re-raise on river...

so it's a 3/6 game at my b&m and it's a kill pot.kill pot - win 2 hands in a row and that person has to post 6 dollars - basically betting is now 6/12.Please bare w/me as I don't recall the exact positions but:utg limps in as well as the guy 1 spot from the cut off seat.I look down at pocket Aces and raise - they both callflop:2 4 j rainbowboth check, I bet 6 and they callTurn:Aceutg checks, cut off+1 bets and I raise - utg folds and the other re-raises. I callRiver:blankthe guy bets and I re-raiseNow I know there's a various amount of hands he could have - 2 pair or a set. There is a chance he could have 3,5 but in a kill pot, how many people would play a 3,5 from that position w/only 2 other people in?So my thought process is, the majority of the time I'm going to win this hand right? So obviously calling is correct, and since in this situation most people aren't crazy enough to play a 3,5 from that spot, why don't I re-raise since there's a good chance he hit his Ace, 2pair, or set.I'm sorry I didn't format it in proper form and whatnot. Anyhow, feedback would be nice, thanks.

Guest Zach6668
From my understanding you only called the turn 3-bet? As is cap the turn and be willing to put in somewhere between 5-6 bets on the river if their is no cap.
I'm pounding this pot as hard as I can.

you're being way too scared of ghosts. unless the guy has a history of playing craptatic little cards he probably has a set. The only time I'm slowing down is if there's no cap on the river and we get into double digit raises, and then only maybe.

I cap turn and from my low limit B&M experiencc, I may 4bet if he 3bets me, but thats IT. You can't always be scared, but Ive seen some of the worst cards turned over in my 4/8 game, even on kill pots.

Who cares?You also see plenty of sets turned over too played this exact way.4 betting isnt going to magically make you lose the hand. If he has the nuts, you're going to lose regardless of your action. But he's going to be holding a set (or worse) more often than he's holding the wheel.

you absolutely should cap the turn and cap the river. yes, 3-5 is possible, but there are plenty of other hands he could have here, and you need to get money from those hands, since they are also more likely.the only hand you lose to is 3-5, and that is an unlikely holding.raise and reraise until the dealer tells you to stop. then throw down your cards hard and yell "nuts," then proceed to be berated by the table since it isn't really the nuts.

ty for all the feedback!I had been watching the guy play for awhile and observed that he had pretty solid post-flop play. My reasoning for not capping the turn was that I'd wait and see if the board paired on the river.Anyhow, he held a 3,5 of spades =/

ty for all the feedback!I had been watching the guy play for awhile and observed that he had pretty solid post-flop play. My reasoning for not capping the turn was that I'd wait and see if the board paired on the river.Anyhow, he held a 3,5 of spades =/
sorry to hear that, but a solid post-flop player will almost certainly have something like 44 or JJ here, so i'm capping every street.good luck,daniel

A solid player would have raised JJ pf, and probably would have folded 3/5 (suited or not) preflop. So i guess his range isn't as narrow as it would seem. He could easily have something along the lines of A4s, A2s, 22 or 44. All of those combined are significantly more likely than 3/5.He 3bets with all of those hands, most likely - and they're all drawing to 1 or no cards. When he has 3/5, you are drawing to 10 cards.If you 4bet and he 5bets, it might be closer as to whether or not you should raise then. But his 3bet can mean a lot of things still.

sorry to hear that, but a solid post-flop player will almost certainly have something like 44 or JJ here, so i'm capping every street. Rarely a cap heads up in B&M.How many bets do you put in on the turn?100?
5<bets<100. probably 6-10 depending exactly on reads.i really don't know, it'd be read-dependent. i'd imagine if he had 3-5 he'd have a huge friggin smirk on his face.EDIT: thought that said river, so the above is what i'd do on the river.probably i'd put in more bets on the turn, since something like aces up seems more likely.