sapphiretiger session 1

This is my first step in the right direction. After a disasterous first year in internet poker (no bankroll management, playing way over my head, tilting easily), I decided to start over. I just deposited $150 on pokerstars, and will be playiing .05/.10 until i can get up to $375 to move up. I've got pokertracker running.but i need help guys. I know i have a lot to work on in my games, but have a hard time finding my leaks. That's where you guys come in. I'll post some of the hands i thought were significant from my sessions and hopefully you guys can help me plug some of my leaks.Hopefully if i get a good enough response, i'll post the highlights in general so more people can benefit.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) converterMP1 ($16.70)MP2 ($2.45)CO ($9.85)Hero ($20.70)SB ($38.65)BB ($7.35)UTG ($8.95)UTG+1 ($2.90)Preflop: Hero is Button with [Th], [7h]. UTG calls $0.10, 1 fold, MP1 calls $0.10, MP2 calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, SB completes, BB checks.Flop: ($0.70) [8h], [6d], [9s] (7 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, CO bets $0.6, Hero calls $0.60, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds.Turn: ($1.90) [8d] (2 players)CO bets $1.25, CO calls $1.75.River: ($7.90) [2c] (2 players)CO checks, Hero bets $2, CO calls $2.Final Pot: $11.90My question: Did i extract as MUCH as i could out of this hand?_______________________________________________________-PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) converterSB ($27.75)BB ($2.10)UTG ($18.50)UTG+1 ($4.35)Hero ($7.60)MP2 ($6.20)MP3 ($6.20)CO ($0.30)Button ($5.10)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with [9h], [9s]. 2 folds.Flop: ($1.20) [7h], [5d], [Tc] (3 players, 1 all-in)SB bets $0.3, SB calls $0.60.Turn: ($3) [Jc] (3 players, 1 all-in)SB checks, Hero checks.River: ($3) [7c] (3 players, 1 all-in)SB bets $1, Hero calls $1.Final Pot: $5Question: everything look okay?____________________________________________________________PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) converterMP2 ($3.60)CO ($10.80)Button ($3.70)Hero ($10)BB ($3.25)UTG ($3.95)UTG+1 ($7.05)MP1 ($3.95)Preflop: Hero is SB with [9h], [4s]. 1 fold, Button calls $0.10, Hero completes, BB checks.Flop: ($0.50) [3c], [9c], [Ad] (5 players)Hero checks, BB bets $0.3, UTG+1 calls $0.30, MP2 calls $0.30, Button folds, Hero calls $0.30.Turn: ($1.70) [9d] (4 players)Hero checks, BB bets $0.3, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30.River: ($2.60) [8s] (3 players)Hero bets $1.5, MP2 folds, Hero calls $1.05.Final Pot: $7.70Question: Obviously i couldn't get away from it on the river, but was there something i should have done before to maybe not lose as much?___________________________________________anyway, it was a pretty good session. Length: 2 hoursWin Rate: $8.025BB/Hr: 80.25Return: +16.05Current Bankroll: 166.05

Hand #1: i probably wouldnt play it preflop but it turned out good. bet more than $2 on the river(the pot is over $7) i would say around $4-5. other than that it looks good.Hand #2: i would probably fold to the river bet. pot isnt that big and you cant really beat much. i would lead the turn if i re-raised on the flop.Hand #3: bad hand to complete with. i would probably lead the flop with a .25-.40 bet and fold to a re-raise. maybe lead the turn with a pot sized bet and fold to a big re-raise. tough to get rid of after the turn.

Hand #1: i probably wouldnt play it preflop but it turned out good. bet more than $2 on the river(the pot is over $7) i would say around $4-5. other than that it looks good.Hand #2: i would probably fold to the river bet. pot isnt that big and you cant really beat much. i would lead the turn if i re-raised on the flop.Hand #3: bad hand to complete with. i would probably lead the flop with a .25-.40 bet and fold to a re-raise. maybe lead the turn with a pot sized bet and fold to a big re-raise. tough to get rid of after the turn.
i'm getting 9-1 on hand #3...is that not enough for me to complete?

Hand 1: Not usually worth playing, but with so many callers...it's playable. What did you put your opponent on when he bet the turn? Looks like he's got a 9. Might've bet a bit more on the river. Not a big worry though...you got some good mileage.Hand 2: It's passive, but I usually like limping with 9s here. You're going to make most of your money with a set. It's usually not worth trying to dodge overcards. Flop raise is okay (though it could've been bigger), but I'm giving up on that river.Hand 3: Absolute trash hand. Honestly not worth completing with from the SB unless every other person at the table is in. If it's suited, fine. However, 94o just isn't going to flop anything good often enough. You're also not really getting the right odds on the flop call. Granted, you might have implied odds, but I'm folding. Assuming you hit that turn though, you need to raise it the hell up as there are two flush draws. Hard to fold on the end. Anyway...to re-emphasize...probably not worth playing in the first place.

Hand 1: I don't mind the call from the button with that hand. Flop and turn are okay, but river bet is a little small. You put in about a quarter-pot sized bet, I think you could have gone almost a half-pot sized bet here (1/3 to 1/2).Hand 2: What was your reasoning for checking the turn? I'm not saying it was wrong, just wondering why? You have represented the best hand pre-flop, the best hand after the flop, so why not fire out another continuation bet (say about 1/2 pot sized)? Were you thinking he made the straight and was check-raising you? Just curious is all.Hand 3: Don't complete with that crap. Count up all the crap hands you don't complete with from SB, and they add up to well over what you MAY have won by playing one of these. IMO. 8)

Hand 1: I don't mind the call from the button with that hand. Flop and turn are okay, but river bet is a little small. You put in about a quarter-pot sized bet, I think you could have gone almost a half-pot sized bet here (1/3 to 1/2).Hand 2: What was your reasoning for checking the turn? I'm not saying it was wrong, just wondering why? You have represented the best hand pre-flop, the best hand after the flop, so why not fire out another continuation bet (say about 1/2 pot sized)? Were you thinking he made the straight and was check-raising you? Just curious is all.Hand 3: Don't complete with that crap. Count up all the crap hands you don't complete with from SB, and they add up to well over what you MAY have won by playing one of these. IMO. 8)
Hand #1: I don't always make this call, but there were definitely enough calls to make this profitable if i hit. and i did. If i thought about it a little more, than i should have put my opponent on a 9, and thus i could have value bet a little more on the river. I probably should have bet half the pot, but i really wanted a call. I'll make a bigger river bet from now on though.Hand #2: I played this hand based on a strong read i had from my opponent. After his turn check, i put him on a mid-pocket pair. I actually thought he had 8's. I probably could have pushed him out on the turn and probably should. That's why i called the river bet, i really didn't think he had it. Turns out he had pocket 4's. But, it's easy to say this stuff after the hand is over. Hand #3: I wont' complete with this stuff anymore...now that i'm thinking about it...it's a duh move. Out of position, crappy hand, i'm looking for a miracle flop. I thought the flop call was okay since all my opponents had deep stacks...and poker tracker laid them as LAP...granted it was only with about 50 hands. okay. consensus says i should have thrown away pre-flop, and then i won't be put in this situation. will do.