questions about rake back programs

I have finally reached the point in my poker career where I am crushing small stakes hold em games and as I continue to build my bankroll toward playing the $3/$6 tables and am playing for hours a day I have realized how profitable it can be to be involved in a rake back program. But unfortunately I don't know shit about them. So can anyone who knows a thing or two about rake back programs please explain a few things to me? Generally I would like to know what the best rake back programs to be involved in for Party Poker or Empire Poker are and also are these rake back programs trusted? I seem to keep finding a lot of Rake Back sites that claim that they really do pay rakes back, which scares me because they wouldn't have to say that if there weren't a lot of frauds out there. I want to be sure if I sign up with one of these sites I will get paid. Also if anyone can explain to me how these programs even exist that would be awesome. These online poker sites make their money by the rake, why would they allow a company to give me some of it back? And is it possible to be involved in a rake back program on party poker? I read that they don't like rake back programs, but that is where I ultimately want to end up playing. As you all can see I'm very confused about these programs, so thank you in advance for clearing up my questions and please be specific.

gamesgrid is just starting out and is offering all there players 33% cashback and a huge bonus. only prob is the shortage of players right now where its new. Generaly a .25/.50 nl and 1/2nl game going though. If u go there let me get props ..csabo17 Other sites like pokersourceonline.com offers different promotions and rakeback on killer sites like UB. Its also legit, ive done a few offers form them and also get rakeback at UB...kidsabo17 f you go to pokersource to get it please.