fuuny low-ball story

Guest XXEddie

Guest XXEddie

So im playing low-ball, and get dealt 7's full of 2's. Now i wish this was regular draw. However, I get a free draw and keep a 2 and a 7, my three replacement cards are 4 5 and 6, making me a great seven low...lol. Thats why I always make the blinds pay for more cards!

So im playing low-ball, and get dealt 7's full of 2's. Now i wish this was regular draw.
Actually it might not have been a bad idea to stand pat and riase before the draw. ou have a great snow hand especially if you have three 2s
Guest XXEddie
When's the funny part start?
Maybe if you understood low-ball youd get why its kinda funny. But since your morons (especially mr. perfect, smasharoo....) You shouldnt be postin anything
Guest XXEddie
did you have to put any money in to see your draw cards? or was it checked around?
It was a home game, and for some reason they had blinds??? Yeah, beats me too, and i was in the big blind, and nobody raise so i fugred what the hell.And about KDawgCometh's comment about standing pat, thats just not smart. its a limit game, so everybody wouldnt fold to just one bet, I at least have a chance to win this way
Maybe if you understood low-ball youd get why its kinda funny. But since your morons (especially mr. perfect, smasharoo....) You shouldnt be postin anything
Um maybe you arent aware of what a story is. It should have a plot of some kind. posting a poorly written and uninformative hand history about how you filled a longshot draw in a lowball game hardly counts as a story, nevermind a funny one. People hit gutshots, 3 outers, etc. all the time. This hardly makes for humerous reading. Besides that, i wouldnt be calling anyone a moron, mr. "you'd be stupid to fold QQ to a bet, raise, and two over the top all ins midway through a tournament".

Naw, it really isn't a bad idea to raise before the flop, and come out raising on the flop. Having all those sevens and deuces means you've got 5 premium cards in your hands. Most good lowball players want to see at least a single two if they're involved in a pot. Also, don't be an ass. Ice

Guest XXEddie
Um maybe you arent aware of what a story is. It should have a plot of some kind. posting a poorly written and uninformative hand history about how you filled a longshot draw in a lowball game hardly counts as a story, nevermind a funny one. People hit gutshots, 3 outers, etc. all the time. This hardly makes for humerous reading. Besides that, i wouldnt be calling anyone a moron, mr. "you'd be stupid to fold QQ to a bet, raise, and two over the top all ins midway through a tournament".
Apparently you didnt read my other posts on that were i corrected myself, maybe you should have read more than one post. Yeah sure people hit 3 outers etc. But going from a boat to a 7 low is much smaller of a chance than a 3 other, or even a one outer
Guest XXEddie
Naw, it really isn't a bad idea to raise before the flop, and come out raising on the flop. Having all those sevens and deuces means you've got 5 premium cards in your hands. Most good lowball players want to see at least a single two if they're involved in a pot. Also, don't be an ass. Ice
About the 2's. So a player would rather have 8 7 5 4 3 than 9 7 6 4 2??? why does the two matter, its like the fifth card in draw, if you have aces and kings with a jack kicker in draw, the jack really doesnt matter. Most good low-ball players would rather have an 8 low w/o a duece, than a 9 low w/ one

About the 2's. So a player would rather have 8 7 5 4 3 than 9 7 6 4 2??? why does the two matter, its like the fifth card in draw, if you have aces and kings with a jack kicker in draw, the jack really doesnt matter. Most good low-ball players would rather have an 8 low w/o a duece, than a 9 low w/ oneMost good lowball players will fold a rough 8 to a bet, particularly when the guy with the 2's doesn't draw any and then bets again.This assumes you're playing with GOOD lowball players though, which is quite a leap in logic, I agree.

Guest XXEddie
About the 2's. So a player would rather have 8 7 5 4 3 than 9 7 6 4 2??? why does the two matter, its like the fifth card in draw, if you have aces and kings with a jack kicker in draw, the jack really doesnt matter. Most good low-ball players would rather have an 8 low w/o a duece, than a 9 low w/ oneMost good lowball players will fold a rough 8 to a bet, particularly when the guy with the 2's doesn't draw any and then bets again.This assumes you're playing with GOOD lowball players though, which is quite a leap in logic, I agree.
So they would fold an 8 low, but keep the 9 low.....they dont sound like very good lowball players to me. c'mon what does the fifth card matter. what about 7 6 5 4 3 and 9 7 5 3 2, you still want thwe one with the two?

So they would fold an 8 low, but keep the 9 low.....they dont sound like very good lowball players to me. c'mon what does the fifth card matter. what about 7 6 5 4 3 and 9 7 5 3 2, you still want thwe one with the two?Yeah, in 2-7 I'd want the one that wasn't a str8.That's just me, though, I'm looking to win money.

Guest XXEddie
So they would fold an 8 low, but keep the 9 low.....they dont sound like very good lowball players to me. c'mon what does the fifth card matter. what about 7 6 5 4 3 and 9 7 5 3 2, you still want thwe one with the two?Yeah, in 2-7 I'd want the one that wasn't a str8.That's just me, though, I'm looking to win money.
K, ill give u that considering i typed it wrong, what about 8 6 5 4 3 v 10 5 4 3 2, want the worse hand still sine it has a two?

K, ill give u that considering i typed it wrong, what about 8 6 5 4 3 v 10 5 4 3 2, want the worse hand still sine it has a two?Well, with the 2 I know I still have a draw to the nut low. With a made 8 I'm worried that I'm paying off a made hand who doesn't draw when I don't draw. The reality though, is it's exceptionally unlikely anyone has a made hand as strong as 86543 before the draw. Bluffing when you hold 3 or 4 2's is a common and profitable play in 2-7.

And about KDawgCometh's comment about standing pat, thats just not smart. its a limit game, so everybody wouldnt fold to just one bet, I at least have a chance to win this way
maybe you don't realize bu you hold five key cards to making a good hand. You are bluffing, this IS A SNOW HAND. Maybe you don't know what that is. You hold several key cards and are bluffing. By raising before the draw and rapping pat you are indicating serious strength the other key is that you hold the best cards for making a duece to seven low in your hand. If you own Super System then you shold know about snowing and the few times that you can get a realchance to do it. Joey Hawthorne's favorite snow hand was having quad dueces with a solid other low card and he was able to win everytime he snowed with that hand because he has several key cards for making a good low. Seriously who wants to try to bet into a rapped pat hand with an 8 6 5 4 3, its not a good low and even beginners could get that.
Guest XXEddie
anyone wanna gimme a quick rundown on how to play lowbaLL
Its five card draw where the worst hand wins. Flushes and str8 DO count against you unlike razz(7 card stud where worst hand wins) It a really frustrating game because you can be one card away from the "royal flush of lowball" (2 3 4 5 7) and end up having a pair
Wonder how many people acually know what low-ball is?
well, first of all, it depends on what form of lowball you are playing. a-5, 2-7, razz? you probably should have also stated if you were playing single or triple draw. people don't play 2-7 lowball with blinds so people didn't know what you meant when you said you got a free draw. normally you would have to pay to draw. and i've seen people draw with a 2 and 7 and hit three inside cards for a 7 low. maybe if you had a wheel it would be kind of a funny story. next time give some more info if you want to entertain anyone. for people who don't know what 2-7 draw is, this story is the equivalent of saying he had 5-6 in hold'em and the flop was 789.
Guest XXEddie
Wonder how many people acually know what low-ball is?
well, first of all, it depends on what form of lowball you are playing. a-5, 2-7, razz? you probably should have also stated if you were playing single or triple draw. people don't play 2-7 lowball with blinds so people didn't know what you meant when you said you got a free draw. normally you would have to pay to draw. and i've seen people draw with a 2 and 7 and hit three inside cards for a 7 low. maybe if you had a wheel it would be kind of a funny story. next time give some more info if you want to entertain anyone. for people who don't know what 2-7 draw is, this story is the equivalent of saying he had 5-6 in hold'em and the flop was 789.
I know i usually dont have to pay, but the guy who was hosting in wacthed every NL holdem event he could and I guess assumed all games have blinds......and I was playing 2-7 single draw...happy?And its more the equvilennt of getting a free flop with 2 7 offsuit in holdem and the flop being 2 2 2

I know i usually dont have to pay, but the guy who was hosting in wacthed every NL holdem event he could and I guess assumed all games have blinds......and I was playing 2-7 single draw...happy?So when you asked how many people would know what Lowball was you were asking because you wanted someone to explain it to you?Makes a lot more sense now.

Guest XXEddie
I know i usually dont have to pay, but the guy who was hosting in wacthed every NL holdem event he could and I guess assumed all games have blinds......and I was playing 2-7 single draw...happy?So when you asked how many people would know what Lowball was you were asking because you wanted someone to explain it to you?Makes a lot more sense now.
Yeah, especially sense I JUST explained it to somebody else