• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That mom was gross, I wish they wouldn't give people like that camera time.

You need that type of judge, and she's wayyyy hotter than Paula. I think Keith was great and I have to assume Harry Conick will be the best of the 3. Dude just oozes cool and knows a shit ton about mu

We disagree which shouldn't surprised either of us.

All the articles on the internet were predicting that guy to win, I remember him getting all the press before Hollywood week getting started. I didn't think he was great, and I still don't think he is great, I don't like that type of music or his voice. It doesn't mean he isn't great at what he does, I just don't like it.

So the black guy on the Wednesday show who dedicated his song to his dad and burst out crying when he made it, yeah that did it for me, I really liked him and if he somehow makes it to the live shows I will vote which I haven't done before

So far I've enjoyed this season more than any that I can remember before. Harry Connick Jr. just makes it better and I like that they've decided to stop showing too many terrible auditions, silly stupid stuff and kept with the good.

I agree with Gov. The less sucky ones + Harry have already made this the best season since Simon left for sure and probably much longer.

I really liked one kid they let through 2-1. I forget which kid is was, but I was thinking he was really good.

(It was Johnny Nukem)

I really like Johnny Nukem. I'm shocked that Harry seems to hate him so much. (and that they cut him!)

The hanger round was fun because it was so nerve-racking. I'm glad they did it.

How they got on two buses, one to the airport and one to the hotel, without telling which group got cut was awesome.

I'm glad they saved the oil driller guy. I like him as a person.

If that black dude, CJ Harris, keeps singing Ray Lamontagne songs, he will be the first black dude since season 2 that I will be actively rooting for. Black singers tend to use too many runs and oversing for me to enjoy. That dude looks like he's singing and playing on his porch in Alabama. I'm all in, depending on song choice.

Super impressive Hollywood week audition from 17 year old mormon, Kenzie Hall. She's beautiful and, man, can she sing. Maybe top 3 Hollywood week audition ever. (After Casey Abrams and Andrew Garcia, the dude that played Straight Up)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb4wXtjCMuw

That hip thrust when she starts rapping will have a lot of mormon boys drooling.

he will be the first black dude since season 2 that I will be actively rooting for.

Black singers tend to use too many runs and oversing for me to enjoy.

That dude looks like he's singing and playing on his porch in Alabama.

How lucky for him, and really, all blacks

Can't disagree with this overgeneralization too much.

I really hope he's from Alabama, otherwise, I think you just correctly used the slur "porch monkey". Seems wrong. Maybe the whiteness of Iowa and Wisconson has dulled you

Re: Kenzie Hall

I think the young, skinny, girl, folk singer trying to shock everyone by rapping is a little played out at this point. She can definitely sing, but if she makes it to the live shows and keeps rapping she is gone

How lucky for him, and really, all blacks

Can't disagree with this overgeneralization too much.

I really hope he's from Alabama, otherwise, I think you just correctly used the slur "porch monkey". Seems wrong. Maybe the whiteness of Iowa and Wisconson has dulled you

He's actually from Alabama. And he doesn't use runs. He's awesome.

Re: Kenzie Hall

I think the young, skinny, girl, folk singer trying to shock everyone by rapping is a little played out at this point. She can definitely sing, but if she makes it to the live shows and keeps rapping she is gone

She won't keep rapping.

The girl with black hair, lots of makeup, tats, cried a lot. She was on X-Factor, on Demi Lovato's team. Her angle was getting bullied as a kid, she cried every single time she was on. She is the queen of the sob story. I like how idol didn't give her any tv time until the judges put her through to top 30. Ain't nobody got time for whiners

Sigh... I'm such a loser

Man, no respect at all for the total dick moves of telling 15 they made it and only let 10 sing. Just cruel for no reason. THEN, they have those 2 guys come out and boot one off. Not to mention that they might not let the one kid who got voted in tonight to sing tomorrow. Just horrible manipulation for no reason

Idol is like the NBA dunk contest. The formula for success is really simple but they have to "reinvent themselves" in order to "keep viewers interested." But all the new stuff ends up being ****ing stupid

Were people going nuts for the lesbian girl because she is a lesbian, or because it was the best performance? FTR, I liked her a lot

It is easy to pick people who should have been in and who shouldn't after watching the performances, but I really wanted to see the blond country singer and Kenzie Hall.

That Nico Starr guy was really good, lol at him getting voted out over that other guy

That girl at the end has it wrapped up, at least on the girls side. Like it's not even close

Belly shirt girl who sang Katy Perry was AWFUL. Bangable, but couldn't sing s lick. I haven't watched very much since Simon left, one Steven Tyler season I think, and I was watching to see if they were going to be honest judges or just say nice things no matter what. They seem to be honest so far.

LesboDude was decent, but not memorable. I'd gather the crying person in audience was the mother

Harry is officially the best judge ever. I was waiting to see if he would stop being honest with the pressure of a live audience. He was still great. I love that he can tell them exactly where they failed from a technical perspective. Simon could hear something was off, he had a good ear, but Harry can say, "you were sharp in the 3rd measure and that carried all the way to the bridge." Where that might seem unimportant, I think that kind of criticism is super helpful to the performers, and I really appreciate it.

Tanner: Agreed on Kenzie. While CJ is still my personal favorite, Kenzie had enough to make it, especially over someone like Pink Hair.

Mexico: I agree with all of your criticisms, but this is how they've done it for a few seasons. It's not new this year. What was new, was how they had them sing right away.

If I HAD to guess, I would choose Majesty to win it this year.

I think Ron's guy will make the final 3.

It's going to be really tough for me to watch this season.

Everyone, and I mean everyone, was horrible. Majesty might be the front runner (vocally), but that's just me being nice, since someone has to win.

Hopefully, not every theme will allow contestants to pick their own songs.