hand for analysis......nl sng

First off......is anyone else having trouble converting hands from party? NL Texas Hold'em $10 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee Seat 2 is the buttonTotal number of players : 8 Seat 5: Grip67 ( $915 )Seat 9: Annezh ( $830 )Seat 6: asteron ( $1360 )Seat 2: primett21 ( $1000 )Seat 3: HERO ( $1030 )Seat 10: smartyj23 ( $1360 )Seat 1: TwoThree04 ( $390 )Seat 8: mikeabarca1 ( $1115 )Blinds(15/30)** Dealing down cards **Dealt to HERO [ Jh Jd ]4 Folds. TwoThree04 calls [30]. 1 Fold HERO raises [75]. 1 Fold TwoThree04 calls [60].** Dealing Flop ** [ Ac, 5h, 2d ]HERO bets [150].Do I bet this Flop? Or is checking the right play?TwoThree04 calls [150].** Dealing Turn ** [ 9c ]HERO checks.After he called my bet I put him on an Ace.TwoThree04 is all-In [150]HERO folds.Is this an easy fold? (Folding Leaves me with just under $800 while calling puts me closer to $650)Any insight, suggestions, criticism are appreciated.

any prior reads on the villain here?assuming we don't have any reads, i'd say neither play is terrible, though i'd lean toward fold myself, as the difference between 800 and 650 in chips that early is somewhere between not-a-big-deal and kind-of-but-not-really-important, and safety first is always a good motto in the low-buyin sngs.if you have any intimation that he's an idiot (like, maybe, his stack size already?), then i'd lean toward calling.EDIT: as for flop play, the 150 bet is kind of bad, since it puts you in this difficult situation on the turn/river when you don't hit. remember: he's only got 150 left if he calls that. i'd say you're better off making more of a move on the flop to either get yourself all the way committed (all in on flop=not retarded), or leave yourself more room to get out (bet like 100-125) so that the decision's not so hard to call off the last 150. this decision is difficult because your turn check screams (TT! JJ! 99!) no ace, and he might be trying to push you off, which is why prior reads would be very important here.

No reads on villian.......i gotta stop playing and working at the same time.I like the idea of betting less on the flop. What about checking the flop? Any merits to it, or is it just the absolute worst choice considering I was the preflop raiser?

No reads on villian.......i gotta stop playing and working at the same time.I like the idea of betting less on the flop. What about checking the flop? Any merits to it, or is it just the absolute worst choice considering I was the preflop raiser?
checking flop is kinda weird/bad. he'll probably just bet out at the turn (i would, with any two cards, if you did that), and you'll be in an even tougher situation. if i were you, i would have bet 100 at the flop, checked behind on the turn, and probably folded if he pushed the river.and yes, no playing/working at the same time. :-)

There's 660 in the pot and it's 150 to you.Short stack is desperate and could be pushing on any sign of weakness. He could have an A but there's a good chance that your jacks are good.With those pot odds, I'm calling.Your bet post-flop of 150 into a 195 pot with only one overcard hitting the flop was fine also. It does pot commit you but with the opponent being so short stacked, there's not much you can do about it.

There's 660 in the pot and it's 150 to you.Short stack is desperate and could be pushing on any sign of weakness. He could have an A but there's a good chance that your jacks are good.With those pot odds, I'm calling.Your bet post-flop of 150 into a 195 pot with only one overcard hitting the flop was fine also. It does pot commit you but with the opponent being so short stacked, there's not much you can do about it.
if you're thinking that his call of the 150 bet on the flop commits you to call the all in on the river, isn't the best play to push the flop to try to get him off a weak ace? if you're not leaving yourself the possibililty of folding to the river bet, then in my book there is no reason not to push the flop. none.
if you're thinking that his call of the 150 bet on the flop commits you to call the all in on the river, isn't the best play to push the flop to try to get him off a weak ace? if you're not leaving yourself the possibililty of folding to the river bet, then in my book there is no reason not to push the flop. none.
I don't think that a weak A folds here as if I'm short stacked like the other player, I'm not folding to a push if I hit my A. Why am I folding when I flopped exactly what I was hoping for?If he has an A, then I'm paying him off. I like the bet of 150 instead of the push because hands that I beat such as KQ or a lower PP may stick around and pay my jacks off. If two overcards to my J had hit the board, then I'm more apt to check/fold or bet/fold since it's more likely that my jacks are beat.

hehthis is just one terribly played hand all aroundfirst off, you should have raised more preflop, second you bet too much on the turn, 3rd you folded with what could have been the best hand easily (not much cost either).