dcsports92gsr's fcp logo contest weekend

Much of what happened durring the weekend has already been told in a much better fassion than I could ever dream of trying to duplicate. Any important pictures have already been posted by other members, and most of the weekend has already been covered by the other reports. But I figured I'd jump in and give a trip report myself.this also turned out to be ALOT longer than I anticipated.Friday, July 29thMy flight left Lambert STL airport at 4:15PM and was scheduled to get in to Vegas at 5:45PM PST ( 2 hour time difference ). We took off about 5 minutes late, and after a turbulant final 45 minutes, landed in Las Vegas at 5:30PM Local time. After getting off the plane and trying to find my way arround, I picked up my baggage and gave Jeffgen a call and we met up by the pickup #3 or something. Yes, it is true. I smoked about 5 cigarettes in the 30 minutes we were waiting for Chris Lash and Sky to arrive to pick us up. Turbulance scares the SH*T out of me, and not having my *fix* in over 3 hours doesn't help :club:.Sky and Chris ended up picking us up at about 6:15 and we all ( Me, Jeffgen, his Wife and his friend, Kevin ) piled in to the Tahoe and off to the Wynn we went. I was truely suprised at how humid it was in Vegas. When I went at 14, you wouldn't even feel a drop of sweat in 115 weather. It almost felt as horrible as St. Louis. Chris almost pulled an off road stunt after some needling by the rest of us, but thought better of it, and we arrived at the Wynn at about 6:45 - 7:00 PM PST.Chris got us all checked in, and I was really jelous of Jeffgen, getting a room on the 53rd floor! HEY! I want one of those! :lol:I headed up to my room ( on the 16th floor :) :) ), and I am dead serious when i say this. The place is GORGEOUS! Absolutley stunning! EVERYTHING was done up so nicely, and the Plazma TV with the poker room wait list option didn't hurt either ;)I called up Jeff and we planned to meet for some dinner at about 7:15 - 7:30. We were gonna go to some Deli, but I got mixed up and ate someplace elde. I ended up meeting them at the Deli and at about 7:50 we headed off to the poker room. First impressions were. "wow"... simply stated, the room was spectacular. We headed up to the High Limit area, and Travis ( Daniel's Assistant ) informed me that it was cool if I played, since he was too :D Sock one for YEAH! I was so excited I was gonna have my shot at taking out Daniel! Untillllllll... I drew a different table than him :'(. Oh well, all for the best I assume, because I murdered the table I was at. Not to brag or talk "smack" ( :) ) like everyone says I do, but I was raising about 50% of the pots at that table, and had about 90% of the ante chips ( T$100 ) to prove it! Some Key Hands -Im in MP with AdKd and raise the 400-800 ( 100 ante ) blinds up to 2400, and Travis pushes in for a total of T$6,000. I had to call since I knew my table image projected I had any two, and I called still having about T$17,000 ( started with T$10,000 ). He showed AQ, and the first card off the deck was a QUEEN! No more manly love for you travis! NO MORE! I needled him for the rest of the weekend about that hand. :(Two hands later I had QQ in the big blind, and Sky who was UTG raised it to T$2,400. I knew that she was likley to call me with alot of hands I had smothered if I raised all in since she knew I was being really agressive, so I moved in on her and she called with QK off. No help to her and she was on the ropes with about $1,000 and I was up and running with about $T29,000. A few hands later we were down to 9 and off to the final table we went.Sky had managed to work her 1,000 all the way up to about 19,000 and I had managed to dwindle down to about T$17,000 and then this hand came up.I was on the button with AJo and made it $3,000 to go after it was folded to me ( I don't remember what the blinds / ante's were here ). Sky immediatley move in and had me covered. Big Blind folded, and I thought for a while, and folded the AJ face up. Sky had been playing fairly tight still and I thought she had noticed I had tightened up a little bit too so I couldn't see her making a move here with a hand that either didn't have me smoked, or a slight dog. She showed QJ s0000ted and the table needled me for about 10 hands on that one. I still stand that it was the correct fold. I would still have about T$14,000 left, and only had $T3,000 invested in the pot.I doubled up daniel when I raised with 88 in MP and he called ( he couldn't fully cover my raise ) in the BB with JJ. Then I ended up going out a few hands later with A9 v.s. AK. Governator went on to win it after getting aces like 100 times :lol:after that I hung around for a little while and decided... oh. DISCLAIMER!**IF you are an employee or contracted personell of the united states government, you are not allowed to read any farthur. and if you do, you can not use the descriptions or events of this report as any evidence against me!**not that that will help, but oh well.I decided to play some 8/16. After about 2 hours I was up 10 bets and decided I should probably go get some sleep for the next big day. I settled in to the ultra-comfy bed in my room and snoozed away.Saturday, July 30thI had my cell phone alarm set for "FCP: 10:45AM". I rolled out of my comfy bed, slipped in to a super comfortable robe and strolled over to the shower. Man, they don't skimp on ANYTHING in these rooms! The shower was GREAT! Im so used to Motel 6's and etc that this place made me feel like pure royaly.Me and Royal_Tour ( my roomie ) rolled down to the front of the Wynn at about 11:30 and chilled outside with the rest of the crew till about noon. When... wait... wtf? An excursion? what the hell daniel! YOU SAID A HUMMER! How DARE you insult us like this! :roll: :roll: j/k ;)We piled in, and Chadwick ( as we would soon find out to be a habit ) was late so we had to go circle around. When we came back he hopped in and off to Daniel's house we went. He had a nice little bachelor pad and the "WSOP 04" truck was just chillin in the driveway. Fukin 8) We all strolled in and the festivities began! Now, I personally think that I was the best choice for the LHE game v.s. Daniel, but Eric Rosenberg "guranteed" chadwick a win, and a 20/80 split. Well, he lost. So much for gurantees! :lol:We hung out for a little and so begins my losing streak. I challenged JasonBo's wife to a Head-up LHE freezout for $20 bucks, but Chris Lash wouldn't have it, so he put a c-note on teh table, and told us to play for it. SWEET! FREE MONEY! ... so i thought. I had her down to about 3 big blinds! ON THE FREEKIN ROPES! And what happens? Two black aces two hands in a row for her is what happened. She ended up coming back to win it. Sh*t! That hundred' was mine!!!! Give it back! :):x The other matches and the way they went can be found in the other posts. By now I had ... oh shit.*Again, if your a member of the government yadda... gtfo*By now I had had about 6 beers and was feelin pretty good. We headed over to Lindgrens house and it was not to dissapoint!This place was off the hook! Plazma screens everywhere, Computers everywhere... some day... I thought to myself. I'll have ALLLL of this! MuhahahahaBefore any of the matches began, I was outside... smoking of course and called my friend to brag about where I was. Then right as he asks "Dude, let me talk to daniel!" the man himself walked outside, so I couldn't dissapoint my friend. Daniel went on to berate him about playing QJ ( my buddy was playing cards :) ) and tell him I was an alchoholic... HEY! You were drinking just as much as me! OH NO DANIEL! THE SECRET IS OUT! YOUR AN ALCHOHOLIC!!!!!!!! More on that later! :naughty:Anyways, The billiards matches and HORSE went down... and daniel kept shooting from the point and making his shots and ended coming back from HORS to H to win the first match and ran over Jeffgen in the seccond. I think by now the score was FCP - 2 Daniel - 4Then In came Jennifer Harman and Marco Traniello. I was super excited as Jennifer has been one of my absolute favorite players for a long time. Mainly because my main game is LHE and as far as im concerned, shes amoungst the top 3 LHE players in the world. Super neat! I got her to sign the Ace of Hearts I brought with me, and she ended up kicking my ass in air hocky. hummmph. Not the last time shed kick my ass. More on that later ;)After chillin for a while, we all piled back in to the "excursion" ( sheesh... no hummer STILL! :D ) and headed back to Daniels for the final 2 matches. I went up to Jennifer and asked her how much longer she was planning on staying. She told me not too long and I said oh alright. She asked why, and I told her I wanted to play her head-up in an LHE Freezout. She said we couldn't play for nothing so I offered up for $100. She counter-offered for $20 ( shucks.. I really wanted to take a c-note from Jen! :D) and the match was on.I had absolutley no fear whatsoever going in to the match. I even tried to run her over! SHEESH! Who do I think I am! Its JENNIFER HARMAN for christ sake, and im sitting here raising, re-raising, check raising... We were about even for a while and then she got a heater and took the lead. It didn't help what she was winning extra bets with the best hands as well since she knew I would bet. I should have slowed down some.Key Hands -1) *The ALMOST bluffed Jennifer Harman hand*I was on the button with 7-8os and brought it in for a raise which jen called. Flop came out 6-9-A rainbow. Jen lead, and I decided I'd been raising her too much and wanted to try and get there for cheap. I just called and the turn brought a king. Jen bet again, and once again I called the bet. The river came another king and she kinda hesited for a moment before betting. I raised her and she went in to the tank. After a minute or so she called and showd A-10 and I mucked. We went on to discuss this hand later.2) *the i'm a donkey but not really*I had 5-5 on the button and raised it up. Jen called for a 3-4-5 all of diamond flop. she checked and so did I. Turn was the 6 of diamonds. She checked and so did I. River was non-diamond Q, she led and I called. She had the J of diamonds. We went on to discuss this hand and she told me I played it correctly because she would have bet the river with a hand like q-6.2) * the nail in teh coffin*I was low on chips in the big blind with 9-4 of hearts and Jen brought it in for a raise. I called and led out on a ragged flop with 2 hearts. She called. The turn brought another low heart, and I led again. She raised and I re-raised. She Re-Raised me and I was almost certain here I was beat but with 2 bets left I felt I really couldn't fold. I called and she bet my last 375 on the river ( limit was 200/400 ). She showed the A-10 of hearts. She admitted to running lucky, but no suprise here that she won. Sure I would have LOVED to have beaten her, but Im positive if we played 100 matches, shed AT LEAST win 60 of them. Good match Jen. Look forward to a rematch... hopefully sometime!After that little fiasco, Daniel and Chadwick went up for the NL Hold'em match and daniel took in the gold, leaving a final score of FCP - 2 DANIEL - 6. At least chadwick pocketed a cool grand from the ordeal!We hung out at Daniel's for a little bit and David Williams and Evelyn Ng stopped by. Chill people, and I got smoked by david in NBA Shootout. HEY! I think I got the station with the broken button! I want a re-match!:lol:After all the fun, we headed back to the Wynn for dinner at Wing Lei. I was the only one wearing a tie :'( Man did I feel weird. the dinner was absolutley amazing. TONS of wine, and... as you have no doubt heard, SAKE!!!!!! Ah hah! Told you you were an alchoholic daniel! Muhahah! And you told us all to keep our mouths shut! Well, no hummer? NO SECRETS!!! :):lol:nah, we all had a GREAT time. A waiter downed a full plate of Wusabi, Chadwick ate a whole plate of Egg plant... it was a magnificant dinner and a GREAT time. After dinner most of us went our own way for the rest of the trip. We said our good byes to daniel and headed about our business. I took a hot bath and decided to call it a night!Sunday, July 31stI ended up playing some 1/3 No-Limit with Royal_Tour. We both bought in for $300 and by the time we both left, we had about $700 or so. Juicy game to see the least. One of those games where you can come in with any two, because you know if you hit a monster, you will get paid off by somebody. Very fun!We checked out and I headed to the airport, hitched my flight that left at 7:05PM and arrived back in St. Louis at 12:30AM. Definatley a trip I will remember for the rest of my life. Thank you so much Daniel for giving me, and ALL of us that got the opportunity and weekend of a lifetime.- Ken aka "DC Smack"

You're so lucky you got to go...and people say whining and bitching doesnt get you anywhere, this got you to Vegas :club::D:D
Good story though. Thanks for writing it, but true what KingAustin said. lol

I though AQ was gold the way you were playin :club: and I thought I was a lock when you took 8 sec to call.The dealer put three cards face down on the table and tucked 2 under the top card. He did it REALLY SLOWLY on purpose to add drama. The only card showing was a queen hahahaha. Solid dealer that was.-Travis

I though AQ was gold the way you were playin :club: and I thought I was a lock when you took 8 sec to call.The dealer put three cards face down on the table and tucked 2 under the top card. He did it REALLY SLOWLY on purpose to add drama. The only card showing was a queen hahahaha. Solid dealer that was.-Travis
Yeah, I was FULLY aware of my table image, which is the whole reason I re-raised sky so much when I had queens. You had just been playing pretty tight and I thought, of course you could have a hand like AA or KK, but then again, it was like about another 4k to call in to an already 9k pot with a hand that would ( except for the two hands I mentioned ) be either a small dog, or even maybe a big favorite, like it turned out.Its alright though, I'm done needling you for that :D