I dont know if anyone else plays props at their home games, but last night we played props at a home game by me, granted not for as much money. I was wondering if anyone knew how to calculate more than one prop at a time... such as, DN says he has the props like 4-5-6, 6-7-8, etc. I mean with so mant, do you have to hit it exactly, or what. We played for a while with just one 3 card sequence per person, and a seperate river card......... Just your thoughts......

From Phil Helmuth's column:(http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_magazine/archives/?a_id=13374&m_id=68)"...A group of players, who shall remain nameless, bet $10,000 a “prop” while they played $80-$160 hold’em at UltimateBet! A “prop” occurs when someone’s three or more preselected cards hit the board. For example, my prop cards might be J-9-4. If three of them hit the board (J-9-9, J-9-4, J-J-4, and so on) at any point in a hold’em hand, I collect $10,000. If four hit the board, I collect $25,000. And if five hit the board, I collect $50,000. The key to the game, however, is that sometimes players “sleep” their props, missing them altogether, thus costing themselves a lot of money. Therein lies the skill of the game."I didn't know either....But there's this cool website called "google.com" and you can look stuff up there!

Yeah, I agree.Also what the hell are props?
What the hell did you agree with?For an idea of props look at Daniel's blog(I'm a Props man now.Please don't disapoint me by posting some stupidity in the future. It'll make me answer questions less frequently.
I dont know if anyone else plays props at their home games, but last night we played props at a home game by me, granted not for as much money. I was wondering if anyone knew how to calculate more than one prop at a time... such as, DN says he has the props like 4-5-6, 6-7-8, etc. I mean with so mant, do you have to hit it exactly, or what. We played for a while with just one 3 card sequence per person, and a seperate river card......... Just your thoughts......
You have to hit your prop on the flop. If you play with just one 3-card sequence there is not much skill in it and props don't happen very frequently.I suggest playing a simpler version... bet on the suits and if two of your suit comes up you take down an anted pot - which builds each round if you want. If all three of your suit come up - you get double.there's a lot more to the prop payouts... just read Daniel's blog more carefully for instructions. It's not harder than most of the poker books out there.

I play props at my home game. They can be difficult to keep track of if you are just starting out, so here is an easier way for you and your friends to do it.Pick an amount to be the amount of one "prop".Everyone picks a certain number of different 3-card/suit combinations to play as their props.You assign values to each of those flops.As you play the game, you pay each other when your prop hits.For example, let's say you choose each prop to be worth one dollar. Four people are playing the props, so each of you decide to pick ten different 3-card combinations to play, plus two paired board combinations, one single-card combination, and one suit.One persons props could be (and I recommend these if you are just starting and want to play this way)Your 3-card combinationsA-2-32-3-43-4-54-5-65-6-76-7-87-8-98-9-109-10-J10-J-QYour paired board combinations6-6-44-4-6Your single-card combinationK-K-KAnd your suitClub-Club-ClubEvery time one of your 3-card combinations or your paired board combinations hits, it pays one prop (one dollar) from every player.Every time your single-card combination hits, it pays 3 props (three dollars) from every player.Every time your suit hits, it pays a half of a prop (fifty cents) from every player.This is just a simple way I have found for new players to get used to the props. Once you get used to spotting yours, you can make the game more complex by adding doubles and triples, or going all out and doing it the way Daniel discusses in his blogs.

All fine and good....but where does the pay out money come from? Is there an ante?
I think the players keep track of the props with a pencil and settle up after the game. I doubt very much that Bellagio would allow Props to disrupt the flow of the game while a few individual players shuffle chips around to each other outside of the hand in progress. Way too confusing.
All fine and good....but where does the pay out money come from? Is there an ante?
I think the players keep track of the props with a pencil and settle up after the game. I doubt very much that Bellagio would allow Props to disrupt the flow of the game while a few individual players shuffle chips around to each other outside of the hand in progress. Way too confusing.
Wrong.