at one time. Logically, if you played 500 hands a day it doesn't matter if you play them 5 at a time on 5 tables or 500 individual hands at one table - you will see the same amount of cards and based on randomness woule experience the same swings either way. With that said, there are also other factors that come into play, taking a bad beat at one table may affect your play at all the other tables and if you're tilting away money at any time, you are essentially compunding your problem in a short amount of time as you will see more hands in that mental state while multi-tabling than you would if you were playing a single table. Just be aware of your roll at all times and what you have in play. If you haven't done it before, I would suggest starting with 2 tables and seeing how you do. You'll find out quickly whether or not multi-tabling affects your normal play. If it does, go back to one table.
I believe you have 7 days to get 100 raked hands .25cents..then in order to cash out you need at least 20.. and need to deposit at least 20..its really tough to win of 10$ but i hope the best for ya : )
At Royal Vegas, there are two separate requirements, and the way they are written is confusing, but it comes down to this:1. To SECURE the bonus, you have a week to EITHER make a deposit OR play ONE raked hand. If you don't do one of these, the bonus is removed from your account. Since you only start with $10, the best thing to do to secure the bonus is to post the CO at a .25 /.50 table and then fold through the entire orbit until you reach the BB. That way you're almost guaranteed that at least one hand will be raked, and it only cost you 25 cents. You can then grind it out at the .05/10 tables until you build an adequate bankroll (or take your chances at higher limits, of course).2. To WITHDRAW the bonus, you must participate in 100 raked hands (at .25/.50 or higher). This can be done at any time before you make the withdrawal. Additionally, before you can withdraw, you must make at least one deposit. The minimum deposit is $20, but it's best to deposit more to take advantage of their first-time deposit bonus as well.Hope this helps.
I believe you have 7 days to get 100 raked hands .25cents..then in order to cash out you need at least 20.. and need to deposit at least 20..its really tough to win of 10$ but i hope the best for ya : )
At Royal Vegas, there are two separate requirements, and the way they are written is confusing, but it comes down to this:1. To SECURE the bonus, you have a week to EITHER make a deposit OR play ONE raked hand. If you don't do one of these, the bonus is removed from your account. Since you only start with $10, the best thing to do to secure the bonus is to post the CO at a .25 /.50 table and then fold through the entire orbit until you reach the BB. That way you're almost guaranteed that at least one hand will be raked, and it only cost you 25 cents. You can then grind it out at the .05/10 tables until you build an adequate bankroll (or take your chances at higher limits, of course).2. To WITHDRAW the bonus, you must participate in 100 raked hands (at .25/.50 or higher). This can be done at any time before you make the withdrawal. Additionally, before you can withdraw, you must make at least one deposit. The minimum deposit is $20, but it's best to deposit more to take advantage of their first-time deposit bonus as well.Hope this helps.
Thanks for the clarification. At this point I'm going to assume that playing in the $1 SNG's qualifies you for playing raked hands as well. All I've done so far at RV is play SNG's (in the beginning) and .05/.10 limit games and the $10 hasn't been removed. I'll see how I do, if I continue to win to the point where it seems worthwhile to withdraw some of the money, then I'll make a deposit.