psychology of poker - alan schoonmaker

I am thinking about getting this book, but would like to hear what others who read it thought about it first.Is this book worth getting?I play mostly 2/4 limit and PLO8 and NL SNG's.Thanks.

Personally, I think it is one of the best books on poker that I have (and I have alot of them). It is great at helping you to pick out your personal style of play and how you can make it better as well as how to play against the other player types. Not so much about how to play specific cards or hands, but more from the psychological end...yours and theirs. Very much worth the price in my opinion...for what it is worth.Michael

I am thinking about getting this book, but would like to hear what others who read it thought about it first.Is this book worth getting?I play mostly 2/4 limit and PLO8 and NL SNG's.Thanks.
I just finished reading it on Monday. It's probably the best poker book I've ever read, at least in terms of being meaningful to me. I say that because I tend to grasp theory very easily, but tend to struggle with the mental/emotional side of things. So while I believe books like SSHE and Theory of Poker are must reading for any serious poker player, I think I would have to say that Psychology of Poker has been the most personally helpful.That being said, just keep in mind that you're not going to get much strategy out of POP. The author references specific sections in Hold 'em for Advanced Players and Theory of Poker (POP was written before SSHE) rather than reprint or go over them again.

It seems like the kind of book I'm looking for. I have enough strategy books and feel I need to improve my mental/emotional part of my game. Based on your responses, I'll be ordering this book very shortly.Thanks again :-)

The author can be found on the 2+2 forums and gives an email address in his book where you can communicate with him. He does answer his email.Again, well worth the money if you are looking to get into your own head about poker as well as the heads of the other players.Michael