Somebody find me a hand converter for World Poker Exchange. :club:***** Hand History for Game 13382896 *****0.10/0.20 Texas Hold'em (Split Limit) Table Shiner (10 max) (Real Money) -- Seat 6 is the buttonRay_Powers : Small Blind ($0.05)adpres : Big Blind ($0.10)ottoto : Big Blind ($0.10)** Dealing down cards **Dealt to Ray_Powers [ Jc Kh ]ottoto : CheckLUCASSY : Foldking_king : Call ($0.10)beejay : FoldMini : Call ($0.10)LaughingPenguin : FoldSteeevee : Call ($0.10)achi007 : Call ($0.10)Ray_Powers : Call ($0.05)I don't think I can raise here, being out of position for the rest of the hand. Not to mention the whole thing of having a good hand, not a great handadpres : Check** Dealing Flop ** : [ Ts Qs 3c ]I have the open ended straight draw, but there's a flush draw out there t0o, possibly negating two of my outs. I think I have to bet here to see where I stand.Ray_Powers : Bet ($0.10)adpres : Foldottoto : Foldking_king : FoldMini : FoldSteeevee : Foldachi007 : Call ($0.10)Well now, that was weird for a low limit table. Suddenly I am heads up.** Dealing Turn ** : [ Td ]I figured I need to continuation bet here to try to knock them off a crap hand. If they have a ten, I'm going to get raised and fold like a little wimp.Ray_Powers : Bet ($0.20)achi007 : Fold!!!!!Ray_Powers does not show cardsRay_Powers wins $0.90 Was this too aggressive? I'm glad it worked and all, but was it the right way to play the hand?Ray

I think, I go for c/r on flop to either:1. Build bigger pot if bet comes from EP and evertone already in for 1 bet or2. If bet comes from LP, I can force others to call 2, forcing weak draws to call incorrectly, or fold.What I don't want is to end up HU.EdIT {I think I contradicted my self.... I guess I'd rather be HU with a bigger pot at least..hmmm...I shuldn't post at work }Given you did and given the card that came on the turn:Don't bet it, if your folding to a raise.We can give you 7 outs and that's enough to call and fold UI on river.Even if you are raised you should call, now getting 7.5 to 1.Depending on your read: if he's likely to respect your bet and fold to the paired board, good. But you also could c/c. You way works well OOP imo against tighter/passive opponents.I'm wrong a lot.

I think, I go for c/r on flop to either:1. Build bigger pot if bet comes from EP and evertone already in for 1 bet or2. If bet comes from LP, I can force others to call 2, forcing weak draws to call incorrectly, or fold.What I don't want is to end up HU.EdIT {I think I contradicted my self.... I guess I'd rather be HU with a bigger pot at least..hmmm...I shuldn't post at work }
I admit to not like check raising on an open ended straight draw with one over card. It seems to fragile, and it doesn't really tell me where I am in the hand. Taking the lead normally will let me know where I stand a lot better. If they call they have a draw, or maybe have paired up. If they raise, they have AQ, or two pair most likely. If I try to get tricky at such a low limit table, it may get checked around. if not, the better, and subsequent callers can still literally have anything, and I probably gained little info. Not to mention that now I am putting in 2 small bets instead of one on a draw to gain the same info I could likely have gained with one bet.
Given you did and given the card that came on the turn:Don't bet it, if your folding to a raise.We can give you 7 outs and that's enough to call and fold UI on river.Even if you are raised you should call, now getting 7.5 to 1.Depending on your read: if he's likely to respect your bet and fold to the paired board, good. But you also could c/c. You way works well OOP imo against tighter/passive opponents.
I really didn't want to give up the lead once I took it. Checking gives him the opportunity to represent a ten when he starts betting out at me. If my plan is to put two bets in anyways, why not do it in the lead? I loved your answer to my hand yesterday. But today.. I dunno, I don't agree thus far... Convince me. :)Ray

I would check the flop. You have a good draw against a large field. You want to build a pot. You're going to re-raise an early position raise with multiple callers. If the raise gets few callers, or it comes from late position, just call to encourage overcalls.Anyone, is my line standard SSHE? Cuz I think it is, and would hate to be wrong.

i'm not convinced either :oops: but on another note, do you find the info useful that you're trying to obtain. Is it reliable at these stakes?
I often have chats with a friend that turn into "would you do the same thing at a 4/8 table, or a 10/20 table?" Often the answer is no, things would be different.But yes, mainly because, in all honesty, I am in "sponge" mode. I am trying to teach myself good play for different limits, while at the same time understanding there are times you do the same thing regardless of stakes, and times the answer varies greatly based on stakes.So yes, its useful, maybe not for the reasons of staying at those stakes, but its useful. :)Ray