why aren't huck and hellmuth friends anymore

I thought it was because Huck got more into the Vegas party scene and Hellmuth went back to the family thing in Palo Alto.
There may be more to it, but Phil goes with tourneys (because that's all he's good at)
Yeah probably best in the world
Hmmm, someone get Doc Brown and we'll hop in the time machine to 1989 to where the above is true again.
I'll bet you $50 that he gets 2 bracelets this year.
think you guys have all missed the doc brown reference. if im reading this correctly, hes betting that phil will win two bracelets in 1989. in which case, hes won the bet. PAY UP!!!!!if if read you right, well done austin, caught them looking at the curveball

I agree that Phil is probably one of the best NLHE tournament players out there, but i think it's odd that he has yet to cash for more then 755k and that was 16 years ago.

I thought it was because Huck got more into the Vegas party scene and Hellmuth went back to the family thing in Palo Alto.
There may be more to it, but Phil goes with tourneys (because that's all he's good at)
Hmmm, someone get Doc Brown and we'll hop in the time machine to 1989 to where the above is true again.
think you guys have all missed the doc brown reference. if im reading this correctly, hes betting that phil will win two bracelets in 1989. in which case, hes won the bet. PAY UP!!!!!if if read you right, well done austin, caught them looking at the curveball
Now here we go, someone thinking on their feet.But anyway, that bet by BigDMcgee is tempting.

Hellmuth was/is a top notch no limit tournament player, but against the size of the fields that he is up against at this year's WSOP, I would be incredibly shocked if he won 2 bracelets, and somewhat surprised if he even won 1. No doubt he has the ability, and more power to him if he does, but it won't be easy...

Ummm, nope. I said we could hop in the time machine to where PHil is the best NLHE player in the world again. And he said I'll bet you 50 that he gets 2 bracelets this year. Just in case you just woke up out of your coma, the year is 2005. Phil will not win 2 bracelets this year, so Austin's gonna have a lot of $50 bets to pay out.

ummm, i read his post, and saw that he wrote this year. but since he quoted you, rather than just posting a reply, i felt it was a clever reference to you mentioning 1989, when phil hellmuth won exactly two bracelets. maybe i'm giving austin too much credit, certainly possible, ive never been too good at reading people.sorry, no coma

maybe i'm giving austin too much credit
Yeah, that one. :-) We hadn't jumped in the time machine yet, so we're still in 2005. So far, all I can afford on the time machine is a one way trip, sitting coach. 9/11 really hiked up the prices, you know.

I'll be shocked if ANYBODY wins 2 bracelets this year, but if anybody has a chance at it, Phil and Daniel do (amongst VERY few others).

The odds of Phil Hellmuth winning two bracelets this year are extremely miniscule. I mean the amount of players this year will be astronomical. Casting that aside, Phil hellmuth is currently one of the top 5 tournament players in the world. Phil was once a force no one could reckon with. However, I have spoken to many professionals who all plug Phil Ivey as the most feared player in the world right now. ESPN ran this thing where you could talk to all sorts of professionals on their website and pose question. Phil Gordon, Howard Lederer, Phil Hellmuth himself, among others all mentioned Ivey unprovoked and went on and on. However Hellmuth has consistently proven himself time and time again. He will at least cash in 3 events this yeer, I'll put $50 on that. Any takers?