give me some good advice everyone

I have to agree to with many posters. Relax and play your normal game.This may sound silly, but try playing some on-line hands like it were live. ie be aware of how you are acting even though no one can see you.If your cheeks go blood red when bluffing thats not an on-line issue, but a massive live one.However, maybe its better I leave the poker advice to the more experienced amongst the forum, I can however, offer some travel advice.I have been to Denmark. (Copenhagne) on a pre season tour with my football team (Soccer) a few years ago. I went for my first drink with a friend in the main square. 18 years for alcohol BTW. I ordered a pint of lager and a pint of guiness. It cost almost £9 for two beers. Now in $ thats $16. Everything is very expensive.Public transport is fantastic and the train to most places is always the best option.I have a number of friends in Copenhagen too. So just send a PM to me if you are mega stuck with something and we'll get it sorted for you.Take time out if you can to soak up some of the culture. Birth place of Hans Christian Anderson. Great boat tours and a fantastic city. Reccommend the John Bull Pub next to the Mermaid Hotel off the main square. Tivoli Gardens is also a good shout too.Are your expenses paid for this too ie flight, hotel, food etc?I will find a link to my copenhagen pictures and post it for you and any other forum members interested in taking a look!
thank you very much, i appreciate it. those are nice pictures =). and yes they gave me $1000 for travel expenses and i get 3 nights in a luxury hotel. leaving really really early thursday morning, i cant wait!
Buy a Hello Kitty card protector and talk to it.I'm telling you man, you'll win the psychological battle instatnly.
where can i get one with sunglasses and a cigar in its mouth.

Speaking of sunglasses -- bring a pair, a dark pair, never take them off. Also wear a hat with a visor. Bring some sort of weight to keep over your cards -- you can use a chip too but you might look like more of a veteran if you have your own. Don't chat it up -- arrive at your table just before the hands start. Learn how to bet with chips. Not just how to handle them in your hands and throw out bets, but also remember that you don't have the conveniences of on-line (where the buttons auto-adjust to give you the correct betting amounts).As far as tells go, in general, weak is strong and strong is weak. Finally: know the structure of the tournament... how long is each round, what are the blinds, how many places are paid, etc. And then come in with a general strategy based on that structure and your experience playing on-line.Oh yeah, and bring home some $$ and stories! :-)

thats pretty interesting, smashCould you explain a little more what you mean?What types of reactions do you look for and how do those reactions influence you decision. I understand the whole concept of doing it, i'd just like to know what kinds of things you zone in on.

To be honest, I mainly didn't want you to be accused of string betting :)A lot of players will look frustrated just for a second when you raise when they don't want you to. I'd drop the hammer on them if I was going to raise anyway.Keep in mind, though, that I'm not a big believer in body tells at all. So it'd be one factor of 100 as to why I was actually raising at then end of the day.

To be honest, I mainly didn't want you to be accused of string betting :)A lot of players will look frustrated just for a second when you raise when they don't want you to. I'd drop the hammer on them if I was going to raise anyway.Keep in mind, though, that I'm not a big believer in body tells at all. So it'd be one factor of 100 as to why I was actually raising at then end of the day.
seriously i want a hello kitty weight. one just like that in your pic. thats pimp. ill look like a seasoned veteran with that.

seriously i want a hello kitty weight. one just like that in your pic. thats pimp. ill look like a seasoned veteran with that.Indeed.As well as insane. No one wants to get knocked out by the lunatic.Well, it's Demark, I guess, so you might fit right in actually.

Hey GT my friend was just in a similar situation.. although it was only into a 500 dollar buy-in he got into it through a 20 dollar tournament... What we did for him was find out the blind/ante structure... and got as many guys as we could and did mini tournaments 2 tables was the most we had so we toyed around, sometimes starting with all the chips you'd start with at that time... somtimes starting at minimum and going... it just helped knowing the exact structure and playing it a few times... that couldn't hurt you at all.