dealing with the weak lead in nlhe

Allright, It seems to be a move thats use ALL the time in 1/2 NL On fulltilt and Empire...What do you ussually do when facing an EP weak lead?You raise it to 3x BB with AQ from the Hijack, CO and Button Fold Sb Folds, BB Calls, MP Limper calls.Pot is 10.5 BB'sFlop comes 9 :D 6 :club: 10 :spade:MP Limper Bets 3x BBWDYD?

I'd probably fold. That's a pretty scary board, and even if you hit your A or Q, you can't know they're good. You've also got someone acting behind you that could have checked a made hand. The only way I wouldn't fold is if MP limper is really aggressive and the BB is pretty conservative, and even then... meh.

Reads - BB is straight forward player..He tried to be textbook Tight Aggresive but isn't he is more of a rock, Aggresive preflop, if he hits he'll bet... MP is a Decent player, LAGish but not very, he will slow down in many instances.What do you think he has? What's he betting 3x BB w/?

Reads - BB is straight forward player..He tried to be textbook Tight Aggresive but isn't he is more of a rock, Aggresive preflop, if he hits he'll bet... MP is a Decent player, LAGish but not very, he will slow down in many instances.What do you think he has? What's he betting 3x BB w/?
do you have the A :club: ? I'm raising here 90% of the time to 10-12xBB the other times I'm folding.

Best case scenario is that he is on a draw. He limped and then called your raise, so you can't really put him on something like KQ if he would betout. QJ is definitley possible, but so is J 10, 78, 9 10, QJ of spades (assuming your Q isn't the spade). EDIT: Wow, that was stupid. I forgot that the BB would have already checked, haha. Yeah, it's raise or fold here. Deciding if he's betting in hopes of getting raised or if he's just trying to see a cheap turn depends on your read.

I've been rasing these Weak Leads all night... On both sites I am playing. Not every time but Nearly everytime... I just always figure the player is on a draw (flush draw or straight draw) and want's to see the next card for cheap, I've certianly come out ahead in these hands Raising them by the Pot at least...Is this a normal play in most NL games? Weak Leads like this? Or am I just running into a lot of it at one time? They're just kind of giving there hands away.

I've been rasing these Weak Leads all night... On both sites I am playing. Not every time but Nearly everytime... I just always figure the player is on a draw (flush draw or straight draw) and want's to see the next card for cheap, I've certianly come out ahead in these hands Raising them by the Pot at least...Is this a normal play in most NL games? Weak Leads like this? Or am I just running into a lot of it at one time? They're just kind of giving there hands away.
I don't see it on party very often. I only play .25/.5, where it's a total waste to raise unless you're sure you've got a clamp.I've seen things go where you see players using a certain move more often than usual, and you wonder why it's going on so much. "Why the hell am I getting check-raised so much by all these people on different tables?" Maybe that's just an example of trying to pattern a random event?

Weak leads aren't super-common, but I do run across certain opponents that use them. Unless you're playing a donk, you can usually get them to release with a decent raise. One of the funniest lines to run into is an opponent weak-leading the flop and then calling a big raise, missing his draw, and then weak-leading the turn. To be honest, it can be a really confusing fish move.On the topic of trends, I've been running into a lot of limp w/ big hands lately after barely seeing any for quite a while.For example:Full Table .5/1 NLHEFolds to SB, SB limps, I'm BB w/ AJ and raise, SB smooth calls, he min-check-raises the flop after I bet my pair of jacks, I push him in (he's short-stacked), and he flips over acesA number of hands later, same villain...1 EP limper, Villain limps in CO, I bet AK from button, EP drops, Villain min-raises, thinking he's playing off his earlier image I go all-in, Villain calls and shows KKBasically...I got played, and I'm not entirely sure what to do about it. If I encounter this villain in the future, should I just fold my less than super-premium hands to his limp/check-raises?

Basically...I got played, and I'm not entirely sure what to do about it. If I encounter this villain in the future, should I just fold my less than super-premium hands to his limp/check-raises?
It depends. Unless he notes you, he's not going to switch this tell up on you in some session a few days from now. I guess it just boils down to playing more with him to decide if he's observant or not. That's the only way you'll know if he's setting you up, but I would probably go with the assumption that he's got a monster when he does the min-check-raise.This seems a lot like trying to guess the next throw in a match of roshambo (rock-paper-scissors).

Well, when I conversed with him about the aces, he said he likes to limp with big hands. I thought he was being tricky the second time. Promptly took some notes on him and left the table with my tail between my legs.

Allright, It seems to be a move thats use ALL the time in 1/2 NL On fulltilt and Empire...What do you ussually do when facing an EP weak lead?You raise it to 3x BB with AQ from the Hijack, CO and Button Fold Sb Folds, BB Calls, MP Limper calls.Pot is 10.5 BB'sFlop comes 9 :D 6 :club: 10 :spade:MP Limper Bets 3x BBWDYD?
I don't play a lot of NL, so take it with a grain of salt:do we have any spades? for this specific example, you didnt give us the suits, but I think you are asking more of a general question, so it probably doesnt matter.in hands like the above, if you fold to a less than half-sized pot bet, your opponents will (or they should) take notice, and simply start putting in those bets on the flop. I am not advocating calling their bets every time, or even raising them, but on non-trouble flops, even if you miss I think you have to be strong in your resolve more than 50% of the time. This type of flop you have described fits into many hands, but how many of them would have called a pre-flop raise?

As far as what your opponent could have, I'm going to compare this play out of position, to the other favorite play of people when they are in position, the mini reraise.I think people do the mini reraise when they have a draw, or a set; those are the two most frequent hands I see do that. So with that weak lead, I would compare it to that and say they either have nothing or something big (haha, only two choices right)...All in all, I think you have to define your hand. You have position (and I'm hoping a backdoor flush draw, gotta love the runners), so putting in a decent raise most of the time is going to make him define his hand for you.In summary, I agree completely with Allin and how you have been playing it, raising 90% of the time (and agreeing with brunson too ;-) ) If he's got a big hand, well, you're not losing much more, but I would say most of the time you are going to regain the lead in the hand, make him pay for his draw and take down the pot.

do you have the A :club: ? I'm raising here 90% of the time to 10-12xBB the other times I'm folding.
It all comes down to your read. An aggressive player limping in suggests he doesn't have a big pair or AK or AQ. Also, if he's a decent player, he knows that his bet is giving anyone with a draw of their own the right odds to call, which suggests to me that he's either on a pure draw of his own, or he's got a big hand like two pair or a set and he's fishing for a check raise to run out the draws.IF you decide to raise, you have to raise to at least 12BB. If you only raise 10BB, then you are giving him the right (implied) pot odds to chase down a draw (13.5BB + 10BB = 23.5BB; 7BB to call is better tan 3:1). A raise to 12 BB (13.5 + 12BB = 25.5BB; 9 BB to call is less than 3:1) will mean that's making a mistake calling with a draw.I like the raise (although I'd make a pot sized raise myself) because it really gives you a chance to define your hand. If he's really a decent player, he'll read you for representing an overpair and realize that he's not getting the right odds to chase out of position. Of course, most donks will chase any draw regardless of odds. Either way, if he calls you and you don't improve, you're done with the hand.
It all comes down to your read. An aggressive player limping in suggests he doesn't have a big pair or AK or AQ. Also, if he's a decent player, he knows that his bet is giving anyone with a draw of their own the right odds to call, which suggests to me that he's either on a pure draw of his own, or he's got a big hand like two pair or a set and he's fishing for a check raise to run out the draws.IF you decide to raise, you have to raise to at least 12BB. If you only raise to 10BB, then you are giving him the right (implied) pot odds to chase down a draw (13.5BB + 10BB = 23.5BB; 7BB to call is better than 3:1). A raise to 12 BB (13.5 + 12BB = 25.5BB; 9 BB to call is less than 3:1) will mean that he's making a mathematical mistake calling with either a straight or a flush draw (of course, if he has something like QJ of spades, he's actually a favorite and he's not going anywhere).I like the raise (although I'd make a pot sized raise myself) because it really gives you a chance to define your hand. If he's really a decent player, he'll read you for representing an overpair or some other made hand and realize that he's not getting the right odds to chase his draw out of position. Of course, most donks will chase any draw regardless of odds. Either way, if he calls you and you don't improve, you're done with the hand.