calling for info (lhe)

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converterPreflop: econ_tim is SB with [Ah], [Kc]. UTG raises, UTG calls, CO calls.Flop: (10 SB) [3d], [5h], [3h] (3 players)econ_tim bets, econ_tim calls, UTG calls.Turn: (8 BB) [Jh] (3 players)econ_tim checks, UTG checks, CO bets, econ_tim calls, UTG folds.River: (10 BB) [4s] (2 players)econ_tim checks, CO bets, econ_tim calls.Final Pot: 12 BBThis is my second hand at table, so want to see what villain is betting with. I figure an unknown could raise flop with overs or multiple draws. But I'm thinking unless I have a good read I should call down here anyway getting 11 to 1.

I'd rather spend my 2 bucks at taco bell than call on the river here. I suppose you might be good 1 in 12 times, but if you're looking for info, just wait 25 hands and look at the wonder that is GameTime+. I put him on a pair of 7's.

The only time I can justify "calling for info" is if I have a hand similar to AK or bottom pair against someone who appears to be a maniac that hasn't shown down many hands. In that case you can get a better read on his betting line (while still having a chance at having the best hand). I'm not sure this is necessary against a random opponent when you first sit down. While you gain info in this situation (does he bet into flush draws, does he call two cold with a 3 in his hand etc.), you don't have much of a chance of winning this hand IMO. The information should present itself later, as bet it all said.

Even if you have 100, or 1000 hand histories on this player and a decent read using gametime+, what stats would make you want to call the river bet?if the player is loose-loose/aggressive, your still beat.if the player is tight/passive your still beat....etc...I know it's party poker and a 1/2 limit game, but no reason to throw away one big bet even if your getting 12/1 on your $. The sick thing is that CO has kqh, and you won the pot.right? right?If CO doesn't have kqh, then it wasn't me in this hand and i'm still going to wonder how i got called with ace high.