I constantly find myself faced with this decision:Posting a blind or in the BB with Kx suited or Qx suited and it being two bet by the time it gets to me.What should I be doing in these situations? Folding or calling if I have odds? And what odds should I be looking to get here if I should call?I've been told you are never worse than a 4 to 1 dog preflop so if you are getting at least 4 to 1 you should be calling. Is this right?Also reverse implied odds need to be taken into consideration when playing second and third nut flush hands.

I've been told you are never worse than a 4 to 1 dog preflop so if you are getting at least 4 to 1 you should be calling. Is this right?
lol, that's horrible. whoever told you that either plays in games where you're allowed to buy in for 1 BB (so that a call puts you all-in) or lacks a lot of fundamental poker understanding.this game isn't about winning hands, it's about winning money. so you hit on it properly that it's about implied odds and reverse implied odds, or in general, future betting, but your reason (non-nut flushes) was way off.flop comes K x x, how much action are you getting from JJ by showdown? AQ? how about from KK? AK? AA?if you're going to be heads-up, you probably shouldn't call unless it's a blind steal a good amount of the time. similar reasoning to a lesser extent in a three-way pot. lesser extent still in a four-way pot. lesser still in a five-way pot. etc.in most games, i'd defend if the pot was going to be four-way. three-way, i usually don't defend unless the players are unusually bad postflop. then, it's good because you can outplay them.i will note that you flop a flush draw 1 in 8 times or so, about the same as a set, and these can be profitable against the right field.aseem
I've been told you are never worse than a 4 to 1 dog preflop so if you are getting at least 4 to 1 you should be calling. Is this right?
lol, that's horrible. whoever told you that either plays in games where you're allowed to buy in for 1 BB (so that a call puts you all-in) or lacks a lot of fundamental poker understanding.this game isn't about winning hands, it's about winning money. so you hit on it properly that it's about implied odds and reverse implied odds, or in general, future betting, but your reason (non-nut flushes) was way off.flop comes K x x, how much action are you getting from JJ by showdown? AQ? how about from KK? AK? AA?if you're going to be heads-up, you probably shouldn't call unless it's a blind steal a good amount of the time. similar reasoning to a lesser extent in a three-way pot. lesser extent still in a four-way pot. lesser still in a five-way pot. etc.in most games, i'd defend if the pot was going to be four-way. three-way, i usually don't defend unless the players are unusually bad postflop. then, it's good because you can outplay them.i will note that you flop a flush draw 1 in 8 times or so, about the same as a set, and these can be profitable against the right field.aseem
I love how you took the time and effort to point out such a ridiculous, but still valid exception. I think we're soulmates Aseem.Aren't you glad this is an internet forum :wink: Daniel

I am usually defending Kx suited in my blind against a raise. Of course, this depends on the raiser, and where the raise comes from. Say a loose player limps in MP, and an average player raises in CO. I am always calling this raise with Kx suited, and probably Q6s and up.If a raise came from a tight EP raiser, and there weren't a lot of cold calls, I'm throwing most of these suited hands into the muck.