what does villian have, what does hero do???

.25/50 LHE @ Pokerroom table is around 50% to flop, no read b/c I am multi-ing and have just sat down less then 30 hands prior.Hero is on the button with :diamondsa: :diamonds3: Preflop: 2 MP calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB (Villian) 2 bets. ALL call.Flop: :spadesq: :hearts3: :heartsa: Villian bets, MP 1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero 2 bets, SB folds, Villian calls, MP1 callsTurn: :clubs3: Villian checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets, Villian 2 bets, Mp1 folds, Hero 3 bets, Villian caps.River: :spades6: Villian bets, Hero ????What do you think, is this a pretty straight foward hand? What is my move here on the river, am I raising for value and calling a 3 bet, or just merely calling his bet? Thanks in advance

So villain raised preflop, led the flop, called the raise, and went nuts when the board paired.Unfortunately, the way the hand plays out suggests one of 3 hands, two of which have you crushed--AQ, QQ, or AA.In spite of that, I think I try one more raise and suck it up (call a river 3-bet) if it turns out to be one of the two hands that beat you. Note that "the correct play" and "what I do" often turn out to be two different things. :club:

ty empty, is this pretty straightfoward here how I played it?any other thoughts? Actuary, TJ?thanks

I raise/call river.Although by then it's just 1 more to cap, I"m not sure we are 50% once he 3-bets.. I give Villan AQ/AK here a lot.I assume he leads into with QQ on the turn to trap MP1. Also AQ/AK is more interested in shutting out the weaker draws and FD (although, FD have odds to call, it's still an attempt). Thus c/r says no set/boat to me.33, well.. who raises 33 preflopAA: one way, so rare, again I'd expect a turn lead there.I like your play. Standard.ps: Empty: we have a boat. We crush AQ.

I raise/call river.Although by then it's just 1 more to cap, I"m not sure we are 50% once he 3-bets.. I give Villan AQ/AK here a lot.I assume he leads into with QQ on the turn to trap MP1. Also AQ/AK is more interested in shutting out the weaker draws and FD (although, FD have odds to call, it's still an attempt). Thus c/r says no set/boat to me.33, well.. who raises 33 preflopAA: one way, so rare, again I'd expect a turn lead there.I like your play. Standard.ps: Empty: we have a boat. We crush AQ.
this is why i wanted your opinion. good call.I feel like I have been giving to much credit as of late to just about any raise. I was curious if I am missing a bet more often then not. As for the hand he had AK, Ive recently went back down in levels I have seen the difference in players. I have never played at Pokerroom before and am surprsied how loose it is at this level.

what I think you'll notice is a great dbl effect on Laggy tablesSince more players over play their hands, this leads to others calling down with mediocre hands.This cylce leads more and more to players overplaying/overcalling with inadequate cards.Value bet/raise your strong hands like crazy and Call Down in decent pots against seemingly stronger hands.Works like a charm!

Yeah I found this one out. Positive side of variance so far but I am up 70 BB's in about 500 hands. (14bb/100) I hope that is sustainable, somehow I dont think it will be.But add the $40 in bonus and 12k in PSO points. Could be pretty sweet.

ps: Empty: we have a boat. We crush AQ.
Right, but we're getting destroyed by QQ and AA (The two of the possible 3 hands I see that are crushing us).Ah. Once again, I presume our opponents are somewhat reasonable. Silly me.Maybe he thought "haha I have TPTK and that board pairing MUST mean he doesn't have it!"?As for the play, yeah, it's standard, though again, I may try one more raise on the river.