beatles overrated???

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This really is great material, thankyou for making me laugh.As for this, this debate. I don't think the op's subject header and poll tabs quite reflect what you're all talking about. Do I personally choose the Beatles to be my favorite band? No, but do I change the station when I hear them on the radio? Again no, I turn em' up. Seeing enough live bands play in my life all the way from garage bands to Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, Metallica, Megadeth (Just the other night) Queens of the Stoneage and yes AC/DC,,,,,,,,, I could go on for quite awhile but I can honestly say that just listening to music, all types of music gives you an apreciation for all other types of music. I do like the Beatles, the lerics, the chords the melodies but I havn't gone out of my way to buy an anthology or let alone an album. But I even enjoy listening to Johnny Cash or even Punjabi Drums, so what do I know.As for the beatles being over-rated? To a certain degree I do feel that Paul is good at marketing hype which does make the Beatles overrated, but then compared to what? Janet Jackson? That Bi-atch flashes a tittie and her album goes #1 at release. I think the word over-rated is over-rated, it's totally subjective to the general sense. To the OP: To argue and seem agitated because you want people to know that you don't like the Beatles sound but preffer listening to the AC/DC sound or whomever, seems rather juvenile. I've read this whole thread though and you made your point clear to me from fairly early on, arguing about other people's legitimate opinions seems moot in point. It's not like they were trashing your music and calling you an idiot. Open your eyes and don't be so,, AngryPeace Dude,AL

no, i was saying I didn't like the beatles that much for the entire thread, and others were telling me that my opinion doesn't matter because my opinion isn't based on anything "solid" or "concrete" or anything like that. Also, someone called me a "musical idiot" because I said i didn't like their music. That is juvenille, not me repeating my position over and over and over and over and over and over.

KowboyKoop, you have to realize that not liking a band and calling them overrated are two different things. Obviously saying that a band like The Beatles is overrated would cause a bit of a reaction. Did you expect anything less?

no, i was saying I didn't like the beatles that much for the entire thread, and others were telling me that my opinion doesn't matter because my opinion isn't based on anything "solid" or "concrete" or anything like that. Also, someone called me a "musical idiot" because I said i didn't like their music. That is juvenille, not me repeating my position over and over and over and over and over and over.
right. you started this thread. you didn't actually expect everyone to agree with you, did you?
I am a little "testy" because I have said the exact same thing for about 9 posts now, that I don't like the beatle's music that much and therefore I think they are overrated in terms of their music....a ton of people think they are the greatest band ever, i don't think they are that good, SIMPLE AS THAT!!!!!!!!!!! Yet you keep on responding saying that I don't have a good reason that I don't like them and that my "opinion is invalid" because I don't have some kind of scientific explanation!?!?!??! What reason do I need to not like them?????Why don't you give me a detailed, scientific answer as to why you don't like AC DC as much as the Beatles. I want a long, detailed response comparing the two bands, in terms of lyrics, music composition, ALL of their influences, ALL of the bands they may have influenced themselves, and their motives for every single song they have ever ever written...sound like a bit much????? I said i don't like them, there is nothing else to say about it. Let me make it clearer for your feeble mind, since you seem to have a problem understanding that some people have different opinions-I DO NOT LIKE THE BEATLES MUSIC-I, THE ORIGINAL POSTER, AM NOT THAT FOND OF THE BEATLES MUSIC-I DO NOT LIKE LISTENING TO THE BEATLES MUSIC-I DO NOT LIKE HEARING THE BEATLES MUSIC -THE PERSON WRITING THIS POST, AT THIS VERY MOMENT, DOES NOT ---LIKE THE BEATLES MUSIC AT ALL-WHEN I, THE ORIGINAL POSTER, HEAR THE BEATLES MUSIC, I OFTEN ---THINK TO MYSELF, "MAN, I DON'T LIKE THIS VERY MUCH, WHY DOES -----EVERYONE ELSE LIKE THIS SO MUCH, I THINK THEY ARE A BIT OVERRATED"-IN MY OPINION, THE BEATLES MUSIC IS NOT AS GOOD AS A LOT OF OTHER BANDS THAT I LIKE
You obviously expected (and wanted) a reaction to your post. Why would you come in here to proclaim your dislike for something? Maybe I will start a thread regarding my dislike for cheesecake and how I think it is overrated. The bottom line is your opinion does matter, but only to you. I really don't care if you prefer to dance around your living room in a pink leotard while listening to the the new Modest Mouse jam mix of Bjork and Portishead. Really! Enjoy yourself! Are you one of those people that chooses to dislike things because they are popular? I'm just wondering, because you seem more interested in the argument than the message.You don't like The Beatles music. Okay, congratulations. Change the station when they come on the radio and don't buy their CDs.For such a supposedly overrated band they've certainly captivated you in some strange "I hate them, let's discuss" sort of way.You are the walrus!