critique this semi bluff please

Villain is a very tight and solid player. Very TAG.Game #1209944454: Hold'em NL ($2/$5) - 2005/12/28 - 22:46:37 (UK)Table "Piper" Seat 1 is the button. Seat 1: Binbs ($615.75 in chips)Seat 3: wtfwtf ($1051.75 in chips)Seat 4: Duplo ($1201.50 in chips)Seat 6: No3putts ($342.50 in chips)wtfwtf: posts small blind $2Duplo: posts big blind $5----- HOLE CARDS -----dealt to Binbs [6d 8d]No3putts: foldsBinbs: calls $5wtfwtf: foldsDuplo: raises to $20Binbs: calls $15----- FLOP ----- [5d 7c Th]Duplo: bets $30Binbs: raises to $60Duplo: calls $30----- TURN ----- [5d 7c Th][7d]Duplo: checksBinbs: bets $99.99Duplo: calls $99.99----- RIVER ----- [5d 7c Th 7d][8c]Duplo: checksBinbs: checks----- SHOW DOWN -----Duplo: shows [Td Kd] (Two Pairs, Tens and Sevens, King high)Binbs: mucks hand [6d 8d]Duplo collects $358.98 from Main pot----- SUMMARY -----Total pot $361.98 Main pot $358.98 Rake $3Board [5d 7c Th 7d 8c]Seat 1: Binbs (button) mucked [6d 8d]Seat 3: wtfwtf (small blind) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: Duplo (big blind) showed [Td Kd] and won ($358.98) with Two Pairs, Tens and Sevens, King highSeat 6: No3putts folded before Flop (didn't bet)****HAND ENDS****

I hate the min raise on the flop. Make a stronger raise to $100 or soAnd take the free card on the turn. Villian showed interest in the hand after calling your flop raise so there's nothing telling you that he will now fold the turn.

Raise that flop up to about 90 or 100 and that pot is probably yours.Strategy check:Try this. Next time you are trying to limp with some suited connectors just open raise with them. Don't try and get tricky with a whole bunch of limpers but with one or two try bumping it, completely conceals you hand 100% 8)

I hate the way you played from preflop to the river
Try being specific instead of negative. Thats what this forum is for. I have to add that me and this guy had been having a few battles back and forth as well.

Raise more on the flop if you're going to raise it. UNLESS: your trying to see the turn and river cheaply. I find that min raising with position will allow me to get a free (cheap) card on the turn more times than not. I don't use it often, but it's ok. I like raising flop though.turn, knowing what he had, i would riase, but... raising out of the BB, he's going to have an overpair here a lot of times and he's not going to go away. Betting the turn here would be good against maybe a MP player, but I would be hesistant to riase some one whose raised preflop from the blinds. I take the free card.One other thing wrong with the hand.... converter. Don't know if this format is compatible though.

Haven't read replies... and don't post results.I'm not crazy about the preflop limp. This is a fold 2nd to act in a 6-handed, especially in tight games, especially when you're not going to get more than 3 players to most flops, especially heads up against a raise.I think the flop min-raise is *okay* with a draw against an aggressive opponent... but a bigger raise woulda been better.I think the turn bet of 100, folding to a pot c/r, is okay too. However, I'd be more likely to check through if I'd min-raised the flop, and more likely to bet 80+% of pot if I had pot-raised the flop.I also think the river is a check.Results might be corrupting my otherwise pure thoughts... but I'm pretty sure that's what I like on this hand.

I also dislike the preflop limp. People won't usually reraise without a monster, and most hands that call a raise will raise if you limp, so you're usually better just raising from the CO. As was said previously, if you only limp with hands like suited one-gappers and suited connectors, then your opponents will pick up on that as well.Once the flop came, the line's fine. If you're opponent was weak, then the min.-raise/bet on the turn could have easily scared him off a hand, and if he has something decent, then you'll get paid off on your draw. People might say there's a "better" line to take post-flop, but the important thing is that you mix up what lines you take so that your opponents can't put you on a hand.Actually, I really like this line because your aggression extends to multiple streets without putting too much in the pot. In essence, your semi-bluff is just as "scary" as if you'd made a pot-sized raise on the flop, but you gave yourself two cards to catch your outs if you were behind without giving away any more information. For instance, if you'd given a big raise on the flop, and then checked the turn, it would make the draw more transparent, and would make it easier for your opponent to gt away from a big hand if you bet the river. With a straight draw, this isn't as much of a worry as with a flush draw, since your opponent won't always see the draw coming in anyway, but it is something to think about.

Iggy I really like your thoughts on the 2 streets play. I agree that miniraising is a good way to get information as well as concealing what I have if I play a set and a draw the same way. About limping in, I like raising in position with suited connectors, altho I dont know why I didnt do it here. Sometimes you do things you wont normally do to mix up your play or because of the table image and waht has happened in the last few hands.