Date / Time: 2005-07-11 12:42:00 Title: Opening Announcements; Shuffle Up & Deal! Log: Tournament Director Johnny Grooms is making some preliminary announcements before play will begin on a hand-for-hand basis. All of the players must remain in their seats, and the dealers will be standing up whenever their table finishes a hand. Once all of the dealers are standing, everyone can start dealing the next hand. If a table has an all-in bet and a call, they have to stop the action until the ESPN cameras show up to record the action, and the dealers are being instructed to slow down the action in these cases, so the cameras can maximize the drama. The button will start in seat #7 on every table.2004 World Champion Greg Raymer, who is not only still alive but in 9th place, is introduced to kick off the action by saying the traditional starting phrase. The whole crowd applauds at his introduction, and he makes some opening comments, including compliments for Tournament Director Johnny Grooms and the rest of the staff and the dealers.Greg Raymer: "Shuffle up and deal!"

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the players must remain in their seats, and the dealers will be standing up whenever their table finishes a hand. Once all of the dealers are standing, everyone can start dealing the next hand.
Good lord. So, if I am a dealer and everyone at my table folds, I have to stand up for anywhere form 1-10 minutes EVERY HAND until this farce is done.How many dealer walkouts today? Can I get an over under here?Ray

Dealing one hand at a time?Slowing down the action for every all-in?Do you think this affects the players? It seems like this could be a huge distraction. Imagine if for five hands in a row everyone folds to a raise, and every time you have to wait five full minutes because there is an all-in at another table...

Dealing one hand at a time?Slowing down the action for every all-in?Do you think this affects the players? It seems like this could be a huge distraction. Imagine if for five hands in a row everyone folds to a raise, and every time you have to wait five full minutes because there is an all-in at another table...
It will be a great time for chatty players to do their thing and get info on other players

man, the pros and really anyone with a big stack are absolutely gonna rape the short stacks during this hand for hand time frame.

How long will it take to get too the money?
I'd guess 6-10 hands. Which could easily take an hour, perhaps more.
Sounds about right. We may see some hands with no "all in's" and some with 2 or 3 taken out.

Date / Time: 2005-07-11 12:54:00 Title: On to Hand #3 ... 567 Players Remaining Log: There are 567 players left in the field as Tournament Director Johnny Grooms asks the dealers to deal Hand #3. Date / Time: 2005-07-11 12:52:00 Title: Getting Closer to the Money Log: Hand for hand play has already produced 2 casualties. 7 eliminations to go until the money.

That would suck being any of these 9 players to not cash, playing for two whole days and not getting any money. I am sure it would be a lot of fun to just play in the WSOP ME. But it would still be tough to not cash after playing that long.

Poker wire reports 564 left. Wonder who the bubble boy will be?
Maybe if 2 bust out in the same hand Harrah's can dig into the millions they took from this and give a couple players the bottom payout again..Edit: 10k to each of the 9 players busting out would be an amazing gesture.... I see that happening as soon as I am laying in bed with 2 fine poker pro's...Shannon Elizabeth and Erin Ness...

Date / Time: 2005-07-11 13:09:00 Title: On to Hand #5 ... 564 Players Remaining Log: There are still 564 players left in the field as Tournament Director Johnny Grooms asks the dealers to deal Hand #5.

lol 27 minutes for 4 hands. Somewhere an internet player is softly crying.
This would be the time to have an Ipod!!

They are hanging on.Date / Time: 2005-07-11 13:22:00 Title: On to Hand #6 ... 564 Players Remaining Log: The tournament clock still shows 564 players left in the field as Tournament Director Johnny Grooms asks the dealers to deal Hand #6.

Date / Time: 2005-07-11 13:24:00 Title: Matusow Wins a Big Pot Log: Mike Matusow just took down a $250,000 pot. Hand details are unavailable at the moment as CardPlayer.com staff and other members of the media are not allowed inside the rail during hand for hand play.

Date / Time: 2005-07-11 13:24:00  Title: Matusow Wins a Big Pot  Log: Mike Matusow just took down a $250,000 pot. Hand details are unavailable at the moment as CardPlayer.com staff and other members of the media are not allowed inside the rail during hand for hand play.
Wow go Mike, the mouth that roared!
Date / Time: 2005-07-11 13:24:00  Title: Matusow Wins a Big Pot  Log: Mike Matusow just took down a $250,000 pot. Hand details are unavailable at the moment as CardPlayer.com staff and other members of the media are not allowed inside the rail during hand for hand play.
That a boy Mikey!

Date / Time: 2005-07-11 13:29:00 Title: On to Hand #7 ... STILL 564 Players Remaining Log: There are still 564 players left in the field as Tournament Director Johnny Grooms asks the dealers to deal Hand #7.