$50 to $1000 on pstars day 6

I gotta say... the insight on the hands you folded was some of the better stuff i've seen so far. About what you'll play from the SB and whatnot... keep coming with info on stuff like that.Really?That stuff seems automatic to me.Maybe I'll just post like 20 hands in a row next time and explain them.
Absolutely awesome idea. A level of continuity might be great for the "newbies." Regardless, keep up the good work. And no matter what anyone tells you, keep being a dick.Also: to whomever mentioned that Smash shouldn't complete (for 1/2 a small bet) in the small blind with J9, would you mind explaining why you think so? Seems to me like you're getting such incredible odds you've got to be playing plenty of hands for half a small bet or else you're giving up a significant amount of equity.Ice
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Smash, I really like your goal, its cool. But, I'm sure you're at a point in your bankroll where you can play higher limits. Or atleast play some pot limit or no limit, the 1/2cent no limit holdem table is much more profitable then the 5/10cent. I worked my way up just like you... now i'm just stuck figuring out what to play for now.I actually, true story, found 97cents in my account a couple months ago, because like 2 years ago I used to play online. Anyway, I decided to grind it out and I played the 2/4cent limit omaha high low and worked it up, then played some sit n go's everytime i made like five bucks at the live table. Anway, I'm at $175 now and playing the 10/25 cent no limit omaha high low.. or pot limit, and I think your bankroll justifies playing a little bit higher than grinding out the 5/10cent tables. Any suggestions on what else I should play with my measly $175 bankroll?

I like this thread.However, it has brought something to my attention...Smash is a good writer, and appears to be a good poker player.  Two things that don't always go hand in hand.  When he decides to contribute something like this to the boards, it worth it for everyone to read.  Having said that, Smash, you spend too much time being a dick in other people's threads.  It's become obvious that dropping into topics and sprinkling sarcasm around is fun for you, but maybe you should devote more of that time to threads like this.Heavier on the good poker advice and lighter on the superiority complex and all will be good.
That would be no fun at all! And I dunno if you've been around for awhile or not... but this is the new NICE smash... you should go look at some posts from early on, lol.

On completing with J9:I complete a lot of hands in weak games that Iw ouldn't play for a whole bet.Here's what I comlete with in a loose passive game:any two suited cards.unsuited one gap connectors from 9T and up, 9To TJo etc.unsuited two gap connectors from 8T and up, 8To, J8o, TQo, etc.I'd muck all of those in a tighter or more agressive game but I think completing with them in a loose game is +EV.I could of course be wrong. I made money completing with them in .50/1 according to PT, but I don't have a very big sample size and much of that could be from shorthanded play, dunno.

Smash, I do have a brief request for tomorrow's post. Can you add a few hands when you made good plays, but lost the pot? I'm going to go play 50 hands now and post all of them for today's post.Most of them will be me folding pre-flop so I think it won't be too long.

I don't play it often, but if I catch it in a blind... it seems to me that 8-10 catches a hell of a lot of flops, and straights by the river. I'm sure it happens with plenty of hands.. but it seems to me that 8-10 will hit a lot of flops in one way or another.

but it seems to me that 8-10 will hit a lot of flops in one way or another.One of the tricky parts is it hits a lot of flops badly. You have to be able to fold guthots or weak pairs if you don't have odds to draw.

Hey smash when you play your 100+ hands at one table, what is the percent of flops that you normally see?100 isn't much a sample set really. I might see 50 percent of the flops if I happen to see good cards. I've also gone 100 hands folding everything but the blinds before.To answer your question, in a loose game including the blinds I see around 30-35% of flops.Less if the table's very agressive and there's a lot of raising. A big mistake a lot of players make is cold calling two bets with marginal hands like KJo, JQo, AJo, etc.I don't do that.