I think I might need a little help with AK preflop, help with these hands would be appreciated: (sorry for messiness)Hand 1: Not any strong reads, players are mostly passive, and the limp reraise did get my attention. Mitch is a tight player, which could mean aces. Table 'Passau': $0.50-$0.50 No Limit HE (Real Money)Seat 0: gazb38 ($50.25 in chips) Seat 1: ZEBOP ($45.75 in chips) Seat 2: rolak10 ($13.10 in chips) Seat 3: styopa ($21.90 in chips) Seat 4: MitchL17 ($69.95 in chips) Seat 5: Capt.Unlucky ($119.15 in chips) Seat 6: Coolred ($45.45 in chips) Seat 7: koolromeo ($51.55 in chips) Seat 8: nickmyname ($22.10 in chips) Seat 9: Wazupmysleve ($52 in chips) (on the button)*** Blind Bet Round *** : Dealt to Capt.Unlucky: KcDealt to Capt.Unlucky: Acgazb38 : Post Blind ($0.25)ZEBOP : Post Blind ($0.50)*** Pre-Flop *** : rolak10 : Foldstyopa : Call ($0.50)MitchL17 : Call ($0.50)Capt.Unlucky : Bet ($3)Coolred : Foldkoolromeo : Foldnickmyname : FoldWazupmysleve : Foldgazb38 : FoldZEBOP : Call ($2.50)styopa : Call ($2.50)MitchL17 : Raise ($5)Capt.Unlucky : Call ($2.50)ZEBOP : Call ($2.50)styopa : Call ($2.50)*** Flop *** : 2s 2d 10c ZEBOP : Checkstyopa : CheckMitchL17 : Bet ($25)Capt.Unlucky : FoldZEBOP : Foldstyopa : FoldI'm looking for help especially on PF play. Should i have pushed, or folded?

Hand 2:No reads, one of the first hands of the session. Table 'Lilongwe': $0.50-$0.50 No Limit HE (Real Money)Seat 0: Roemello ($39.65 in chips) Seat 1: nuhnuh ($49.50 in chips) Seat 2: Capt.Unlucky ($53.30 in chips) Seat 3: dentedghost ($143.60 in chips) Seat 5: Bukie1 ($43.30 in chips) (on the button)Seat 6: kKevnb ($21.50 in chips) Seat 7: Creemore41 ($51.05 in chips) Seat 8: HibernianFC ($87.85 in chips) Seat 9: bigr33 ($51.35 in chips) *** Blind Bet Round *** : Dealt to Capt.Unlucky: KcDealt to Capt.Unlucky: AsBukie1 : Post Blind ($0.25)kKevnb : Post Blind ($0.50)*** Pre-Flop *** : Creemore41 : Bet ($1)HibernianFC : Raise ($3)bigr33 : FoldRoemello : Foldnuhnuh : FoldCapt.Unlucky : Folddentedghost : FoldBukie1 : FoldkKevnb : FoldCreemore41 : FoldFold AK to raise, and reraise without reads, is that wrong?

In general, you seem to be afraid of AK. Do you think of it as the third best hand in poker or the 11th best hand (after all the pocket pairs)?In the first situation, the $5 raiser is screaming trapping high pocket pair. So folding after the flop is fine. AK after the flop without having made a hand is much weaker than before the flop. This assumes you have no reads.In the second situation, the raise and reraise doesn't mean you fold. But folding is an option given that it was from the first two positions but ONLY if the game is full of tight or good players. However, you have to realize that this is low-limit online poker. So a raise or reraise may not mean as much. There are enough people at that limit that don't understand position or starting hands that you can't assume they are monsters. What you do depends on how much gamble you have. A call most likely means you'll play against 2 opponents, a raise will probably isolate you against what you assume is a pocket pair in the 2nd position. In either case you have position. You can make a case for a call or a raise in this situation.If your first hand is any evidence of the looseness of the table, I'd tend to reraise on the second hand. Folks seem to be willing to call a $2.50 raise and then a reraise with not much hesitation.

in the 2nd situation, the min raise, then reraise, you have to be concerned about it getting re re raised behind you, especially if you flat call. You have to be willing to put in a lot of money preflop in this hand with the min raiser to act after you, if you aren't willing to, good laydown. Not saying it was the right or wrong play, just that you have to entertain the possibility it will be raised again IF you flat call.

1st hand, I would laydown the AK preflop after an original limper re-reraised you, looks like he was slowplaying AA or KK. 2nd hand - With no read on the table I would call, but I would be concerned about getting re-raised by the original raise. If he does make a re-raise I probably let that AK go.

in the 2nd situation, the min raise, then reraise, you have to be concerned about it getting re re raised behind you, especially if you flat call. You have to be willing to put in a lot of money preflop in this hand with the min raiser to act after you, if you aren't willing to, good laydown. Not saying it was the right or wrong play, just that you have to entertain the possibility it will be raised again IF you flat call.
Well said, the more I think of this, the more I would either raise or fold. I don't like the flat call. If you flat call, and UTG calls, then you're most likely stuck with a similar tough decision after the flop. If I do raise, I am playing it very carefully after the flop taking advantage of my position. If I trigger off a reraise before the flop, I know I'm beat and I'm off the hand. Two calls will also make me very suspicious. So the question comes back to if I want to invest like $6 to find out. Against an equal stack and a bigger stack with no read...probably not.