usc overrated?!?!?!? alabama #1!?!?!?!?

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, we blew the Ohio State game. Had a chance to force them to punt and let the qb run 14 yards for a first down, and then gave up the huge pass on the scramble play. Oh, and to top it off our receiver forgets we have no timeouts and run to the middle of the field to let the clock run down.Oh well, looks like we end up in 3rd place, maybe 4th depending on Wisconsin. Amazing how one game can take you from a shot at first to as low as 4th.

wow I just flipped on teh Iron bowl... 21 nothing already?
yeah, we came out EXTREMELY flat, combined with them starting their first two drives within our 40....yeah.....this has not been fun so far.however, it is 21-7 now.....
Big turnover and now a 3 and out by the bama D...game could get interesting
yeah, I was a bit quick with my "it's over" bit...but we will have to get pretty fortunate to win this game. IF we can play offense like we did our last drive, it will end up being a close game. That is a big "if" though. I'm proud of my team for not just giving up, but it sure does suck that we had to come out so flat. First time all year we have come out playing this bad....not the game you want to do that with...long way to go though...if we score on this offensive drive...BIG momentum change.
Did someone mention my alma mater, Northwestern? Hell ya, there offense is the most exciting team in the big ten, and the only team I can stand to watch in the big ten ( bias aside) their defense, however, blows. Badly. And their offense is more of a system offense than it is a product of talent. And we'll find out if NW can put up 35 on Bama, 'cause that's who they are gonna playiin the citris bowl
How many times have Northwestern lost?? Two!?!? Ouch, that sucks, Alabama in ranked #5 in the nation and hasn't lost yet, despite playing in a MUCH tougher conference. Ouch, that sucks.Oh yeah, the Citrus Bowl, becuase you think 'Bama will lose to both LSU and Auburn, despite the fact that neither of them looked very good when they played each other. Probably didn't watch that game, I understand. Also, what about LSU??? Tennessee already handled them, AT HOME!!! How does that make LSU a favorite over 'Bama at home!??!! Oh, I guess for the same reason that Tennessee was a favorite over 'Bama the other day...yeah...good one. And Auburn!??!!! That will be our toughest game, probably, but if LSU can beat them, then we can beat them.Man, when 'Bama is SEC champions and playing in a BCS bowl, you will remember this thread and will probably never respond to me again, for fear of eternal humiliation.
Hey what do you know, I did remember this post. Good Call!Citris Bowl, anyone?
Did someone mention my alma mater, Northwestern? Hell ya, there offense is the most exciting team in the big ten, and the only team I can stand to watch in the big ten ( bias aside) their defense, however, blows. Badly. And their offense is more of a system offense than it is a product of talent. And we'll find out if NW can put up 35 on Bama, 'cause that's who they are gonna playiin the citris bowl
How many times have Northwestern lost?? Two!?!? Ouch, that sucks, Alabama in ranked #5 in the nation and hasn't lost yet, despite playing in a MUCH tougher conference. Ouch, that sucks.Oh yeah, the Citrus Bowl, becuase you think 'Bama will lose to both LSU and Auburn, despite the fact that neither of them looked very good when they played each other. Probably didn't watch that game, I understand. Also, what about LSU??? Tennessee already handled them, AT HOME!!! How does that make LSU a favorite over 'Bama at home!??!! Oh, I guess for the same reason that Tennessee was a favorite over 'Bama the other day...yeah...good one. And Auburn!??!!! That will be our toughest game, probably, but if LSU can beat them, then we can beat them.Man, when 'Bama is SEC champions and playing in a BCS bowl, you will remember this thread and will probably never respond to me again, for fear of eternal humiliation.
Hey what do you know, I did remember this post. Good Call!Citris Bowl, anyone?
hey, I'm a Bama fan, what am I supposed to think, that we were going to lose??? Come on, I had the balls to make some predictions. I said before the season that Bama would be a surprise team in the SEC (I was correct), I said we were one of the best teams in the nation and could be a NT contender (I was correct for a majority of the season...), but, yes, I also got a few wrong. I'll take a 9-2 year coming off of our probation with less scholarship players than other teams and with all the injuries we have had. Wish we had played better in the 2nd half vs. LSU and in the 1st quarter against Auburn, but, in the long run, it's been a good year.

also, I don't know how many of you are watching the Fresno St. vs. USC game....I know Fresno St. is good (not great, but good), but USC's defense looks S-O-F-T.....I sure hope they can put up 49 points against Texas...because if USC can't stop Fresno St....they are gonna get blown away by Texas......I'd be a little worried if I were a USC fan.....

I just don't see them beating Tenn, LSU and Auburn.  One of those teams is going to be able to beat a team that had to squeak out a 3 point win against a team with a losing record.  I wouldn't be suprised if they go 1-2 against those 3 teams.
I just wanted to quote myself from page 3 on this thread where I said Alabama would lose 2 of the 3 games agaisnt TN, LSU and Auburn. I was even pretty close on my score prediction for the Auburn game.I love being right! :club: Great day of college football.I watched the USC game last night. I don't think I have ever seen one player so throughly dominate another team as Reggie Bush did. I was leaning toward Vince Young for the hiesman, maybe not anymore. Most teams don't have 513 yeards of offense in a game, he did it by himself. That said, I think Texas would have beat USC last night.TN reallly sucks...Miami choked...ND will get in the BCS :D If South Florida can beat West Virgina, they are in the BCS... are you serious?
also, I don't know how many of you are watching the Fresno St. vs. USC game....I know Fresno St. is good (not great, but good), but USC's defense looks S-O-F-T.....I sure hope they can put up 49 points against Texas...because if USC can't stop Fresno St....they are gonna get blown away by Texas......I'd be a little worried if I were a USC fan.....
Good call.. if Texas gets points in the betting of the game ( and I'm certain they will) I'd bet heavy on Texas..
The middle of thier D was getting expoited all night, and the secondary was making really bad mistakes. Texas will crush them if they play like that because they have enough talent on the defensive side of the ball to force USC to punt occasionally.
Good call.. if Texas gets points in the betting of the game ( and I'm certain they will) I'd bet heavy on Texas..
I think I saw an early line with Texas +6.5
I think I saw an early line with Texas +6.5
Yeah, that was the early line.I'm still picking Texas to win. USC's defense isn't strong enough to handle Texas's incredible offensive line, running game, and Vince Young. USC's offense will score some; however, as we've learned from ND and Fresno, without big time 50 and 60 yard TD runs by Reggie Bush, USC loses a close one. Texas's linebackers and secondary are smarter and faster, and while they'll still give up plenty of yards, they'll be good enough to turn a 50 yard TD run to a 10 yard run. They're just 1 step faster.

unless USC somehow gets better on defense...I think Texas could seriously beat them by 21...at least. USC can't stop anyone right now and, I'm sorry, but USC ain't scoring more than 35 against Texas, and I'm not even sure about that much. Yeah, Reggie Bush looks great against Fresno St. and Pac-10 teams that don't really have much of a defense, but he ain't gonna single-handedly dominate Texas' D. Not to say he will be "shut down," he is a great player, but Texas ain't gonna let him run all over them all game. My prediction right now: Texas 49, USC 27

Texas v USC is going to be a war, but USC fans need to wake up and realize Texas can and will whoop their ass if USC keeps playing like that
Exactly.They were exposed Saturday for the team that they CAN be.But still. If Reggie Bush has another 400+ yard performance, I'm not sure there is anything Texas can do to beat them.
Texas v USC is going to be a war, but USC fans need to wake up and realize Texas can and will whoop their ass if USC keeps playing like that
Exactly.They were exposed Saturday for the team that they CAN be.But still. If Reggie Bush has another 400+ yard performance, I'm not sure there is anything Texas can do to beat them.
uhh...no, this doesn't make sense. Reggie Bush had that performance and they only beat Fresno St. b/c the Fresno St. QB threw four gift interceptions in the game. Three of those interceptions were thrown right at a USC defender, they were HORRIBLE interceptions that Vince Young would not throw. (and yes, I did watch the game...). USC couldn't not stop Fresno St. at all, the only reason USC won is because Fresno St. stopped themselves on offense a few times too much. USC is gonna need a big performance from Bush AND a big performance from the 'D' to beat Texas, and I don't see that happening. Enjoy your reign while it lasts, USC fans, it is going to come crashing down hard in the Rose Bowl. Texas is going to rout USC unless they find some answers on 'D' quickly. Also, don't think USC is just gonna score points at will on Texas like they do against the softie Pac-10 defenses or Fresno St. (whose 'D' isn't that good)...Texas can play some pretty solid defense.
uhh...no, this doesn't make sense. Reggie Bush had that performance and they only beat Fresno St. b/c the Fresno St. QB threw four gift interceptions in the game. Three of those interceptions were thrown right at a USC defender, they were HORRIBLE interceptions that Vince Young would not throw. (and yes, I did watch the game...). USC couldn't not stop Fresno St. at all, the only reason USC won is because Fresno St. stopped themselves on offense a few times too much. USC is gonna need a big performance from Bush AND a big performance from the 'D' to beat Texas, and I don't see that happening. Enjoy your reign while it lasts, USC fans, it is going to come crashing down hard in the Rose Bowl. Texas is going to rout USC unless they find some answers on 'D' quickly. Also, don't think USC is just gonna score points at will on Texas like they do against the softie Pac-10 defenses or Fresno St. (whose 'D' isn't that good)...Texas can play some pretty solid defense.
I'm not a USC fan at all. That's just my opinion.I'm an Ohio State fan, and we SHOULD have beaten Texas the same way that Fresno should have beaten USC.
I'm not a USC fan at all. That's just my opinion.I'm an Ohio State fan, and we SHOULD have beaten Texas the same way that Fresno should have beaten USC.
Ohio St should have lost to Michigan, damn qb's who can scramble...