daniel's dvd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Welllll...I hope this doesnt get me banned from the site, but I just finished watching it.Lets just say that the target audience is quite a bit lower than the sections "beginner, intermediate and advanced" might imply.There is nothing in here that the frequent posters in the Tournament Strategy section dont already know and use. It looks like its intended to be sold as a companion to Stacked for real beginners, and thats the audience it hits, even at the "advanced" level.Plus the "advanced" student has some really annoying facial tics, lol.

did you buy it or did you down load it ???
bought it
You may have read about me filming an instructional DVD with MTV at Wynn Las Vegas in my blog last fall and after much editing and post production work it is all set to hit the shelves in March with a purchase price of $29.99. :!: :shock:

Hey FCP Forum, I just got DN's DVD last night and I watched it all the way through. The begginers section and intermediate section are OK, but the advanced section is awesome. Daniel has really done a superb job with this video and I saw immediate results using his advanced section of the video. Well done Daniel!!!!Best Wishes,RTK

I'd like to preface my post with the fact that I'm a big Daniel fan and this is the first poker instructional DVD I've purchased. I have watched Howard Lederer's though.I received the DVD in the mail yesterday. I ordered it about a week ago and when I placed the order they gave me an option to rush shipping for an extra $5. If I didn't pay the $5, they claimed it could take 6 to 8 weeks for the DVD to arrive. I didn't want to pay the $5, so I didn't. Still got the DVD in about a week. Seemed like a bit of a scam.I watched the DVD all the way through even though I had a feeling that the beginner stuff would be useless to me. This DVD was only designed for no limit texas hold'em. If you expect to learn any tips for any other game, you won't from this DVD.The beginner lesson (and possibly the advanced lesson too) seemed more geared toward no limit cash games. I believe that some of the betting strategies would scare everyone out of a pot 95% of the time and I don't think you want to do that in tournaments because you'll only win blinds with your premium hands and then you'll be blinded out when you don't catch premium or very strong hands. Cash games, I can see the strategy being sound.Intermediate: focussed almost 100% on people. Figuring out what kind of players people are and how to play against that type of player. Was interesting and would work well in either cash or tournament play for the most part. I think some of the concepts about maniacs might also work in limit games.Advanced: This is where I thought the DVD got really interesting and really superficial. Daniel's concept of "Small Ball" was the main focus on this portion of the DVD and I REALLY would have liked to have more detail about it. I feel like I've gotten a taste, but am afraid that it's just enough to be dangerous to my bankroll. He didn't go into depth as to what cards to play (other than 3 or 4 hands), what specific position(s) to play, what types of players it works best against (and which it doesn't work against), how big of a stack you should have to start playing this way and at what size stack you should stop playing that way (if at all), and what limits this would work best at. It's a lot of missing info.The bonus features were ok. The tells were probably the most interesting of the bonus features.Overall, I thought the DVD was pretty good. Daniel was great in it. I thought a couple of the players he picked were a bit odd. Would really like to see an entire 2 hours dedicated to the concept of small ball with a DVD ROM section with printable hands that should be played as small ball.- Locutus

Overall, I thought the DVD was pretty good.  Daniel was great in it.  I thought a couple of the players he picked were a bit odd.  Would really like to see an entire 2 hours dedicated to the concept of small ball with a DVD ROM section with printable hands that should be played as small ball.- Locutus
I dont think it requires a "DVD ROM section with printable hands" to explain hands that should be played as small ball. Small ball isnt so much about hands that are playable pre-flop as it is about post-flop play. ANY TWO cards can be considered to have "small ball" potential. However, the most obvious first cut after any two cards can be most easily described as "hands with large drawing potential" such as suited connectors and small pairs.Erick Lindgrens book does a lot better job on small ball than the DN DVD, imo.
  • 3 weeks later...