switching up your game

So I'm grinding out at the .50/1 LHE tables right now, and needless to say it's down right daunting at times. Especially when the cards aren't falling your way.So I switched up my game a little today since the last two or three sessions I've played I was running real cold decked. Started playing the .15/.25 NLHE tables.Well I made about $50 bucks real quick, lol. Horrible players. I would consider myself equally as good at both NLHE and LHE at this level. I've played a lot of hands in both enviorments so I can beat them easily. So I'm just wondering if I should/shouldn't be doing this. I am trying to build a BR to make a living on the 3/6 LHE tables.What did some of you do to build your BR? Do you ever switch it up a little?

I have been playing 6max LHE from a 100 dollar deposit about 1 month ago, I only play about 1 hour a day because I work 9-6 and have a live in GF but since then I have built my roll playing .50-1 and then 1-2 when I reached $700...I know...a little late I just wanted some padding, I am currently at $920, working up to 1200 for my next jump...hoping to get to 10-20...anyways...my original point is that I am a NL convert, I miss all of the action in NL but I find that 6max satisfies all of my poker desires....that might be a good change for you...

That is awesome. Good work so far, and good luck. Don't go on tilt or cheat your BR! Yeah I put in $90 a week and a half ago and I'm up to $370.. Trying so hard to get it to $600 so I can start playing the $1/$2 tables..
that's another thing I was going to tell you...with that $370 you shouldn't be playing .15/25 NL...I know it sounds ridiculous but you should have roughly $500...good job on the win though

Eh. NL BR estimates range quite a bit: 10-30 max buy-ins. $250 can be enough for .10/.25 NL if you feel confident...and are willing to drop down to .05/.10 NL if you hit a bad run.I play .50/1 NL on a roll of $1,200 and it works for me. If I drop to $800, I drop down to .25/.50 NL.

Eh. NL BR estimates range quite a bit: 10-30 max buy-ins. $250 can be enough for .10/.25 NL if you feel confident...and are willing to drop down to .05/.10 NL if you hit a bad run.I play .50/1 NL on a roll of $1,200 and it works for me. If I drop to $800, I drop down to .25/.50 NL.
I am just using the guidelines on 2+2...basically 200 Big Blinds....EDIT: 2000 Big Blinds

i think everyone needs to learn to play different games.what happens when Texas Hold'em goes the way of 5 card draw? You're going to have to start beating up the other games.Also, a lot of the big and juicy games are mixed games.