no more nl tourneys in florida

State legislature has ruled that the NL touneys at B&M places are off for now. See story in Orlando Sentinal. Crap, I was going to play one today. Now all we have onshore here in FL for now is crappy $ 2 limit no fold em holdem. :cry:

This is ****** ridiculous. These lawmakers obviously have no ideal how much money is now going to be lost. Typical Florida government being retarted again. Looks like it online 24/7 now. This sucks.

I think limit poker is ridiculous. I learned poker playing and actually made money playing 1/2 at the hard rock. When I really learned how to play poker I could no longer play limit because your going all the way to the river no matter what with at least three players. Its crazy in there. I only play no-limit now and enjoyed the tourneys there. Hopefully they'll overturn this and change the law next year.

My wife and I had planned on entering our first tourny last friday (Veterans Day) and drove the 2 hours to Ebro (Panama City) to find out at 11am that there are no more games....this is after friends of ours had just talked to the director 30 min prior to confirm the starting time. I guess that was just our bad luck...I read through the fax they had recieved in regards to the legislation, what I gathered from it was that the Wagering Laws ($2 max bet) somehow come into play in these tournys....however I disagree totally with the "safety and wellfare" statements made in the letter. I guess losing your shorts playing limit poker is somehow better than spending $45 a tournament?????? And as far as Florida Limit Poker rooms, I believe I read somewhere that 1/2 L poker is typically not a money maker as the house rake usually stifles any profit you can make in the long run. So I personally refuse to sit at a 1/2 L table.