announcing the rgp open (mtt series)

Okay,I'm going to use a modified version of the Toyota PotY formula (in keepingwith the WSOP spirit of the Open) as follows:Only the top 3 finishes will count toward the race (putting everyone onmore or less equal footing).Place:1st: 100 2nd: 80 3th: 70 4th: 60 5th: 55 6th: 50 7th: 45 8th: 40 9th: 35 10th: 3011th: 3012th: 2513th: 2514th: 2015th: 2016th: 1517th: 1518th: 1019th and below: 5Multipliers:In the money: x1.5Buyin:- $20 = x1.2- $30 = x1.3- $50 = x1.5- $100 = x2- $500 = x2.5Number of players:1-30: x130-50: x1.150-75: x1.275-100: x1.3100-150: x1.5150-250: x2250+: x2.5In other RGP Open news, expect an announcement today or tomorrow about the start of satellites to event #1.Also, check out the newly designed logos for the RGP Open:http://www.fellknight.com/rgp/logowhite.jpghttp://www.fellknight.com/rgp/logoblack.jpgand the Schedule/Advertisment (to be published):http://www.fellknight.com/rgp/page.pdf (BIG file, high res, not recommended for dialup)Fell

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dna4ever,can you shoot me an email at fellknight AT gmail DOT com with the details of how the Negreanu Open leaderboard is calculated? Thanks a bunch.Fell
I use the standard TLB points formula. The only thing I do different is give everyone who plays points versus only the top 15% finishers.Its a formula that modifies the points each person gets based on their placement in the tournmanet directly relative to the buyin amount and the # of players who entered. This makes it fair for everyone based on the buyin amount and the number of players for that amount.The actual formula is:Points = 10 * [sqrt(n)/sqrt(k)] * [1+log(b+0.25)]Where:n is the number of entrants k is the place of finish (k=1 for the first-place finisher, etc)b is the buy-in amount in dollars (excluding rake). I have modified this to work well in excel if you need it. Also you can see how the points work out in action through the Negreanu Open leaderboard website (link always in my signature). Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Thanks for answering my question. Upon reading in detail, I'm going to stick with my (pillaged from Toyota) system for this one. I want to limit it to 3 scores per person, and I'll also be giving points to everyone.If you have any comments about how to improve my system, I'd be more than happy to hear.Thanks again for taking the time.Fell

Satellites and Supersatellites are now running!10:30 p.m. EST, $5.50 +$0.50, 1 seat awarded per $33 in the prizepool(every 6 players). I believe these are freezeout tournies.Structure: 1500 chips, 15 minute levels, with a modified blind structure.Come on out! These events will be running daily on GamesGrid(www.gamesgrid.com)Also, Sit&Go satellites are available 24/7 for $5.50 +$.50, 6 handed,winner take all.Event #1 runs Saturday Sept 17 at 15:00 EST.Fell

So...I won one of the satellites, and i was wondering what happens if i win another satellite. Would i get the cash value of the prize or tournament $ for use in other RGP Open events?

Congrats to both!I asked this question to the admins, and this way the response:If a player wins a satellite, he/she will be registered in the event, and will be unable to unregister (this was a tweak requested by me to ensure a high participation rate in the events).If a player who has bought into an event with cash then wins a satellite, he/she will be automatically unregistered as a cash buy-in, have the money refunded to their account, and be registered as a satellite qualifier (unable to unregister).If a player who has already satellited into an event wins another satellite, his/her account will simply be creditted with cash.Fellp.s. what are your confusions about the bonus requirements? I am sure that I can answer it.

Thx for the response, I decided to post the RGP Open on pocketfives.com, so hopefully we'll get a few guys from there as well. If you already posted there, then they got a reminder, if you didnt, then we can expect a couple more people.

I'll play in a few of these events.The last tournaments for me before I take a long break from poker and anything related to it.

Ditto on the thanks Fell, also no confusion on the bonus after i started playing i understand it. It was just the rakeback link i clicked on someones sig. i was wondering how that works. Im hoping this site contiunes to grow, im normally a late night player and have trouble getting a table late in the nights.

Thank you.  I did post a couple threads there.  And got flamed for it.  Hope you fare better :)Fell
I'm doing pretty well so far, no flames. Maybe bc both moderators have commented: One trying to get referrals, the other liked the "Family Guy" reference of my name. I included the blind structure as well, and it get some positive responses.
Buyin:- $20 = x1.2- $30 = x1.3- $50 = x1.5- $100 = x2- $500 = x2.5Fell
Just want to let y'all know that I'm changing this to: Buyin:- $20 = x1.2- $30 = x1.3- $50 = x1.5- $100 = x1.75- $500 = x2.0This will make it less top-heavy for the player who wins the main event.Fell
Buyin:- $20 = x1.2- $30 = x1.3- $50 = x1.5- $100 = x2- $500 = x2.5Fell
Just want to let y'all know that I'm changing this to: Buyin:- $20 = x1.2- $30 = x1.3- $50 = x1.5- $100 = x1.75- $500 = x2.0This will make it less top-heavy for the player who wins the main event.Fell
I think that's a good choice, i'd really hate to see the main event winner get the iPod outright.

I was going to play some events in the RGP open, but almost forgot about event #1. I saw it at the last second and entered... good thingI got 2nd for about $360 in event #1Fell, it was an awesome trny. I loved the structure, and it was a LOT of fun to play, probably the most fun I've ever had in a trny. The table talk was hilarious and had me cracking up the entire time that I was playing.Red (GG's version of lee jones) was really on last night. He took every opportunity that he got to make fun of someone or say something smartassish, it was great.Early in the trny I left for about 15 minutes to go to burger king, and red never let me down for that lol. Every time he said something to me, it had some kind of burger king joke in it.

I was going to play some events in the RGP open, but almost forgot about event #1. I saw it at the last second and entered... good thingI got 2nd for about $360 in event #1Fell, it was an awesome trny. I loved the structure, and it was a LOT of fun to play, probably the most fun I've ever had in a trny. The table talk was hilarious and had me cracking up the entire time that I was playing.Red (GG's version of lee jones) was really on last night. He took every opportunity that he got to make fun of someone or say something smartassish, it was great.Early in the trny I left for about 15 minutes to go to burger king, and red never let me down for that lol. Every time he said something to me, it had some kind of burger king joke in it.
Congratulations Chao!!! Games Grid and Fell put on a fun tournament and red is pretty funny. I sure enjoyed it. I managed to hobble my way into 4th. So once again Thank You to FellKnight, Games Grid, Red, and The RGP Community. Good fun folks.

I was the chip leader for a while.Was in a pot where I could become the chip leader again with 15 left but got rivered by a flush....I was a little bitter after that since I've been getting those bad beats alot this last month.Sorry if I acted a tad badly after I got knocked out, in 15th place.The tourney structure was good and it was alot of fun througout, except for the suck outs ofcourse. :)I might play in a few more events.

Congrats Chao. :-)Heh, yeah RGP tourneys tend to be full of banter; Let me guess, XaQMorphy was talking a lot? People showing 64 off and K6 off a lot?The turn out was decent, considering only 20 or so RGPers played (excluding myself or Fell - I was at a golf tournament, and Fell had a work problem I think), so that was encouraging. A RGPer even won - LadyLuck I guess? It's good to hear GG ran things smoothly, and that the blind structure was good; that bodes well for the rest of the events. Unfortunately I'm going to miss a bunch of them because I leave for Aruba on Friday, but good luck to all that play. I'll give a $10 bounty to anyone who knocks out Morphy or thenutlow in any tournament. Hand history required of course. :-)Patrick

Ya LadyLuck beat me headsup. She had a monster chip lead for almost all of the trny. When we were down to 4 I think she had about 60k and the rest of us were splitting the last 60k or so.We played headsup for awhile and were pretty much dead even in chips, then she made a really nice call with a pair of 4s (I think) for all of her chips that ended the trny.

she made the same nice call against me with a pair of 9s for all her chips early in the tourney, with 2 overs and a flush draw hitting on the river i tried to pick it up. She made a call with just 9s and took a monster pot. I guess she never looked back after i gave her a start.

Lol awesome, glad you had a good time, and congrats!Fell