car sound systems

I suggest getting one of these.http://www.wavescaraudio.com/htmls/products01.htm
an improved sound system with no sub is intriguing.. but no where on the site is there a price and it seems like it would be a hassle to get installed.
If you need your hand held go to a good audio install place, and ask quistions.If the guy who runs it is over 20 he likely knows his shit.

I buy all my car electronics from Crutchfield.com . They have reasonable wholesale prices, they're very patient with consumer questions, and they have a wide range of devices to fit different products.

Wholesale? Who are you kidding. Crutchfield, while very knowledgable (And if you don't normally do installs yourself, their phone support is worth every penny.) by no means sells at wholesale. In fact, rarely is anything sold below MSRP. Their sales are a joke. The only time you get a good discount there is either if something is disco'ed, in their outlet / scratch and dent, or if there is a manufacturer incentive (mail in rebate, gift card promo, etc..)That being said, I do buy from there sometimes. I know going in though I'm not getting the best price, but sometimes it's nice to get the whole package (i.e. if you buy a head unit, you get everything you need to hook it up included with it: wiring harness, antenna adaptor, mounting kit, etc..)