For me I do not play poker for the money...sure it helps...but it in no way pays the bills for me. It is more of a hobby I guess. I just love the game...it is so simple yet in can be the most frustrating game in the world. But when you win that one big pot in a show down and the guy you beat looks at you and his eyes say you mother f'er how did you have that. For me that is why i play the game. anyone feel the sameKen

The challenge of the game and the money is where the satisfaction is for me. I could care less if my opponent wonders how I did it or if they are pissed that I beat them.

I wouldn't say it's not about money for me, because when I play, I play to win money; and that drives me.However, I do not play strictly for money. As someone earlier said, the money is kind of a measuring stick for how I'm playing, but I really like to play because I really enjoy the game.I'm wondering if those two paragraphs make sense. I don't play poker as a source of income or to pay bills. If I did, I guess I would play on-line, but on-line just does not appeal to me because I do not believe the same dynamic exists that is present in live games. I see that there are chat boxes, but I can't believe that that is the same is the interaction you could have face-to-face.I'm not knocking it or the people who play as a job or as a primary source of income. On the contrary, more power to you. My motivation lies in mastering the game (i.e. learning everytime out in an effort to improve). The cerebral aspect of it is what appeals to me most. The money is a bonus and it certainly helps to keep my interest from waning. Indeed, as I gain more confidence and comfort in my abilities, I plan to take some trips to AC and play in some bigger games to guage where I'm at (and to hopefully win a nice chunk of change).In sum, I guess I like to play FOR the money, but I do not play primarily BECAUSE of the money.Hmm, wonder why I felt motivated to make such a long reply.

Don't get me wrong..I love the money winning aspect of poker..BUT i love the game as much , as the money i win playing it..if I could be guaranteed to win lets say 100k a yr. playing blackjack...or win lets say 90k playing poker..I would choose poker all the time...over any game not just blackjack.It is so much and mind f u c k game....deception is so much fun!!Ken

Money won is twice as sweet as money earned. I don't play to add to my income. That is an added bonus. My job pays my bills. I love the entertainment poker gives me. The rush, if you will. I like to gamble though. I enjoy BlackJack and Craps. Its the gamble. That being said, I'm studying the game all the time, reading books and trying to improve so my entertainment can pay for itself. (and the hookers)I love poker, but I don't believe it will ever be my main source of income. I wouldn't want it to by my "job".

when i first started playing i played for 'fun' or just 'the love of the game', but ever since I started this $50 to $5000 challenge its become all about money, but I definitely love it too or I wouldnt be playing.