Clash Of Clans - Brags, Questions, Threats And Anything Else!

Yeah, that's not a great team strategy Dan. If five guys are holding off to see the outcome, that could be a 10 star swing, and convince others not to waste their attacks because we're losing by 10. Really, you should attack when you can. If we're getting massacred, I don't see a problem with holding off then. But this thing is close.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our whole family is dressing up. Wife is going to be an archer, I'm going to be a wizard, 10 yr old a barbarian, and the best of all, the 14 month old will be a wallbreaker complete with bomb.

See? That's the case closing argument in cars vs transit: Clash of Clans better on transit. The end. Now we can FINALLY be done with the 28,983 pages of car vs transit argument. Whew. That's a relief.

Alright, the ban hammer fell with great force. I kicked my next door neighbour, my nephew, and a friend. Can't say I'm not fair with the hammer....

Yeah, that's not a great team strategy Dan. If five guys are holding off to see the outcome, that could be a 10 star swing, and convince others not to waste their attacks because we're losing by 10. Really, you should attack when you can. If we're getting massacred, I don't see a problem with holding off then. But this thing is close.

Oh, I agree. I think attacking early and often is significantly underrated. I'm only waiting on this one because I'm waiting on an upgrade and really don't have time to rescout and prepare right now with all my earlier scouting now moot. Normally, I get mine in ASAP.

And get your nephew to jump on! I went to guelph, there isn't that much going on on a Wednesday night that he can't snag 6 stars from mid-20s bases lol

Hope we can pull this one out.

In other news, I've been getting ramsacked repeatedly today by raiders. Raiding has been going great, but nobody has been sniping my town hall to get me a free shield. Every time my shield has gone down in the last 2 ays, I've been attacked within 15-30 minutes and taken for 100-300k in resources (total) each time. I'm still coming out slightly ahead because of succesful raids, but it is getting tiresome.

I might have to drop back down to the 900-100 trophy range, or maybe consider a base re-design (again). This base seems fantastic for stopping Giant/healer attacks, and stopping me from getting 3-starred, but less effective against archer/barb raids.

That's sucks dubes. I've been having more success with archer/barbs at 950-1000 trophies than lower. Really frustrating though - im 5/7 on attacks with exactly 49% on my losses. That's 30 trophy swing from 0 stars to 1 is painful.

I converted to a great hog defense base, and now I'm getting routinely smoked by heavy barb/archer attacks...can't win for trying.

Question - Would it make sense to temporarily kick the guys in our top 15 who aren't playing right now (gaamby and ben) with the understanding that they can come back when they're ready to? We have so much turnover in the clan that there will always be a realistic spot for them when they pick up the iPads again. It would help us in two ways, would make the next opponent a bit softer since we're dropping a couple thousand trophies, and it would allow for the possibility of an extra 4 attacks and six stars we really could have used in this most recent war.

Just a suggestion, feel free to ignore. :)

I converted to a great hog defense base, and now I'm getting routinely smoked by heavy barb/archer attacks...can't win for trying.

Question - Would it make sense to temporarily kick the guys in our top 15 who aren't playing right now (gaamby and ben) with the understanding that they can come back when they're ready to? We have so much turnover in the clan that there will always be a realistic spot for them when they pick up the iPads again. It would help us in two ways, would make the next opponent a bit softer since we're dropping a couple thousand trophies, and it would allow for the possibility of an extra 4 attacks and six stars we really could have used in this most recent war.

Just a suggestion, feel free to ignore. :)

There's no need to ask it so diplomatically in my opinion. If it was anyone we didn't 'know' then they'd have been booted long ago. Since coming and going doesn't make any difference for them, there's really no reason to have them stay in until they're able to start playing. Obviously when they're ready, a spot will be immediately open for them.

Those are big words of course coming from someone who couldn't even make their attack in the last war! I actually set an alarm to try to do it before the war ended, but when I went to check we were down 7 with 20 minutes left and my clan dragon had been killed, so staying up for 20 minutes and using gems to boost the army so they'd actually get done in time didn't seem worth it for one star!

I've been given a clan dragon 3 times now. In the past week, my base has only been attacked in anything but a trophy raid 3 times. In all 3 instances the people have been:

a) strong enough to kill a dragon

b) not strong enough to do anything much other than kill the dragon

c) stupid enough to keep attacking just long enough to kill the dragon even though it left them with no troops and no reward

Very annoying since I'm rarely even getting attacked! You'd think when people see that dragon, they'd be happy to just move to the other side for some quick loot rather than emptying their army and spells to get nothing. RIP Trogdor Kanada, Trogdor Kanada II (mis-named, as it was Chris and not TK who gave him to me) and Trogdor Kanada III :(

How big a role does the Barbarian King play in the game?

is the 600 gems worth it?

How long does it take to actually grind 10000 dark elixir?

Assuming a lvl 1 dark elixer drill and not losing any to raids, nor gaining any from raids: about 21 days.

In practice, I think it took me about 35-40 days, with some downtime to upgrade drill to lvl 2, lots of DE lost to raids, some gained back in raids and clan wars, and some spent on training troops.

How important is he? I don't know, it's basically one troop about as powerful as a dragon, or maybe less so, which doesn't cost anything to train, and doesn't take up housing space, but has a 1 hour regen time after used. He's pretty awesome, but not a game changer or anything. He will also protect your base from attackers. I wouldn't gem him, personally, it is much more satisfying to grind up the elixer in my opinion.

I dropped down to 950 trophies last night, and my TH is getting sniped again, which is good, but I can't find any loot on raids, which is bad. Going to try the 1000-1100 range

I dropped down to 950 trophies last night, and my TH is getting sniped again, which is good, but I can't find any loot on raids, which is bad. Going to try the 1000-1100 range

I found it was almost like a switch flipped right around the 1000-trophy mark. I went from having to flip through 25 bases to be able to see 50000+ in resources that I could get without taking on a TH8 or getting 100% to seeing something like that every few. My last 10 attacks have all either been 100% on a TH5 for 40000+ or an easy 100000+ if I'm willing to lose out on trophies. It's a bit of variance of course, but I can definitely see the benefit of being in the 1000+ range.

Got up to 1050 trophies, thought about a run to 1250, then ended up with 49% on two straight bases. Painful!

Alright, the ban hammer fell with great force. I kicked my next door neighbour, my nephew, and a friend.

Can't say I'm not fair with the hammer....

Lmao I guess chris won't be borrowing a cup of sugar anytime soon! Thanks for wielding your great power so fairly...hope no ones feelings get hurt and they're all back in as soon as they get hooked up...

A guy named "The Magician" just joined. My first inclination was to make an Esfandiari joke, then I remembered who started this clan and realized it could legitimately *be* Esfandiari, so I deferred.

Did anyone ever make any guesses about the celebrity members of our clan? Every time I see "T Arnn" I think of a certain former Blackhawk forward.

A guy named "The Magician" just joined. My first inclination was to make an Esfandiari joke, then I remembered who started this clan and realized it could legitimately *be* Esfandiari, so I deferred.

Did anyone ever make any guesses about the celebrity members of our clan? Every time I see "T Arnn" I think of a certain former Blackhawk forward.

The magician is Swacker Dave from the Ahl.

The celebrities are among us. Two are the ones I know.

Serge outed me... I was going to play the Celebrity game for awhile... ah well. Yeah, so even though I am at Level 28 and was at one point as high as 850 Trophys I am still a bit of a noob in there. No idea what the process is for this War that is happening. I am sure non of my Units are leveled up enough to be worth donating... so I guess I am cannon fodder.

Come to think of it just kick me out now and be done with it!

:)

Serge outed me... I was going to play the Celebrity game for awhile... ah well. Yeah, so even though I am at Level 28 and was at one point as high as 850 Trophys I am still a bit of a noob in there. No idea what the process is for this War that is happening. I am sure non of my Units are leveled up enough to be worth donating... so I guess I am cannon fodder.

Come to think of it just kick me out now and be done with it!

:)

You will be ok. Just keep upgrading. You will move up in no time

Great job to whoever is donating clan troops. I just went in to donate some troops, and almost all of the castles were filled to capacity already, less than 6 hours into the preparation, mostly with high level troops and dragons. Its fantastic and it makes a huge difference in the clan wars.

I finished researching level 5 Giants last night, yay! I had to furiously raid to get my elixer from 1.5m to 2.25m so I could start training level 5 archers right away. 5 days of training, then I'll start on lvl 5 barbs.

Also finished upgrading my dark elixer drill to lvl 3 so I'm getting 45 per hour now, and it holds up to 450, so I can start making some progress towards upgrading my barb king or even using dark troops to donate/raid.