Should this hand be played the same way in the future ?Divided receives the dealer button Krenkdaddy posts small blind 1 Tmaster posts big blind 1 You are dealt[Kh,Ks] Burp folds Bug folds S25 calls 1 Newman calls 1 Beat folds HERO raises 12 Div folds Krenk folds Tmaster folds S25 folds Newman calls 11 Flop is dealt [Jh,Th,5d] Newman checks HERO goes all in 0 HERO bets 44 Newman goes all in 0 Newmancalls 31 Turn is dealt [7s] River is dealt [9h] HERO shows a pair of Kings HERO pocket cards were [Kh,Ks] Newman shows a straight King high Newman pocket cards were [Kc,Qs] Newman wins $86 real money from main pot These type of situations are killing my bankroll ...am I too aggressive ?

Just starting to 2nd guess my actions .Taking some hits to the roll and need advice .Thanks again .
This is why you need sufficiant bankroll to play NL. Although your play was +EV it doesn't mean you're going to win everyone...or win one in the next 5 attempts. It means over a long period of time...I think 1800 hours of play (not sure, exactly)...you will show a profit. If you don't have the bankroll to handle the swings at this limit you should think about dropping down to smaller stakes. You played the hand good, but you have to get out of the mind-set of short-term results. Think long-term.BTW, don't worry about smash...you just gotta take him with a grain of salt. lol."Danger!!Danger!!" Bad Beat StoryROFL![/b]

Well you could have played it better but you were not wrong to assume your KK was good. Where this hand went wrong is that guy calling 11 more dollare pre-flop with KQo. This is absurd. Don't worry, this guy will pay you off later.I think you had to move all in on the flop to TRY to get him outta there (for his own good). He didn't, and he just flat out got lucky. Tough beat. Frankly, Why did you raise to 12XBB pre-flop with KK? That is too much. That is what forced you to push all in on the flop.Raise it to 2.5-4XBB. This guy with KQ would have just called and you would have had more lee-way with your chipstack to play post-flop.In summary, this guy made a bad play. His all in call with open-ended straight is UNDERSTANDABLE b/c at that point he was pot-commited. But his 12 dollar call pre-flop is just plain ridiculous. No pro would EVER make that call.

No pro would make the call on the flop either!!You played the hand good. The raise pre-flop was good (you got someone with a worse hand to call a big raise) and the bet on the flop was good (again, you got someone with a worse hand to call). What more do you want!?!?

With pocket Kings, you were almost assured the best hand preflop.So this is an ideal hand to make a lot of money with.While it is usually wise to limit the field that you will be playing against, betting 12 times the BB will typically eliminate everyone.This would result in a simple win of the blinds and leave you wanting more.Unless your table was playing incredibly loose, I would suggest a more standard preflop bet so that some opponents stay with you and can give you their money after the flop.Now, you were fortunate to have someone call your huge bet and take the flop with far worse cards that yours. Consider yourself lucky.Your over-eager opponent then called your all-in flop bet with only a draw. The odds were largely in your favor that you would now be doubling up. Once again, consider yourself very lucky to have been in this situation.From there on, the cards that fall are irrelevant. You got all your money into the pot when you were a large favorite. Thus, in the long run, you will make money if you can continue to put yourself in those positions. View bad beats as a positive.They are simply confirmations that you are getting your money in with the best hands.--cnm

No pro would make the call on the flop either!!You played the hand good. The raise pre-flop was good (you got someone with a worse hand to call a big raise) and the bet on the flop was good (again, you got someone with a worse hand to call).  What more do you want!?!?
I disagree. I think some pro's would call 33 more here with an open-ender and 2 over-cards than the what the flop has. He called 12 pre-flop. 33 more post-flop with two overs and an open ender is not that far-fetched. I'd say this is a classic case of being pot-committed. But I think everyone can agree that his 12 dollar call pre-flop should put him in an asylum. lol.

Let's do some pot odds...do you know what those are?Player A raises $12...Player B calls $12. Blinds are $1/1.There is $25 in the pot. You have an Open End Straight Draw. 8 outs. With the pre-flop action, it's obvious your over-cards are no good (Seriously!).47 remaining cards. 8 of them make your hand. You are being put all in so there will be no betting on the turn. You have two chances to hit your hand. 47/16=2.9 or roughly 3. You are a 2-1 dog.He bets $44 into a $25 pot. So you have to call $44 to win $70. 70/44=1.59. Your pot odds are 1.59-to-1 on 2-to-1 draw. Easy fold.

Let's do some pot odds...do you know what those are?Player A raises $12...Player B calls $12. Blinds are $1/1.There is $25 in the pot. You have an Open End Straight Draw. 8 outs. With the pre-flop action, it's obvious your over-cards are no good (Seriously!).47 remaining cards. 8 of them make your hand. You are being put all in so there will be no betting on the turn. You have two chances to hit your hand. 47/16=2.9 or roughly 3. You are a 2-1 dog.He bets $44 into a $25 pot. So you have to call $44 to win $70. 70/44=1.59.  Your pot odds are 1.59-to-1 on 2-to-1 draw. Easy fold.
Actually there was $27 in the pot. 2 others called the blind, then folded pre-flop. And he didn't call $44 all in. He only had $31, so he called $31. So you have to call $31 to win $58. 58/31 = 1.87. 1.87 is not equal or greater than 2, but you are "pot committed" here, and maybe you feel like gambling?Don't get mad, but you should really make sure you read everything before you post.

Nah, but there isn't much to be added to this thread, its pretty much all been stated about how he could have played it a little differently and how you always want your money in the pot when you have the best hand.

jfarrell and wrto, where in houston do you each live? I live in Katy, far west houston. Know of any $20-40 buy in .50/1 limit holdem games around these parts? I go to to texas state up in san marcos and am down here for about another week before I go back.