man i wish.......

Why areyou calling an all in with TP2K?Top pair hubris is the thing that will cause most people to get eliminated from tourneys as it did with you.
Sure- you should always lay down A-Q- everytime. Never play it, it's a s hitty hand- the other guy always has either A-K, a set or 2 pair, everytime. Not- I play aggressive, which is why I said this stuff happens, and I shared this story, but apparently telling stories is bad. And by the way, people get eliminated by not being aggressive enough more than they do with callng with Top pair 2 kicker- you would be suprised in online tourneys how often that hand is actually good. The key is putting yourself in position where a hit or 2 doesnt hurt you- this guy killed me. Shrug- it happens. Good times.
It sounds like the guy c/r with monsters, you shouldve noticed this the 2nd time. You dont get away from the hand everytime, just when you have a read that you're beat. I believe the information was there, you just missed it.
Actually, the 2nd time I am definitely not folding- I am thinking at that point in terms of odds- what are the odds the same guy to my right picks up pocket aces when I have an ace and the ace hits the flop? The odds are against that- as much as I pay attention to raises and things like that I am thinking about the likelihood that he actually has the same hand again, and it's not likely, so I go with that. Plus, except for the last hand potwise I had to call both times. The deck was living in his anus, nothing I can do except fold every hand- and I am not about to start doing that. When I start to ;play timid only bad things can happen.
Think about what I bolded there.....I'll give you a hint: Cards dont have brains.They dont know that what they're doing is wrong, and they cant remember.
If I folded A-Q to a reraise everytime I held it I would be an idiot- as far as the cards not having brains, true, but I do- and I know that most of the time in the blinds the same dude will not be holding A-A- the odds are against that. On top of that, the odds that he is holding A-A and all 4 aces show up? These are easy calls, and in online tourneys most of the time I will be right.
Something to think about Lois... They are definately right that cards don't remember and the "odds" could care less who sits where or who had what. I once got dealt AA three times in a row. I went all-in preflop every time. I got called everytime with progressively worse hands because people just "couldn't believe it".Math doesn't have feelings.
Guest Anonymous
I raise with A-Q diamonds utg-
There's mistake #1.Mistake #2 was not folding to the reraise.
I raise out of the BB with A-Q when he limps, he calls, flop comes 8-A-4, I raise at it agin he pushes I call-
Way to overplay it. Looks like he trapped the overaggressive player quite nicely.My advice, read HOH 1 and 2.
I wish I was a little bit tallerI wish I was a ballerI wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat and a '64 Impala
Didnt think Id live to see the day a skee-lo reference was made on FCP, that had to be like 10 years ago at least. I wonder he has been up to know.Best regards Skee-lo.-JB-
Why areyou calling an all in with TP2K? Top pair hubris is the thing that will cause most people to get eliminated from tourneys as it did with you.
Agreed.Let's face it, three times you called his all-in bet without having the best hand. It's not bad luck for you, because you could def. have played two out of three of those hands way better.
If I posted this, I am sure I would be flamed eternally.
Leave Koop alone. What I'm sick and tired of is these fresh posters to the site who claim to have "flame retardant cloths" and stuff on, but then bust a nut when they actually get criticized. Next one who flips after promising not to is gonna get a kick to the throat.
Why areyou calling an all in with TP2K? Top pair hubris is the thing that will cause most people to get eliminated from tourneys as it did with you.
Agreed.Let's face it, three times you called his all-in bet without having the best hand. It's not bad luck for you, because you could def. have played two out of three of those hands way better.
If I posted this, I am sure I would be flamed eternally.
Leave Koop alone. What I'm sick and tired of is these fresh posters to the site who claim to have "flame retardant cloths" and stuff on, but then bust a nut when they actually get criticized. Next one who flips after promising not to is gonna get a kick to the throat.
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

To the guy who quoted Kowboy Koop and then said people should stop bagging on Kowboy Koop, he said that, not anybody else. To the same guy, I have no idea about fresh posters busting a nut if they get criticized, and it does not apply- I am certainly not a fresh poster and never got upset when being criticized- except by that idiot Kowboy Koop. To the guy that said odds don't matter because one time he got pocket aces three times in a row, that sentence proved my point. ONE TIME. If there was ever an argument for the fact that you can bet on certain things not happening, that was the one. Good job proving my point. To the guy who said that I overplayed A-Q under the gun- No, no, no, I was the chip leader at this table and number 4 at the time- when he flat called my raise and then pushed after I raised, I am not folding for an extra 500 or so in a 2000 dollar pot, ever, especially being the leader. The very next hand I made a flush to get the chips right back. The second time it happened is when it really hurt, because he had alot more chips- and the second time is the one time I am seriously not folding, for the very fact that it's the same guy and the same exact hands and the odds are against that happening- if it was different guy I may have folded. Tournament poker is alot different than cash game poker, in that winners play an aggressive game where the goal is to accumulate chips, and survival becomes second- it used to be the theory is survival but it's not about that anymore, because there is always another tourney- now it's about getting the neccesary chips to win and if you can't do that then get into the next tourney. The goal is to make the final table, and then play a real game- because eveyone else plays ultra ultra aggressive and tends to loosen up even more at online final tables, or am I the only one that realizes that? If I folded A-Q everytime an ace hit the flop, reraise or not, I would never win tournaments, ever. Actually, if a person folded and I was holding A-A and they showed me A-Q, I would laugh and then raise them the F out of everything- they have no balls, and for this I punish. Scared tournament poker is the absolute worse kind.

To the guy that said odds don't matter because one time he got pocket aces three times in a row, that sentence proved my point. ONE TIME. If there was ever an argument for the fact that you can bet on certain things not happening, that was the one. Good job proving my point.
Just really quick. A probability lesson for you.I'll do this the easiest way I can think of although there may be an easier way to prove that you are wrong.On any given hand, H, your probability of getting dealt AA is .45%On three consecutive hands, H1, H2, H3, your probabilty of getting AA all three hands consecutively is indeed .45% X .45% X .45% or .0000091%.That being said, the probability of you getting AA on H1 = .45% on H2 = .45% and on H3 = .45%To base your decision in, say, H2 on something else than the probability of H2 is stupid.I seriously hope this makes sense to you now.- Nick.
To the guy who quoted Kowboy Koop and then said people should stop bagging on Kowboy Koop, he said that, not anybody else. To the same guy, I have no idea about fresh posters busting a nut if they get criticized, and it does not apply- I am certainly not a fresh poster and never got upset when being criticized- except by that idiot Kowboy Koop. To the guy that said odds don't matter because one time he got pocket aces three times in a row, that sentence proved my point. ONE TIME. If there was ever an argument for the fact that you can bet on certain things not happening, that was the one. Good job proving my point. To the guy who said that I overplayed A-Q under the gun- No, no, no, I was the chip leader at this table and number 4 at the time- when he flat called my raise and then pushed after I raised, I am not folding for an extra 500 or so in a 2000 dollar pot, ever, especially being the leader. The very next hand I made a flush to get the chips right back. The second time it happened is when it really hurt, because he had alot more chips- and the second time is the one time I am seriously not folding, for the very fact that it's the same guy and the same exact hands and the odds are against that happening- if it was different guy I may have folded. Tournament poker is alot different than cash game poker, in that winners play an aggressive game where the goal is to accumulate chips, and survival becomes second- it used to be the theory is survival but it's not about that anymore, because there is always another tourney- now it's about getting the neccesary chips to win and if you can't do that then get into the next tourney. The goal is to make the final table, and then play a real game- because eveyone else plays ultra ultra aggressive and tends to loosen up even more at online final tables, or am I the only one that realizes that? If I folded A-Q everytime an ace hit the flop, reraise or not, I would never win tournaments, ever. Actually, if a person folded and I was holding A-A and they showed me A-Q, I would laugh and then raise them the F out of everything- they have no balls, and for this I punish. Scared tournament poker is the absolute worse kind.
You are clearly getting crushed on your own thread. You are wrong. W-H-A-M-M-Y.
To the guy that said odds don't matter because one time he got pocket aces three times in a row, that sentence proved my point. ONE TIME. If there was ever an argument for the fact that you can bet on certain things not happening, that was the one. Good job proving my point.
Just really quick. A probability lesson for you.I'll do this the easiest way I can think of although there may be an easier way to prove that you are wrong.On any given hand, H, your probability of getting dealt AA is .45%On three consecutive hands, H1, H2, H3, your probabilty of getting AA all three hands consecutively is indeed .45% X .45% X .45% or .0000091%.That being said, the probability of you getting AA on H1 = .45% on H2 = .45% and on H3 = .45%To base your decision in, say, H2 on something else than the probability of H2 is stupid.I seriously hope this makes sense to you now.- Nick.
I understand the math- the point is this: it does not happen that often. Me with the same exact hand, played the same way, against the same guy in the same seat, it does not happen- I would say it happens at a rate of oh, .45%. It is actually probably worse than that. See why I am not afraid of it?and, incidentally, I never will be. The times that it happens, I pay for it- because the odds are in my favor over time.
You are clearly not open to another point of view, so I'm not going to argue with you about the correct play.This is the 3rd time you misrepresented what I actually said.
You are clearly not open to another point of view, so I'm not going to argue with you about the correct play.This is the 3rd time you misrepresented what I actually said.
I know what you said, and I get it- I never misrepresented what you said, I just made a statement. " If I folded A-Q everytime an ace hit the flop, reraise or not, I would never win tournaments, ever." That statement has nothing to do with what you said, I get what you said, it is a valid point. The correct play- if I folded a strong hand everytime a player told me by his actions that he had a better hand, I would be a bad tournament player- all kinds of bluffing, desperation bets, and flat out bad play goes on every minute in tourneys, and I aggressively take advantage of that. All I did was post a story where this really bit me in the ass- it is not going to change how I play.
A hand would hold up, or just anything could go right. In the top ten for the first 2 hours of a tourney, the same guy did this to me, at 2 different tables. Here goes-- I raise with A-Q diamonds utg- he is in the BB- he reraises and I call- flop is 6-5-A- he checks, I raise, he pushes all in, he has pocket aces and the set, he takes a 3rd of my chips. 20 minutes later-- I raise out of the BB with A-Q when he limps, he calls, flop comes 8-A-4, I raise at it agin he pushes I call- he has a set of aces again. F uuucccck!!! The percentages are surely against that, right? It gets better---- Moved to a new table, he is moved to the same one. 3 hands in I raise with A-9 spades, he calls, flop comes A- 5s-2s, at this point I am at the point in my stack where it's just push time. I am all in, he calls with A-5, turn gives me the flush, river gives him an ace and the full house. Arrggghhh- he was the only person that did any damage to my stack at all. I have never been taken out like that with the deck giving monsters to just one dude. For the record, this is not a bad beat story, none of these were bad beats- this s hit happens. However, I did take UB off my computer and wiped it clean- the stench of that site will cause this s hit to happen on other sites as well, and that is just not good for buisness. So, screw UB, it was fun while it lasted, now UB can suck it. Is it the sites fault? Hell yes- random generator has perpetually had it's ethereal d ick up my butt now for months. Random it is- but that doesn't mean I can't feel it. It hurts, and it makes it hard to sit. LOL- I need to start playing on some softer sites anyway.
1st hand: easy fold after the c/r all-in. unless you only had to call like 1/3 of pot or less2nd hand: why raise out of position w/ a marginal hand(pf)? sorry, but it was quite a donkish play esp after his reraise. we fast played his aces in the first hand, why wouldnt he do it again if it has already worked? what hands are you beating when you make this call? a-j, a-10? 3rd hand: there's nothing you can do about it, that's poker (unless you were raising from utg w/ a short stack)and your wish did come true. all three times, villain had the best hand when the money went in, and all three times, his hand held up. quit playing so many marginal hands out of position, and you would still be in this tournament
A hand would hold up, or just anything could go right. In the top ten for the first 2 hours of a tourney, the same guy did this to me, at 2 different tables. Here goes-- I raise with A-Q diamonds utg- he is in the BB- he reraises and I call- flop is 6-5-A- he checks, I raise, he pushes all in, he has pocket aces and the set, he takes a 3rd of my chips. 20 minutes later-- I raise out of the BB with A-Q when he limps, he calls, flop comes 8-A-4, I raise at it agin he pushes I call- he has a set of aces again. F uuucccck!!! The percentages are surely against that, right? It gets better---- Moved to a new table, he is moved to the same one. 3 hands in I raise with A-9 spades, he calls, flop comes A- 5s-2s, at this point I am at the point in my stack where it's just push time. I am all in, he calls with A-5, turn gives me the flush, river gives him an ace and the full house. Arrggghhh- he was the only person that did any damage to my stack at all. I have never been taken out like that with the deck giving monsters to just one dude. For the record, this is not a bad beat story, none of these were bad beats- this s hit happens. However, I did take UB off my computer and wiped it clean- the stench of that site will cause this s hit to happen on other sites as well, and that is just not good for buisness. So, screw UB, it was fun while it lasted, now UB can suck it. Is it the sites fault? Hell yes- random generator has perpetually had it's ethereal d ick up my butt now for months. Random it is- but that doesn't mean I can't feel it. It hurts, and it makes it hard to sit. LOL- I need to start playing on some softer sites anyway.
1st hand: easy fold after the c/r all-in. unless you only had to call like 1/3 of pot or less2nd hand: why raise out of position w/ a marginal hand(pf)? sorry, but it was quite a donkish play esp after his reraise. we fast played his aces in the first hand, why wouldnt he do it again if it has already worked? what hands are you beating when you make this call? a-j, a-10? 3rd hand: there's nothing you can do about it, that's poker (unless you were raising from utg w/ a short stack)and your wish did come true. all three times, villain had the best hand when the money went in, and all three times, his hand held up. quit playing so many marginal hands out of position, and you would still be in this tournament
I play alot more marginal hands than that out of position, especially with a chip lead- seriously, I think out of all of you one person got the point of the story- the same dude, same situation, same cards- I realize that I was crushed, and if I was a damn psychic I would have just folded A-Q all day- but I am not, and I won't, and I will continue to build big stacks in every tournament I am in and generally make the money- I will also continue to make a good amount of final tables. I am comfortable with this approach to the game, because generally for online touneys it works, and it works well.