what would you do??

Playing an MTT recently I came across a couple of interesting situationss and wondered how others might have played the same hands.1. The VERY FIRST hand of the tournament, $1000 each in chips and blinds at 10/15. I'm in mid position and dealt AK diamonds. Action Folds round to the guy before me who minimum raises to 30. I make it 60 to go. 2 players call behind me and then the action folds back to the early raiser. He re-raises all in.I have absoluteley no read but my first thought is that he doesn't want a call. It's the first hand and nobody likes to be out first. Maybe he raised with a marginal hand and hopes to take the pot right there. What would you do?2. Mid way through the tournament and we're already into the money. I've been the chip leader at my table virtually the entire way and have a great table image. I've not lost a single hand at showdown and most of my raises and re-raises aren't getting called. The blinds are fairly high 250/500 and there's a fair bit of stealing going on. I'm dealt 99 on the button. Guy in mid position raises to 1000 and the action folds to me. I re-raise to 2000. Blinds both fold, mid position calls.The initial raiser has been playing a lot of hands and I have a chip lead over him of around 3:1. He's been caught bluffing once and has shown down a few weak hands.Flop comes JJ6 rainbow. He checks. My first thought is that he's probably missed the flop but the jacks are a worry. I'd like to take down the pot right there if I can so I make a bet which is roughly half his stack and should commit him to the pot. He thinks for a while and then calls and I'm pretty sure I'm ahead. Turn is a 3. He checks and I bet to put him all in. He calls instantly (uh oh) and turns over pocket 3's For the full boat. No 9 on the river and I've doubled him up!Should I have played it any differently?

First Hand- Fold. There is really no question about this, first hand of a tournament you should never be calling an all in with AKs, esp. with people behind you.Second Hand- Not much you can do. He hit a 2 outer, life goes on.

Hand 1...easy fold. He could be stealing with a weaker hand, but mostl likely you're no better than a coin flip, and you could be drawing to 3 outs or less. Hannd 2...not so bad. I dont like your re-raise here. If you're coming over the top, give him a tougher decision. I'd raise to 3k or so. If he folds his 1k to you, excellent, but a call is good too. From the flop, you played it fine though.

Hand 1. Actually, I would call so I can either double up my chips so I can push around very early and continue to build my stack, or I can leave early to continue my cash games. I think this is more like a coin-flip and I am not afraid of a coin-flip situation. It's just me, it doesn't fit for everyone.

Hand 1. Actually, I would  call so I can either double up my chips so I can push around very early and continue to build my stack, or I can leave early to continue my cash games. I think this is more like a coin-flip and I am not afraid of a coin-flip situation.  It's just me, it doesn't fit for everyone.
Depends on the buy in of the tourny, imo. I'd be willing to put in my whole stack on the first hand on AK on anything 30$ or less, b/c you see jackals go in with A 10 and 22 and such, on stars atleast. So I don't mind taking a potential coinflip to have a possible dominating holding over villian.

Hand 1 - I might actually call here. Here's what the all-in sees; you min-reraised him and then two other players just limp. This is the perfect opportunity for a push/steal with a reasonable hand. I doubt he has aces or kings, so you have a decent shot at building your stack up early. I would have reraised him up to at least 100 instead of min-raising by the way.Hand 2 - looks fine, he hit his two outer - nothing you can do about it. Pre-flop, I don't like the min-reraise again, but that's me.

Thanks all. The first hand was actually very interesting. The tourney was a $5 buy in so I decided to call in the hope of getting a big stack early.I called and both of the limpers after me called the all in!! 4 all ins pre-flop on the very first hand. Holy shiiit!First raiser turns over JJ, I of course have AKs, next has J8 spades (omg) and the third has KQo (omg).Ace hits the flop and I quadrouple up very first hand and cruise into the money! Despite this, I wasn't happy with my play and with a bigger buy in I'd have probably dumped it. I played supertight after this and picked my spots pretty well on the whole.As for tweedle dumb and tweedle dee behind me with their monster hands? The mind boggles, but I guess it happens a lot in low buy in tourneys...people push with weak hands and hope to get lucky with a big stack early on.

I've seen newer players move in w/any paint regardless of kicker.I don't know if these players totally understand they are moving in w/crap? Most actually think they are making the correct play.