fcp veterans forum?

doublemeup you shut up. Daniel said he'd hand pick me. Start the vet forum, see ya in 900 posts or when you start contributing, loser (sw)
hey Daniel, didn't you say that you didn't want people to post insulting posts? Thinking twice about letting this guy in? Listen buddy, its nothing about you, i just don't want him to hand pick "special" people to be able to post in the vet forum when they don't have 1k posts.
Is it really that big a deal to get into a forum? Let it go buddy, there are more important things in life than www.fullcontactpoker.com
a newbie....figures.
doublemeup, man you have been a member of fcp for less than a month and yor are crying foul about how the forum is run? are you serious?? do you not see how crazy that is...look, we have ppl that have been here since the begenning that dont do that...i'd likie to have a vets forum , but if we dont i would still be cool with the forum...better yet, if we have a vets forum and i was told i didnt qualify for whatever reason , i would still be cool with the forum...we are not promised anything by posting here ...we are not owed anything by posting here...get it..
hey buddy i got it. is it ok for me to have an opinion Senor Veteren? Let me ask your permission to make another post.
you clearly have many problems...i pity you....it must suck to be such a small person...mc fly is there anybody in there??
  • Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

doublemeup you shut up. Daniel said he'd hand pick me. Start the vet forum, see ya in 900 posts or when you start contributing, loser (sw)
hey Daniel, didn't you say that you didn't want people to post insulting posts? Thinking twice about letting this guy in? Listen buddy, its nothing about you, i just don't want him to hand pick "special" people to be able to post in the vet forum when they don't have 1k posts.
Is it really that big a deal to get into a forum? Let it go buddy, there are more important things in life than www.fullcontactpoker.com
a newbie....figures.
doublemeup, man you have been a member of fcp for less than a month and yor are crying foul about how the forum is run? are you serious?? do you not see how crazy that is...look, we have ppl that have been here since the begenning that dont do that...i'd likie to have a vets forum , but if we dont i would still be cool with the forum...better yet, if we have a vets forum and i was told i didnt qualify for whatever reason , i would still be cool with the forum...we are not promised anything by posting here ...we are not owed anything by posting here...get it..
hey buddy i got it. is it ok for me to have an opinion Senor Veteren? Let me ask your permission to make another post.
you clearly have many problems...i pity you....it must suck to be such a small person...mc fly is there anybody in there??
wow yea you vets always make intelligent posts. keep up the good work!
broham, get over the vet thing.....seriously..get over it....this is like trying to teach algebra to a special ed kid...
another intelligent post!!! omg, i don't believe it!! back to back intelligent posts!!! to make it even better it was by a veteren!!!
How about a forum for all the people/ veterans DN mentioned in his blog. These FCP members seem to contribute the most to the forum. For new posters to be allowed to post in the veteran forum they would have to be invited by the original crew, and given a password or whatever to allow them to post. (think friendster)
Hey DN- Let people like..........Smash,Marion Sauce,Governator, DCSports, jeffgen, Royal Tour, Jason Bo, and Chadwick, Ron Mexico,KDwagCometh, Nikki N, Akishore, dna4ever, Spademan, Suited_Up, digital monkey ,teneight, Iveyfan39, MissIdaho, SwiftPsycho,Ozium_Rules,Theresa,allinbluff35,akishore,alf13, zimmer4141,and steve7stud ( i am sorry if i missed you) have a veterans forum where they decide who, if anyone, qualifies as a veteran and is allowed to post.From comedic value(ron mexico+royal) to strategy help (Smasharoo,akishore, countless others) to railing a big tourney wins(teneight, zimmer) these forum members keep me coming back even when you are on hiatus from blogging or there is a lull in the tournament schedule. Rewarding people for their loyalty to you and FCP is something you are great at Daniel. I am sure this will be no different. The idea that you are somehow "punishing" people is laughable :roll:Before You ask- NO i do NOT qualify :club:

i havent read the entire thread, just parts of it, but im part of a couple other forums, one is a hockey forum, and it does have a vets section. it works by the current vets voting other members, and if they get a majority they get in. only people who are in the "vets" group, which the admin has to add people to, are allowed to enter that part of the forum and post in it. looks something like this:vetsedge.jpgit works well that way, we talk about changes that should/could be made to the forum to better it, and other things of that nature. it is a good idea though, so i would certainly suggest that for this forum.

2) Add a "Quality Content" forum. In this forum, there will be no silliness. We will leave all of that in the General Forum. The Quality Content forum would be for the posters that contribute quality content to the site. For a forum like this, I would hand pick about 20-30 of the best posters on FCP and only they would post in that forum. All could read the forum of course, and I would look to you guys for help and suggestions on the first group. Then, each week, I would do a poll in the General Forum with a list of 8 nominees for the Quality Content Forum.
lol....I don't see myself getting an invite to the Quality Forum anytime soon, but I still think it's a great idea. Thanks for putting so much thought into this Daniel.
If Jerry doesn't go then niether will I!
It's a great idea but it takes an awful lot of work, I think it would just be better to pick 2-5 people who you trust that would be able to delete threads/move. I honestly don't think a newbie will post in the newbie section. I've noticed a lot of them post in the general just to get attention or to get on people's nerve and make numerous amounts of pointless threads.
I agree with Stylin_Fish and htink this is a good idea. More mods! This solves so much of the problems.Originally i thought that a vets forum would be great. I don't like the fact that people who have been here longer think that they should have the same rights as people who contribute. It's great that they read everything, but if they are to get some sort of privledge, they should be contributing as well. Sure, there are many many stupid meaningless posts by veterans of the forum, but the fact is that we're here putting our time into the forum. The well-respected veterans of this forum provide a lot of content and should be rewarded some way. The Charter member was one way to do this, but a veteran's forum also is a good way.Veterans of this forum want a sense of community, much like the FCPHA has. I think that newbie posters should work and contribute and put in a good number of posts before being able to enter in this sense of community.I guess what i'm saying is that something needs to be done, and i'm for either creating more mods, or creating a seperate forum to foster more of a sense of community among the veterans.
broham, get over the vet thing.....seriously..get over it....this is like trying to teach algebra to a special ed kid...
another intelligent post!!! omg, i don't believe it!! back to back intelligent posts!!! to make it even better it was by a veteren!!!
wow...im done....you need your meds....
i'm going on tilt in a tournament i'm playing in. I was playing great till i started posting here....lol.
jeez...if you can't even handle a tourney and this thread, how on earth would you handle being in the veterans' forum??sw

I want to emphasize one thing.The people who recently joined are not being punished. They have access to everything else that all the rest of us have had access too. Rather look at it as a reward for those who have spent many hours contributing to this forum in one way or another, whether it be posting strategy, making people laugh, or just creating some sort of community feeling. Everyone else who have just joined will be rewarded in due time, they just have to go through all the hard work of getting to veteran status.

i'm going on tilt in a tournament i'm playing in. I was playing great till i started posting here....lol.
jeez...if you can't even handle a tourney and this thread, how on earth would you handle being in the veterans' forum??won't matter. won't be there anyway.sw
I want to emphasize one thing.The people who recently joined are not being punished. They have access to everything else that all the rest of us have had access too. Rather look at it as a reward for those who have spent many hours contributing to this forum in one way or another, whether it be posting strategy, making people laugh, or just creating some sort of community feeling. Everyone else who have just joined will be rewarded in due time, they just have to go through all the hard work of getting to veteran status.
hard work? you mean just quoting people posting worthless stuff? c'mon now.
:clap:
Not one person on this forum has gotten to 300 posts just quoting people. There's a lot of that stuff going on, but please give me a list of people who have reached veteran status without adding something to the forum.
I believe what Sapphire was saying is that just because this is a poker forum, that doesn't mean everything must be about poker. I know for one that I have more posts where I am joking around with people or talking about some random poker event then actual serious poker discussion/advice.
Not one person on this forum has gotten to 300 posts just quoting people. There's a lot of that stuff going on, but please give me a list of people who have reached veteran status without adding something to the forum.
So every Veteren always posts a meaningfull post?

I voted no mostly cause doing so would prolly just increase the garbage posts by people. Honsetly 90% of the people that are up in post counts post pointless and mean replies to almost every thread reguardless of the content. It's like rewarding the worst people for being as horrible to everyone they could for as long as they could. I post very rarly to avoid all the garbage on the site. I haven't been around for a long time but I deftantly check the site often enough that if I had wanted too I coulda joined the "in crowd" and picked a fight with every single poster on evey post I possibly could.

I believe what Sapphire was saying is that just because this is a poker forum, that doesn't mean everything must be about poker. I know for one that I have more posts where I am joking around with people or talking about some random poker event then actual serious poker discussion/advice.
yea i understand that but whats your point?

It seems like too many people here are going on TILT. Let me use another poker analogy. If you're focus is on how you look during your session, or trying to impress others when you play, that's -EV. Whatever happens with this forum will happen. I personally take a lot of time away from poker to try and help people and add useful content. Some of my peers have criticized me for doing so, but I have my own reasons. For the record, Josh Arieh, Jen Harman, and Harry Demetriu (sp) are not veterans either. But I value their opinions greatly. Put everything into perspective here.As far as mods are concerned, this is the only forum that I belong to. I have no idea how many mods are on other forums. I personally would consider being a mod myself, if I knew exactly what was involved.Lets try and remember that this is a poker forum. This should be a place where you can come to improve your game. If you are good, or ask great questions. They will be answered, regardless of what category it's put into.