last concert you went to

System of a Down. Saw them play in Hampton, VA. It was the lead singer's birthday. Fucking amazing. Their set was about two hours long. Wow.  The venue though? Worst.venue.ever.
Did Mars Volta open up for them? If so, how were they?
Opeth....drove 400 miles to see them.Upcoming shows:  Nine Inch Nails with Queens of the Stone AgePresidents of the USADanzig (with a semi-Misfits reunion)Les ClaypoolPorcupine TreeOpeth  Bloodhound GangI probably won't hit them all, but I'm going to do my best.
My first concert was Nine Inch Nails w/ Marilyn Manson (back before he wore prosthetic suits and make-up) right after The Downward Spiral came out. Nine Inch Nails were incredible. Have you seen them before?Presidents of the USA are touring? I loved that band....millions of peaches....Claypool is also great if you've never seen him.....is he touring with one of his jam bands?

Chilli Peppers, Weezer, and The Adolescents on Vegas' 100th B-Day. Stupid little Weezer kids booed the Adolescents. They closed their set with Kids From the Black Hole and some kid says "Oh god, they saved the most annoying song for last." I wanted to kick him in the head. But the show was great.

Opeth....drove 400 miles to see them.Upcoming shows:  Nine Inch Nails with Queens of the Stone AgePresidents of the USADanzig (with a semi-Misfits reunion)Les ClaypoolPorcupine TreeOpeth  Bloodhound GangI probably won't hit them all, but I'm going to do my best.
My first concert was Nine Inch Nails w/ Marilyn Manson (back before he wore prosthetic suits and make-up) right after The Downward Spiral came out. Nine Inch Nails were incredible. Have you seen them before?Presidents of the USA are touring? I loved that band....millions of peaches....Claypool is also great if you've never seen him.....is he touring with one of his jam bands?
I saw Nine Inch Nails a couple summers ago with A Perfect Circle. It was before Mer de Noms had come out so I didn't know any of their songs and I don't think they had jelled yet as a band. Nine Inch Nails of course was top notch...certainly worth seeing again even if I haven't come around on their latest album yet.I'm excited to see the Presidents. Their first album is the defining album of like 1996 or whatever for me and many of my friends...not necessarily the best but the one most tied to the time. Though I don't think many people have heard any of their later stuff, I enjoy it and I can't see how this show won't be awesome. It's going to be cheap, fun, and memorable.I've seen Claypool a few times...twice with Primus and once with the Frog Brigade. The Frog Brigade show was best, mostly because it was in a small venue and they had more material to work with. The Primus shows were a little disappointing because one time it was part of a festival so they only had 40 minutes to play and the second time they only played from three of their albums (though all of Frizzle Fry, my personal favorite) and had crappy acoustics. The Frog Brigade started by playing Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and went straight into With a Little Help from my Friends. At the time I didn't know they were planning to cover all of Pink Floyd's Animals for an upcoming album, so I nearly crapped myself when they played Pigs (Three Different Ones), which is possibly my favorite song ever.

I just saw Motley Crue this past weekend, it wasnt too great actually. Was really awkward when Tommy Lee grabbed a video camera that was hooked up to the large projection screens and called it the "titty cam" and started filming the audience. At least a dozen or 2 girls flashed their boobs and there I sat with my wife and I had to be like "this is soooooo stupid" "can you believe this garbage?" :twisted:

Did Mars Volta open up for them? If so, how were they?
I'm glad you asked this. Mars Volta did open. I had never heard them before. They started playing and I thought they were so entirely bad ass. I mean, soooooooo high energy. The lead guitarist? Amazing. He played a few solos to start, and they were great. Their set was about two hours long, and about.......20, 30 minutes of that was guitar solo. at one point the rest of the band took a 10 minute break while the guitarist played. It got to be a little much. Overall? I'd say good; but cut down the solos. Bad Acid Trip opened for them. Terrible.