$3300 in the bag. good chop?

Here is what the chip count chop should have been.1st 40000 $35842nd 32000 $29093rd 18000 $17234th 14000 $1384THE GUY IN SECOND GOT SCREWEDBy the way next time just take the last place money divide it equaly, then calculate the rest by percentage of the chips remaining. That way you don't loose almost $300.Although any time that you can add $3300 to your bankroll is great, so don't feel bad about it. The tournement becomes a slot machine at that point.

That was a great chop, why fight for first when you get only 2000 more, and it's a GAMBLE at that. You paid more than second, did well enough.

That was a great chop, why fight for first when you get only 2000 more, and it's a GAMBLE at that. You paid more than second, did well enough.
I agree with the idea of chopping, but what I would do if I was him is calculate the chip percentage, and then ask if they will go for a chip count chop, or say I want $3600. I am always the one to offer a chop, because it secures your win, but only if it is fair. As a matter of fact as we sit down for the main event I am going to propose a 6600 way chop somewhere around $9600 a piece, I paid $15 so it is definitely a +EV move..
I agree with the idea of chopping, but what I would do if I was him is calculate the chip percentage, and then ask if they will go for a chip count chop, or say I want $3600. I am always the one to offer a chop, because it secures your win, but only if it is fair. As a matter of fact as we sit down for the main event I am going to propose a 6600 way chop somewhere around $9600 a piece, I paid $15 so it is definitely a +EV move.