Guest XXEddie
Why the @#$% is he playing with fake chips on full tilt?
to give the play money player s little joysame reason they play micro limits too
The funny part is that over 100 people are on the waiting list in the play money game.
i'm sure he'll be there for the 85 hours it'll take to get them all in at some point or another.
He's not the most photogenic FT rep, so this may be offbase, but here goes....So he can go on a tv commercial and say "I play on FullTilt Dot Net to tweak my game and so should you", or something to that effect. Or so someone on FT who is more photogenic can go on tv and say "We play on FullTilt Dot Net to tweak our games and so should you".On the other hand, less cynically, the fact of the matter is he is being paid a lot of money to play on FT, and increasing the player base is the point of his (and the other names) sponsorship.
Guest XXEddie
same reason they play micro limits too
You mean they DON'T play it for the money? :shock:
I was just saying that so this donk would create a thread entiltedWhy the %($) is Seidel playing .05/.1 on Full Tilt!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111one!!1oneIts funny cause hes a newbie who is too stupid to say fuck
He's not the most photogenic FT rep, so this may be offbase, but here goes....So he can go on a tv commercial and say "I play on FullTilt Dot Net to tweak my game and so should you", or something to that effect. Or so someone on FT who is more photogenic can go on tv and say "WeOn the other hand, less cynically, the fact of the matter is he is being paid a lot of money to play on FT, and increasing the player base is the point of his (and the other names) sponsorship.
what, in the name of god, are you talking about? none of that made sense to me, but going off on "photogenic" stuff and I, we "play to tweak....." no freakin clue where the hell people come up with crap like this.
He's not the most photogenic FT rep, so this may be offbase, but here goes....So he can go on a tv commercial and say "I play on FullTilt Dot Net to tweak my game and so should you", or something to that effect. Or so someone on FT who is more photogenic can go on tv and say "WeOn the other hand, less cynically, the fact of the matter is he is being paid a lot of money to play on FT, and increasing the player base is the point of his (and the other names) sponsorship.
what, in the name of god, are you talking about? none of that made sense to me, but going off on "photogenic" stuff and I, we "play to tweak....." no freakin clue where the hell people come up with crap like this.
You obviously have not seen the commercials of Greg Raymer plugging PokerStars.net. Playing poker for money online (in the US) is a legal gray area, although the Feds treat it as black and white. The sites and/or the tv stations that show these commercials avoid Fed action by using .net instead of .com. Greg Raymer (and Moneymaker) use basically that line I used in my post for pokerstars, Mike Sexton does it for partypoker, anonymous actors pretending to be grannies do it somewhere (I forget which site lmao, great advertising) and I suspect I am forgetting someone somewhere. Got it?

You obviously have not seen the commercials of Greg Raymer plugging PokerStars.net. Playing poker for money online (in the US) is a legal gray area, although the Feds treat it as black and white. The sites and/or the tv stations that show these commercials avoid Fed action by using .net instead of .com. Greg Raymer (and Moneymaker) use basically that line I used in my post for pokerstars, Mike Sexton does it for partypoker, anonymous actors pretending to be grannies do it somewhere (I forget which site lmao, great advertising) and I suspect I am forgetting someone somewhere. Got it?actually, no. so are you saying that fat or unattractive peeople who aren't photogenic make good spokespeople for .net sites because they are under the radar of the government?seriously are you high right now? i could see if maybe sorta making more sense. maybe. hell it still probably wouldn't make sense. do poker sites save the more photogenic people for different advertising? i thought this was about seidel playin for play money.

You obviously have not seen the commercials of Greg Raymer plugging PokerStars.net. Playing poker for money online (in the US) is a legal gray area, although the Feds treat it as black and white. The sites and/or the tv stations that show these commercials avoid Fed action by using .net instead of .com. Greg Raymer (and Moneymaker) use basically that line I used in my post for pokerstars, Mike Sexton does it for partypoker, anonymous actors pretending to be grannies do it somewhere (I forget which site lmao, great advertising) and I suspect I am forgetting someone somewhere. Got it?
Hahahahahaha... No, I do not get it!Ok, Seidel plays play money and low limits because he and the rest of the ftp pros get a percentage of the ftp enterprise. The more average joes he convinces to deposit on the basis that they can put in a few bucks and play with the best in the world, the more his stock goes up. Also I believe that they all have to fullfill a time req. on the site.
You obviously have not seen the commercials of Greg Raymer plugging PokerStars.net. Playing poker for money online (in the US) is a legal gray area, although the Feds treat it as black and white. The sites and/or the tv stations that show these commercials avoid Fed action by using .net instead of .com. Greg Raymer (and Moneymaker) use basically that line I used in my post for pokerstars, Mike Sexton does it for partypoker, anonymous actors pretending to be grannies do it somewhere (I forget which site lmao, great advertising) and I suspect I am forgetting someone somewhere.  Got it?actually, no.  so are you saying that fat or unattractive peeople who aren't photogenic make good spokespeople for .net sites because they are under the radar of the government?seriously are you high right now?  i could see if maybe sorta making more sense.  maybe.  hell it still probably wouldn't make sense.  do poker sites save the more photogenic people for different advertising?  i thought this was about seidel playin for play money.
I suspect you need to see the commercials to get it. You obviously aren't getting it from my posts. Anyway, one last try, and then I give up.Thinking about it now I can see that Moneymaker and Raymer are not photogenic, but everyone knows who they are, at least virutally everyone who watches the commercials during the poker tv broadcasts.By the way, saying seidel is not photogenic is not an insult, just the way tv advertisers think. I guess it does not make too much difference anyway if they are advertising to people who recognize him from tv..net is about not playing for money, such as play money. .com is about playing for real money. But the leap to going from play money to real money is not huge, so the sites are willing to advertise their .net sites.By playing on the play money part of FTP they can truthfully say he plays on FTP.net, which is where (play money that is) you wind up if you go to FTP.net.

.net is about not playing for money, such as play money. .com is about playing for real money. But the leap to going from play money to real money is not huge, so the sites are willing to advertise their .net sites. By playing on the play money part of FTP they can truthfully say he plays on FTP.net, which is where (play money that is) you wind up if you go to FTP.net.so its all in the grand plan of ftp to get the pros to play the .net play money tables so that they can be truthful and give a heartfelt performance in their commercials (which i have seen. and party, stars, etc etc) for the .net sites? he does it to bring a little bit of joy to the play money players. thats all. ftp isn't bankin on seidel playin for half an hour for play money to sell the site. chris ferguson and andy bloch have played the freerolls. they just do it to be good ambassadors for the site. [/b]

I played w/ Phil Ivey at a play $ table on Full Tilt. Now how cool is that. There were over 100 players on the waiting list. That simply wouldn't happen on any other site.

I'm pretty sure that Seidel does not play cash games anymore. He strictly plays tournaments. I think he used to be quite good at ring games. But decided to focus exclusively on tournament play. If I'm correct, which I think I am. That's probably why he was playing with play chips. As well as other obvious reasons. Publicity, chat, etc.