baby steps with k-k (nl)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) converterUTG+1 ($3.10)MP1 ($13.50)MP2 ($48.05)CO ($7.90)Button ($10.70)SB ($32.80)BB ($32.85)econ_tim ($26.60)Preflop: econ_tim is UTG with [Ks], [Kh]. econ_tim raises to $1, SB calls $0.90, BB calls $0.75.Flop: ($4) [9h], [5h], [Ts] (4 players)SB bets $0.75 ...Final Pot: $11.50Testing the NL waters again. This table is passive preflop with most pots being unraised. And none of the players have shown enough donkishness for me to think about pushing preflop.So what do I bet on this flop?

i like the 4x preflop raise, good attempt to get action (as it clearly did).honestly i don't mind the pot-sized bet on the flop either. better to have everybody fold to your raise than to bet a small amount that entices your opponents to outdraw you on the turn or the river.it's like everybody says, high pocket pairs like kings/aces usually win a small pot and lose a big one. better to pad your stack w/this pot than to let your opponents draw to their 2 pair/trips/pair their ace or possibly even make their flush (though i honestly believe at these micro-limits, somebody with a flush draw would have stayed in to see if they could hit it on 4th st. after all they're not that big of a dog if you had the hand you represented [ie: an overpair]).so all in all i think it was played in a pretty standard and all-around good fashion.-RRS