the intelligence of the general forum

Yesterday I was messing around at the General forum, one thread that talked about Daniel's game STACKED, then I freaking joked about STACKED is being able to download all over the Internet and the Gnutella network (which most of those idiots never heard of and didn't know how to get access to). Guess what, I received 4 different emails (one repeated request) from 3 posters asking me how/where to download it. Lol.I hope the intelligence of the O8 forum posters is higher.

I hope the intelligence of the O8 forum posters is higher.It is, because I used to spew money OOP in this game religiously, which I no longer do, thanks to you guys. I do wish Smash and Wintermute would post more, as I like their opposing views on how to play a hand.

I do wish Smash and Wintermute would post more, as I like their opposing views on how to play a hand.
Sure you want me to post more? Well, here's a pretty embarassing hand. It's LAG by both players, and I clearly played it horrible. On the flop, I knew I had a good chance to buy it based on his betting pattern (speed/size), and when the turn came down I stupidly tried to represent a hand I didn't have (and which he held). My river bet is comically bad, let's just pretend it didn't happen or something. But the point of sharing the hand is: what do you think of his play? Until this hand, nobody had gotten seriously out of hand at all, and this is the first time we played... so I doubt he had any read that I was weak, although you never know. Anyway, I'm trying to figure out whether I really like his flop call or hate it.Omaha Hi/Lo Pot Limit ($3/$6) Seat 1: hero ($673.10 in chips) Seat 2: villain ($761.30 in chips) hero posts small blind $3villain posts big blind $6*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to fat_nutz [7c 6c Qd Jd]hero : calls $3villain : raises $12 to $18hero : calls $12*** FLOP *** [Kh 6h 7d]hero : checks villain : bets $35hero : raises $105 to $140villain : calls $105*** TURN *** [Kh 6h 7d] [3s]hero : bets $315villain : calls $315*** RIVER *** [Kh 6h 7d 3s] [As]hero : bets $200.10 and is all-invillain : calls $200.10*** SHOW DOWN ***hero : shows [7c 6c Qd Jd] (HI: two pair, Sevens and Sixes)L.L.N.: shows [4h 4s 5d 2s] (HI: a straight, Three to Seven; LO: 6,4,3,2,A) L.L.N. collected $672.60 from pot L.L.N. collected $672.60 from pot
But the point of sharing the hand is: what do you think of his play?  Until this hand, nobody had gotten seriously out of hand at all, and this is the first time we played... so I doubt he had any read that I was weak, although you never know.  Anyway, I'm trying to figure out whether I really like his flop call or hate it.
Flop call looks OK to me given that it is SH: You would probably have raised pre-flop with any decent low - A2x or A3x, so if you have a flush draw he only needs to worry about A4s (and he has 2 of the 4's). If you have a set or 2 pair, he is very comfortable seeing one more card and then probably free-rolling. If you have a str8 draw then he is still OK unless 9 or T comes on the turn. In otherwords, the only thing he has to worry about when calling your raise is that you chose this one to just limp with a reasonable hand pre-flop.Shouldn't he have raised you on the turn? - I guess he was worried that you were free-rolling for the flush.
If you have a set or 2 pair' date=' he is very comfortable seeing one more card and then probably free-rolling. If you have a str8 draw then he is still OK unless 9 or T comes on the turn.
Really? set/2pair he's essentially drawing to half the pot (with a few scoop cards, yes) with just 5th-nut low. I could easily have A4 or 23 here w/out having raised PF, and occasionally an A2, A3... since we've played maybe 50 hands together, he can't discount a PF slowplay
If you have a set or 2 pair' date=' he is very comfortable seeing one more card and then probably free-rolling. If you have a str8 draw then he is still OK unless 9 or T comes on the turn.
Really? set/2pair he's essentially drawing to half the pot (with a few scoop cards' date=' yes) with just 5th-nut low. I could easily have A4 or 23 here w/out having raised PF, and occasionally an A2, A3... since we've played maybe 50 hands together, he can't discount a PF slowplay[/quote']I think that's exactly the trade-off he has to make: low on the turn and he's free-rolling versus no low and/or you slow-played what is now a monster. He has a potential 2 way hand, given your aggression on the flop it is unlikely that you do. However, given that rationale I then don't see how he can NOT jam the turn.
I think that's exactly the trade-off he has to make: low on the turn and he's free-rolling versus no low and/or you slow-played what is now a monster. He has a potential 2 way hand, given your aggression on the flop it is unlikely that you do. However, given that rationale I then don't see how he can NOT jam the turn.
It's definitely not unlikely that I have a 2-way hand based on my flop aggression. A2 w/ some made high or strong draw I'd play the same way. More I think about it the more I hate his play. But when you've got an opponent who gets out of line at just the right time like I did, you can look like a genius.And yeah, how he didn't jam the turn is beyond me, except that he perhaps wanted me to keep firing and thought I'd fold for the last 200 if he raised.