when to move in your short stack.

i think Daniel may have answered my question in his last article with a quote from super systems, but i will ask the question any way.lets say you are in the button with about 5 times the blind with cards that you mite consider moving with. in my opinion you only have two plays move in or call. let me explain. The pot has 1.5 big bets (S &B/B) and anties that add up to about 3.5 bets tottal. and you have made a dicision to commit the rest of your chips to this hand.Do you just call preflop and move in on the flop and hope to represent the best hand and take it down? Do you move in preflop and hope to take it down or get called and then leave it up to the poker gods?i've found that specially in small buy in terny's (say under $500) you tend to always get a some one calling you that really shouldn't have called when i move in preflop.if i have desided that i am going to put all my chips into this had (preflop). i am moving more towards just calling and them movin gin the rest of my chips on the flop. even if the pot is laying the right odds to the player to call. what do u think?

If you only have 5 big blinds you have to get it in preflop and gamble. That's all there is to it. Limping is out of the question, and downright stupid if you ask me.
Turd is right. Read HoH Vol. 2. You should be evaluating your stack size the whole time, and should make a move well before you get to 5X BB.
Hi. Read Harrington Vol 2. It will answer all your questions, sugar.
Your such a helpful little lass. Why haven't we chatted lately?
Because school is raping me in the ass! Its only the second week but I have like 10 assignments due each week! Plus, as it now occupies my asshole, there is no vacancy for you anymore. That's okay though, we both know you prefer male ones over mine?
If you only have 5 big blinds you have to get it in preflop and gamble. That's all there is to it. Limping is out of the question, and downright stupid if you ask me.
Turd is right. Read HoH Vol. 2. You should be evaluating your stack size the whole time, and should make a move well before you get to 5X BB.
That's Mr. Ferguson to you sir.
Because school is raping me in the ass! Its only the second week but I have like 10 assignments due each week! Plus, as it now occupies my asshole, there is no vacancy for you anymore. That's okay though, we both know you prefer male ones over mine?
School schmool. I think it's you just don't love me anymore. I will now cry myself to sleep every night.
School schmool. I think it's you just don't love me anymore. I will now cry myself to sleep every night.
How could I when you were so publicly cheating on me behind my back with Royal!! :snooty: :cry: :cry: :cry:
How could I when you were so publicly cheating on me behind my back with Royal!! :snooty: :cry: :cry: :cry:
And how do you think it makes me feel to see you taking up with Smash? Hmm. Avatar sharing and whatnot. I was made a fool of. Well at least I didn't get you that green card yet. It's gonna take some serious "makin up" to heal these wounds. Besides, I only fuck Royal so I can use his poker table. Did you see that thing? Top notch. Gives rug burns though.

Harrington 2 is great.Basically you have to move all in when you still have a big enough stack so that by calling it will still hurt the other players. If you wait until you are too small then you loose all of the vig that comes with an all in move. The best time is when you have good position and no one has put in a bet before you. Harrington calls that first in vigorish. At that point you can go in with almost anything.