i think i'm done with party poker

After about 3 months of play on Party poker I am sitting here with my original deposit. Thats it! I'm not going to sit here and say that I'm a great player that should be making thousands a month but I do feel that I have more knowledge than most of the players at the lower limits. At first I thought it was just because I was playing low limit holdem (.50-1.00) where its hard to drive out the idiots holding out for a runner runner flush. But this weekend I have probably lost close to $60 playing $5+1 NLH sng's. It seems there is no skill at this level what so ever and its a complete crapshoot as to who wins and why. Does anyone else get this frustrated trying to build a bankroll large enough to get out of these levels?I have heard that Poker stars has more solid play in their sng's and that it is not all push-in and flip a coin.Just venting after a horrible weekend.Oh yeah, and for some reason, it seems like the amount of good cards that I get dealt to me in a tournament is way more than what I get dealt to me at a cash game table. I'm pretty sure Party poker doesn't have it in for me but man does it feel like it some days.

amarillotg, this is a common topic. There are three things to consider:1) Poker is long-term, not a quick easy path to riches - you can go through some bad patches of twisted cards.2) When running bad, and for such an extended period, it's good to look at your own play and be sure that you've not dropped your standard - assuming it is good enough. Improvement is always desirable anyway.3) Party has the loosest play and should be quite profiitable. Running to another site is not always the answer - although in the case of the STT's, maybe that's a good idea because PokerStars will have a better format than Party.

I play mostly limit ring games but I had the same experience a Party Poker. Just too many bad beats and I couldn't take it anymore. So, I switched to Pacific and 9 months later I'm up big and still making 1.7 BB/hour.

the tournaments honestly piss me off. the ring games are fine, when you get knocked out of big tournaments on the worst suckouts possible, it ticks you off, especially if you've played a long time and in good shape. That's why I don't play tournaments anymore unless it's a big one that's worthwhile, I just can't stand wasting 4 or 5 hrs and getting so close to the money, get sucked out on and making squat. I've had my AA called by 22 for my opponent to hit a set on the river to beat me in a big tournament when it was very close to the money. Personally, I find the tournaments to be crapshoots as well, because you will get called down sometimes when you just want to take the pot and opponents just seem to hit their miracle cards in tournament play.

1) If your gonna play the SnG's on Party I would suggest playing the $10 tables. The rake is the same as the $5 tables ($1) and the play is pretty much the same.2) I usually finish ITM around %50 of the time. I play extremely tight for the first few rounds (only premium hands) and I'll pitch it if there's any kind of a large bet plus a draw on the board. By playing tight you can watch the other players to see how good they really are. Plus by the later rounds most of the bad players will be knocked out and you should have a fairly decent read on the rest.It seems to work for me.Duff