Gone "broke' twice. I put $50 into pp two years ago for my third and final buy in (when I had no idea what I was doing). Played lots of $5 sng's (again not realizing the rake was horrible for that limit) and some $25 nl cash games. I've been on that ever since and now have a bankroll that allows me to play 20-30 sng's and I switched to 1/2 limit instead of the nl tables. That being said a reason for going broke isn't always a player's skill or br management. One of my friends is a better player than I am yet he has had violent swings in online poker because he doesn't use common sense. It will be 2 a.m. we're getting back from the bars and the only thing he wants to do is play a $100 sng. He'll play at limits drunk he wouldn't even touch sober. I believe DN can attest something to this. You have to be able to manage your life before you can manage your poker skills or your bankroll.

do you need to have money to be able to go broke ??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Very few " Pros " actually play within set limits- they will tell you that, and Daniel has said as much. If you don't have any gamble in you- you willl never be as big as you could be if you did. That being said, going broke is bad, try not too, but take shots at games that are juicy and F it once in awhile.

• 3 years later...

In everyone's opinion... What book can I get a good lesson in bankroll management? Please include title, and author.