backdoor flushes and questions.

PokerStars Game #3327242737: Tournament #16317543, Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2005/12/13 - 22:08:52 (ET)Table '16317543 50' Seat #4 is the buttonSeat 1: mrscherry25 (1590 in chips) Seat 2: mick_allin (2605 in chips) is sitting outSeat 3: 0490 (1680 in chips) Seat 4: TOOTHERIVER (1565 in chips) Seat 5: tammy2397 (1800 in chips) Seat 6: The Bwaves (1660 in chips) Seat 7: garynyc116 (1350 in chips) Seat 8: JarHead_4747 (1780 in chips) Seat 9: sicadastra (1400 in chips) tammy2397: posts small blind 15mboisvert: posts big blind 30*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to The Bwaves [Qh Ac]garynyc116: calls 30JarHead_4747: calls 30sicadastra: folds mrscherry25: folds mick_allin: folds 0490: folds TOOTHERIVER: folds tammy2397: folds The Bwaves: raises 90 to 120garynyc116: calls 90JarHead_4747: calls 90*** FLOP *** [Kc Ad Qc]The Bwaves: bets 225garynyc116: calls 225JarHead_4747: calls 225*** TURN *** [Kc Ad Qc] [7d]The Bwaves: bets 505garynyc116: raises 500 to 1005 and is all-inAny thoughts?

QUICK! Delete the results.... give us a chance to respond without knowing the results, then you can post them after we have made some suggestions.

QUICK! Delete the results.... give us a chance to respond without knowing the results, then you can post them after we have made some suggestions.
There you go.

I would have bet more on the turn. By the turn, there is a straight draw and flush draw and you proceed to bet 500 (half your stack) into a 1,000 pot. This is the point to put all your money in.Other than that, you play the hand fine. -The pre-flop raise looks perfect. -The flop bet is great: any draws are gutshot straight draws, so they aren'y priced to stick around.I won't even talk about your opponent's play (TERRIBLE!) Cheers,Merby

I would have bet more on the turn.  By the turn, there is a straight draw and flush draw and you proceed to bet 500 (half your stack) into a 1,000 pot.  This is the point to put all your money in.Other than that, you play the hand fine.  -The pre-flop raise looks perfect.    -The flop bet is great: any draws are gutshot straight draws, so they aren'y priced to stick around.I won't even talk about your opponent's play (TERRIBLE!)  Cheers,Merby
Thanks you for your kind input. I don' think my opponent was even human. More like a donkey or degenerate gambler.
Well I posted a while ago and didn't really get any responses except Merby, bless his heart.I'll delete 'em.
heh. no problem. if you are satisfied with the commentary, then its fine. once you put the results up, the thread is doomed to sink. just keep it open ended and bumped and people will help you out..... hurry.. before they all see the results!

I would also raise more on the turn. Were you trying to get value or were you actually afraid of something like a made straight or the AK?Does JarHead_4747 call on the turn? If he does not, then you definitely call. If he does, then you have to decide if you want to risk your tournament on two pair.

I would also raise more on the turn. Were you trying to get value or were you actually afraid of something like a made straight or the AK?Does JarHead_4747 call on the turn? If he does not, then you definitely call. If he does, then you have to decide if you want to risk your tournament on two pair.
I agree. The turn bet's too small, we're pricing everyone in to everything with this size bet.

Okay:He ended up flipping over Kd9d.I was betting for value.This is pretty standard poker but I was wondering what was going through his head with his second button and luckily picked up a diamond on the turn giving him a few more outs.It was a terrible play on his part.I'll bet a little more next time. About 3/4 the pot, or about the pot. On the turn I'll push a little harder with my two pair. Pricing a draw is the worst, so I'm going to play it harder next time around.

I would also raise more on the turn.  Were you trying to get value or were you actually afraid of something like a made straight or the AK?Does JarHead_4747 call on the turn?  If he does not, then you definitely call.  If he does, then you have to decide if you want to risk your tournament on two pair.
I was value betting, this player played way to many pots and was very agressive. I was 90% sure I had him beat. So yeah, value betting.

A lot of this depends on the way the guy has been playing. If he has been loose/aggressive, this could easily be a typical no limit semibluff with any number of draws, in which case you have to call. Ccould he have AK? He could have slowplayed it, and then reraised all in on the turn to protect it from the potential draws. Set of queens/aces? Same deal as AK, but it depends on ur read. Overall, you have the pot odds and hand to call this bet, and you had to do so.

I would have bet more on the turn. By the turn, there is a straight draw and flush draw and you proceed to bet 500 (half your stack) into a 1,000 pot. This is the point to put all your money in.Other than that, you play the hand fine. -The pre-flop raise looks perfect. -The flop bet is great: any draws are gutshot straight draws, so they aren'y priced to stick around.I won't even talk about your opponent's play (TERRIBLE!) Cheers,Merby
good call. never bet half your stack in a position like this. you are going to be pot commited for the rest anyways. put it all in there
A lot of this depends on the way the guy has been playing. If he has been loose/aggressive, this could easily be a typical no limit semibluff with any number of draws, in which case you have to call. Ccould he have AK? He could have slowplayed it, and then reraised all in on the turn to protect it from the potential draws. Set of queens/aces? Same deal as AK, but it depends on ur read. Overall, you have the pot odds and hand to call this bet, and you had to do so.
10J is more likely than a slow played AK. anything slowplayed, he probably would have re-raised preflop imo