i am a terriblie gin player, maybe the worlds worst

i lose all the time to anyone. i just don't get why. it's comical. i can lose 5 games in row to a novice like its my job. it's eerie.i'm a good card player. i play almost every version of poker and cards for a good profit (horse, any draw game, bridge, hearts, war etc.) but can't win at gin. any advice, strat, or links? i'm talking 10 card gin. not rummy 500 or 7 card. thanks

Only pick to melds or to a card that takes two nothing cards into 4 outs (such as picking the 6 of clubs if you have the 6 of diamonds and 7 clubs). Remember with your throws and picks that you are indicating what you have to your opponent. Also a good play is a suck, e.g. throwing the Q diamonds when you need the Q hearts, so as to mislead and draw out your card. Dont be in the habbit of drawing to a lot of high runs or pairs, especially late in the game, because you will rack up points for your opponent if you are caught. Most importantly, play defense. Remember what has been thrown (what is safe) and what your opponent has taken. Always throw safe cards (sometimes even at the expense of breaking draws) and avoid at all cost throwing unsafe cards. And knock as much as you can. There is no greater advantage in gin than being on colums while your opponent is not, giving you a chance at a blitz. The extra points for gin, especially early in a sheet, are not worth not getting on.

Only pick to melds or to a card that takes two nothing cards into 4 outs (such as picking the 6 of clubs if you have the 6 of diamonds and 7 clubs). Remember with your throws and picks that you are indicating what you have to your opponent. Also a good play is a suck, e.g. throwing the Q diamonds when you need the Q hearts, so as to mislead and draw out your card. Dont be in the habbit of drawing to a lot of high runs or pairs, especially late in the game, because you will rack up points for your opponent if you are caught. Most importantly, play defense. Remember what has been thrown (what is safe) and what your opponent has taken. Always throw safe cards (sometimes even at the expense of breaking draws) and avoid at all cost throwing unsafe cards. And knock as much as you can. There is no greater advantage in gin than being on colums while your opponent is not, giving you a chance at a blitz. The extra points for gin, especially early in a sheet, are not worth not getting on.
Now I would make myself a narrow favourite over Case :club: