i finally see a light! (long post)

Good day all,Some of you are good/great poker players and like everybody else you had to start from the start, i.e. learning the game, loosing money and breaking even.I do not consider myself one of them yet. But, now after close to 4 years of on-line and B&M poker (reading books, forums, etc...) something odd seems to be happening to me. It happened a few weeks ago. Everything seems more logic, more clear now at the table. I do not know how to explain it, it is like I was playing in a dark room and somebody just turned on the light. I am sure it is a dimmer light and it still can be brighter but still a lot of things, at a poker table, seem to make more sense now.My question is, did you guys also at one time (or more) in your poker life had felt that sensation that everything is now "clicking"?Thank you.p.s. Before somebody ask me the question, I do not have a lot to show in the past few weeks as wins ot support what I have just said. The last 2 weeks on PokerStars have been 60FP turned to 6000FP on a Monte Carlo Satellite, won two satellites for the $215 tourney (one limit, one no-limit) from which I withdrew to take Tournament $, one $50+$5 sit'n'go win, my first MTT win ($20+$2, 20 tables, 180 players, $1,080).

Good day all,Some of you are good/great poker players and like everybody else you had to start from the start, i.e. learning the game, loosing money and breaking even.I do not consider myself one of them yet. But, now after close to 4 years of on-line and B&M poker (reading books, forums, etc...) something odd seems to be happening to me. It happened a few weeks ago. Everything seems more logic, more clear now at the table. I do not know how to explain it, it is like I was playing in a dark room and somebody just turned on the light. I am sure it is a dimmer light and it still can be brighter but still a lot of things, at a poker table, seem to make more sense now.My question is, did you guys also at one time (or more) in your poker life had felt that sensation that everything is now "clicking"?Thank you.p.s. Before somebody ask me the question, I do not have a lot to show in the past few weeks as wins ot support what I have just said. The last 2 weeks on PokerStars have been 60FP turned to 6000FP on a Monte Carlo Satellite, won two satellites for the $215 tourney (one limit, one no-limit) from which I withdrew to take Tournament $, one $50+$5 sit'n'go win, my first MTT win ($20+$2, 20 tables, 180 players, $1,080).
Yea, this happens to people. It's when your brain is done absorbing and processing all the information youve learned from BM / Online rooms and Books ...Im a master ranked chess player, and when I was an expert I decided to read as much as I could without playing a tourny. I studied for 1 year straight and then took 3 months off from studying .. and then , everything just seems to click , and i attained my master rating soon after. I get a kick out of people trying to read a poker book at a poker table, thinking whatever they read will instantly make them better. The brain needs time to absorb things and process them accordingly . You my friend , have absorbed and processed what youve read.
Yea, this happens to people. It's when your brain is done absorbing and processing all the information youve learned from BM / Online rooms and Books ...Im a master ranked chess player, and when I was an expert I decided to read as much as I could without playing a tourny. I studied for 1 year straight and then took 3 months off from studying .. and then , everything just seems to click , and i attained my master rating soon after. I get a kick out of people trying to read a poker book at a poker table, thinking whatever they read will instantly make them better. The brain needs time to absorb things and process them accordingly . You my friend , have absorbed and processed what youve read.
very interesting read - perhaps you could post some of your experiences of being a master chess player and relate them to people who are looking to play poker "professionally," or full-time or make serious money at it, since it would seem to take a similar mental commitment.cheers,daniel