how do you play it

27 Man Sit N' Go 75/150 blinds Stack: 3,500 in chipsDown to about 11 players at a 6 handed table and you're in the BB. The chip leader who's UTG with about 11k doubles the blinds from 150 to 300 total and everyone folds around. You find a monster Q :club: 2 :D and decide to make a play and reraise 450 more out of position in an attempt represent strength and the chip leader calls. The flop rolls off Q :) J :D 9 :D and I lead out for a bet a little over the size of the pot for 1,500 and the chip leader hesitated for a few and called. The turn came the 8 :) and I pushed my remaining 2k or so in and after going into the tank for about 30 seconds player x decided to call and turned over A :) Q :) . Soon after the river came ugly...3 :) . (My insight on the hand - skip it if there's too much text for ya)I left not entirely comfortable with how I played the hand and thought about it for a few. The bet on the flop was perfectly fine as I could of very well had the best hand (or best draw) and was still drawing live against even a K10, not to mention I could of been holding AA, KK or set at this point as well with the preflop raise out of position. The turn is where I'm not sure if moving in is the best possible play as AA, KK or the set would seldom move in with a scare card such as the 8 rolling off leaving the potential straight out there. He did end up making a great call for the given board and broke the entire hand down correctly (either that or couldn't fold AQ).

other guy made a weak call you played preflop horribly doubling his raisse is a weak and patheyic raise, so you deserved this outcome in some respect.this general how? :!: :evil: :cry: :wink: :roll: :club: :twisted: 8) :D :x :shock: :D:D :-) :):):):)

27 Man Sit N' Go 75/150 blinds Stack: 3,500 in chipsDown to about 11 players at a 6 handed table and you're in the BB. The chip leader with about 11k doubles the blinds to 300 total from first position and everyone folds. You find a monster Q :club: 2 :D and decide to make a play and reraise 300 more out of position in an attempt represent strength and the chip leader calls. The flop rolls off Q :) J :D 9 :D and I lead out for a bet a little over the size of the pot for 1,500 and the chip leader hesitated for a few and called. The turn came the 8 :) I pushed my remaining 2k or so in and after going into the tank for about 30 seconds player x decided to call and turned over the A :) Q :) . Soon after the river came ugly...3 :) . (My insight on the hand - skip it if there's too much text for ya)I left not entirely comfortable with how I played the hand and thought about it for a few. The bet on the flop was perfectly fine as I could of very well had the best hand (or best draw) and was still drawing live against even a K10, not to mention I could of been holding AA, KK or set at this point as well with the preflop raise out of position. The turn is where I'm not sure if moving in is the best possible play as AA, KK or the set would seldom move in with a scare card such as the 8 rolling off leaving the potential straight out there. He did end up making a great call for the given board and broke the entire hand down correctly.
How do I play this? I don't.That being said...Flop bet's not bad, pretty standard, I don't know why he didn't re-raise you. I think your mistake lies in pushing on the turn. The turn puts a straight on the board, and the only hands that really have you beat are calling. He makes an iffy call here, but, whatever.I think I check the turn here, but, that might be a bit weak/tight. There's a very strong chance you're only drawing to a club. But, que sera, sera. Hope that helped, a bit, though I'm probably call.Post future hands in the Strategy Section.
other guy made a weak call you played preflop horribly doubling his raisse is a weak and patheyic raise, so you deserved this outcome in some respect.this general how? :!: :evil: :cry: :wink: :roll: :club: :twisted: 8) :D :x :shock: :D:D :-) :):):):)
Sometimes, when you make comments, I laugh.Other times, I bounce a hammer off my head. This is number 2.

ohh still a weakish raise should have been to 900, but then u played the flop poorly instead. :shock:

Again, this is the same problem I see with most of these posts. You arent looking at how the other player sees you. This is very important. Your reraise OOP doesnt have to mean strength. It would if there were 4 callers in between, but here you could just be trying to buy the pot preflop. So, I assume he decided that his AQ had a very good chance of being the best hand, so he called. Now when the flop comes, it isnt bad for him, but it isnt great either. You bet about half your stack. Now you have to think to yourself what that bet means to him. Does a straight do this? No. Does a set do this? Maybe, but I would think a set would bet less in case his opponent had top or middle pair and was willing to try and bluff me. Does 2 pair do this? Again, maybe, but a smaller bet makes more sense. Does a hand with a 10 do this? Probably, but betting around 3/4 of the pot makes more sense. Does a pair do this? This seems to be the most likely play. Does a flush draw do this? Possibly, but it is pretty unlikely that you hold a flush draw as he has the Ace of clubs and the only other likely holding with clubs is K10(and hed be dead anyway). Ok so Ive pretty much narrowed your holdings to a pair or a hand with a 10. Now his call on the flop makes sense if he thinks you only have a pair. It doesnt if he thinks you have a straight draw. But when he does call, he pretty much has to call your all in on the turn. You only had 1250 left, and there was 4575 in the pot. He has to be almost positive that he is beat getting almost 4 to 1 on his money. Now your opponent played very weak for my taste, but your play allowed him to call you down. It didnt look like you were strong to me. You looked weak. Next time you try to run a bluff on the big stack when he has opened raised from UTG, think about how you would play it with the nuts. Then think about how he would see that.Also, dont reraise the big stack on a bluff. Its just a bad play in general.

Fold Pre FlopWhy make a move now OOP and 2 left to the final table and you have a decent chip stackTerrible Play
no need to go futher than this...NEVER attack the big stack with a marginal bluff UNLESS you do it preflop...after the flop he now has more info and more outs to make a better decision...his play was way too weak in my eyes and you overcommitted on the flop...that flop hits so many possible hands that most people especially with a chip lead, would have a hard time not calling you down with...pick a better spot to steal and a more vulnerable player
Again, this is the same problem I see with most of these posts. You arent looking at how the other player sees you. This is very important. Your reraise OOP doesnt have to mean strength. It would if there were 4 callers in between, but here you could just be trying to buy the pot preflop. So, I assume he decided that his AQ had a very good chance of being the best hand, so he called. Now when the flop comes, it isnt bad for him, but it isnt great either. You bet about half your stack. Now you have to think to yourself what that bet means to him. Does a straight do this? No. Does a set do this? Maybe, but I would think a set would bet less in case his opponent had top or middle pair and was willing to try and bluff me. Does 2 pair do this? Again, maybe, but a smaller bet makes more sense. Does a hand with a 10 do this? Probably, but betting around 3/4 of the pot makes more sense. Does a pair do this? This seems to be the most likely play. Does a flush draw do this? Possibly, but it is pretty unlikely that you hold a flush draw as he has the Ace of clubs and the only other likely holding with clubs is K10(and hed be dead anyway). Ok so Ive pretty much narrowed your holdings to a pair or a hand with a 10. Now his call on the flop makes sense if he thinks you only have a pair. It doesnt if he thinks you have a straight draw. But when he does call, he pretty much has to call your all in on the turn.
Only thing I want to add is I think a set or two pair is a very possible holding off a QJ9 flop and if I did realistically flop a hand of that size I'd make the SAME exact play on the flop. QJ9 two clubs is a terrible board to slow play or small bet a set or two pair with and it's likely that your opponent got some piece of it -whether it be a big draw or pair. I agree with Dead money and everyone else otherwise though. Getting involved with the chip leader was most certainly a mistake and this was the first time him and I had a confrontation so yes, I do agree that the play was a bit unnecessary, but none the less could of worked just as easily as it failed. Thinking about it again, I probably should of bet the flop about 700ish and checked the turn and river.
Only thing I want to add is I think a set or two pair is a very possible holding off a QJ9 flop and if I did realistically flop a hand of that size I'd make the SAME exact play on the flop. QJ9 two clubs is a terrible board to slow play or small bet a set or two pair with and it's likely that your opponent got some piece of it -whether it be a big draw or pair.I agree with Dead money and everyone else otherwise though. Getting involved with the chip leader was most certainly a mistake and this was the first time him and I had a confrontation so yes, I do agree that the play was a bit unnecessary, but none the less could of worked just as easily as it failed.Thinking about it again, I probably should of bet the flop about 700ish and checked the turn and river.
Well this is where we differ then. With a set or 2 pair, Im looking to extract chips from a drawing hand. I dont want them to fold, I just want them to pay the wrong price to draw. Why bet more then the pot, when a bet of 3/4 of the pot gives most drawing hands the wrong price. And, on the off chance that you are beat, you give yourself a way to get out of the hand without risking all of your chips. Im not advocating slow playing on this board. Im just trying to get the most value for my hand, while not giving my opponent the price to draw out on me. I have always been more of a gambler in this sense. I will not overplay hands even on the off chance that they catch on me. I like to make my opponent make the wrong play. It doesnt matter if he catches or not, I just want to feel as if I had made the most profitable decision.

You know, I totally agree with you on baiting and trapping opponents, it just depends on the player. I'm a bit at fault here for not mentioning that this was a $5 buy-in Sit N' Go, where it's best to tend to fast play and overplay large hands purposely when you believe the flop has hit these players. Let's not forget the majority of these low limit players will disregard odds at action flops as such.Against a better player at a higher buy-in I'd probably throw out the bait on a set or two-pair with a small bet somewhere in the 500 ballpark at the flop.Bottom line though, I'm definitely wearing the dunce hat for making a drastic play in a $5 buy-in.