another enraged poker stars player

this guy just went ballistic on me - i was like please have the ace of diamond please have the ace of diamonds hehPokerStars Game #1064632457: Tournament #4537574, Hold'em NoLimit - Match Round I, Level I (10/20) - 2005/01/11 - 05:12:20(ET)Table '4537574 1' One on One Seat #2 is the buttonSeat 1: getarzancp (1530 in chips) Seat 2: keith crime (1470 in chips) keith crime: posts small blind 10getarzancp: posts big blind 20*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to keith crime [5c 9c]keith crime: calls 10getarzancp: checks *** FLOP *** [8d 5d 9d]getarzancp: checks keith crime: bets 40getarzancp: calls 40*** TURN *** [8d 5d 9d] [9h]getarzancp: checks keith crime: checks *** RIVER *** [8d 5d 9d 9h] [7d]getarzancp: checks keith crime: bets 100getarzancp: raises 1370 to 1470 and is all-inkeith crime said, "sorry guy"keith crime: calls 1310 and is all-in*** SHOW DOWN ***getarzancp: shows [Ad 2c] (a flush, Ace high)keith crime: shows [5c 9c] (a full house, Nines full of Fives)keith crime collected 2940 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 2940 | Rake 0 Board [8d 5d 9d 9h 7d]Seat 1: getarzancp (big blind) showed [Ad 2c] and lost with aflush, Ace highSeat 2: keith crime (button) (small blind) showed [5c 9c] andwon (2940) with a full house, Nines full of Fives

this guy just went ballistic on me - i was like please have the ace of diamond please have the ace of diamonds heh
I think what probably made him most upset was the "sorry guy" comment before you had even seen his cards. Gloating before the showdown shows a complete lack of respect of your opponent.You would have felt pretty silly if he was holding 9,8 wouldn't you???

He could have had the 6 of diamonds also. I have learned to never say anything until the cards are turned over. And this does seem to be a rant caused by this guy getting beat on bad beats and having a bad run. I mean, he must be a bad player to go all in with a flush when there is boats out there and a straight flush. He could have just called.

Everytime I have tried to say something when someone is all-in (usually GL) Pokerstars says you cannot chat while someone is all-in.Also, the guy has no right to rant about a Pokerstars bad beat. You had him beat on the turn and you both checked until 4th street. If he wanted to push you off the pot, he should have acted a lot sooner (read: b4 the turn). He didn't get a bad beat, he got outplayed.

a) i dont see how this is a bad beat. it's a coinflip preflop, coinflip on the flop, and he cannot win by the turn. never is he ahead by more than a few percent. B) the all in is a terrible play. he will only get called by one of the several hands that have him beat. what is he trying to accomplish?? a steal? seems silly he has a hand, he wants straights and trips to call him, which they wont do for all their chips on that board.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably the worst "comment / card flip" I ever experienced was right before the election last Fall. I had turned over an ace-high flush. The other player in the hand says "I'm <his screenname> and I approved this message". Then he turns over his boat.