Ok here is the scenario.Your in a MTT with average chip stack 400 players left1-99 get paid.. blinds are 100-200This is the point where every starts tightening up like mad, and it either fold or all in. People start waiting a good time for their cards and they can't just call for fear of the big blind sucking out on them.How do you take advantage of this period.

Ive never seen a point in a tourney where everyone either just folds or goes all-in. That is what people with shortstacks do, but people with average stacks usually try to get the maximum value out of their hands.

Ive never seen a point in a tourney where everyone either just folds or goes all-in. That is what people with shortstacks do, but people with average stacks usually try to get the maximum value out of their hands.
you don't play to many online MTTs do you?and if you do where do you play?
Agreed.Like the time some moron kept doing it and I woke up to KK in the BB. He flips AJo and caught the Ace. I eventually busted him. Justice. Just wanted to share that. It is a frequent occurence. If I have a good hand, I'll call. I play those things to win. A minor cash is ony 4 dollars profit anyway. So I go for it with anything bigger thana medium pair or AQ and above. Perfect way to set yourself up for later. If the player is habitual that is.

Ultimate bet. I see people go all-in on blind steals but I don't see very many tourneys where the only options are to go all-in or fold. What site are you playing? And no I play maybe one or two a week because I prefer cash games. I've 1 at UB and one at Pokerrom and made a few final tables, still never seen a situatuon where everyone is going all in or folding every hand.

Agreed.Like the time some moron kept doing it and I woke up to KK in the BB. He flips AJo and caught the Ace. I eventually busted him. Justice. Just wanted to share that. It is a frequent occurence. If I have a good hand, I'll call. I play those things to win. A minor cash is ony 4 dollars profit anyway. So I go for it with anything bigger thana medium pair or AQ and above. Perfect way to set yourself up for later. If the player is habitual that is.
I wasn't saying that noone does that, just not that everyone does it. Yeah I see those idiots that think the only way to blind steal is to push all-in and then sometimes you get a hand and can break them, however there are still people that you can play with and put in decent bets and accumulate chips.
Your in a MTT with average chip stack 400 players left1-99 get paid.. This is the point where every starts tightening up like mad, and it either fold or all in.
As of late, I've been playing a lot more MTTs, and this is not the scenario I have been witnessing. Tightning up with 400 players left and 100 get paid?? My experience has been that it starts to tighten up when you are 25 or 30 people from the money, not 300. I cashed in 4 consecutive MTTs on Pacific last week (fields of 734, 879, 550, and 987). My best finish being 4th. It was amazing how the flow of the tournament was so damn consistent every time. And that flow did not involve people tightning up 300 spots out of the money.
What is it with all the constructive, thoughtful and helpful responses today? It's very disorienting.

sorry Idaho, I'll try to be "normal"OK, I back off my agreeance with Tritz. I don't think everybody does it but it is done more than it should be. How's that.Idaho, just as a heads up, one of these days, I'm going to post as Chris and do and write everything the opposite of Ron Mexico. Maybe tomorrow. It will be wierd.

sorry Idaho, I'll try to be "normal"OK, I back off my agreeance with Tritz. I don't think everybody does it but it is done more than it should be. How's that.Idaho, just as a heads up, one of these days, I'm going to post as Chris and do and write everything the opposite of Ron Mexico. Maybe tomorrow. It will be wierd.
I like weird. Something to look forward to.
Ok here is the scenario.Your in a MTT with average chip stack 400 players left1-99 get paid.. blinds are 100-200This is the point where every starts tightening up like mad, and it either fold or all in. People start waiting a good time for their cards and they can't just call for fear of the big blind sucking out on them.How do you take advantage of this period.
Make sure you know what is coming on the flop with Tritz's special program.

Tritz, I dont really agree with you on that. you have to wait until its liek 25-30 ppl to the money before you can see really tight game on PS. Also we play to win right. with avg. stack avoid bigger stacks unless u have monsters and pick on the small and avg. stack. Just make sure your opponet have the decision to make not you.

I don't see a scenario where people tighten up like mad within 300 of the money. However, I do what I always do, use position to steal and try to make some hands here and there. Mix it up here and there stealing out of position and pull off a bluff or 2- I have a rule- in the case that I am running card dead I need to steal 2 times every thirty hands- just enough to stay alive and not be to far down in chips. Once I make score or 2 that number goes up to 5 or 6- I want to be aggressive preflop about 20% of the hands played once I am a big stack, no matter what I am holding. As my image gets the table angry when they can't see flops, I ramp it up even more- hopefully I will deliver a bad beat in there. Meaning, I raise with 7-10 suited, BB goes all in, I am priced in and call, BB has A-K, I catch a 10. When this happens the table really gets worried- not only am I playing well, I am getting lucky. People fear that. Use it against them. As Gump would say, " That is all I have to say about that. "
Make sure you know what is coming on the flop with Tritz's special program.
Absolutely. Buy that program. You will be a menace. :club: