Average Nhl Attendance And Revenue Figures

Some interesting numbers of attendance and average ticket prices:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance

http://hookedonhockeymagazine.com/average-nhl-ticket-prices-for-2011-2012-season/

Its mind boggling the discrepancy from Toronto to Dallas...

As a fan of the team with the highest revenue on tickets, its not fair that we have to put up with a salary cap. Sure its better for the NHL, but I am going to a game tomorrow night where it costs $400 a pair for good seats(luckily I am not paying, its a corporate gift)..In Dallas I can go to 5 games for the same price.

Leafs average ticket revenue for one game = $2.4 million.. For a full NHL season thats $98 million

In Anaheim one game revenue is = $571000...For a full NHL season thats $23 million

Now these are just VERY VERY rough numbers..As I am using simple math, and averages..

Also I am sure a team like the Leafs generate more money in concessions, TV revenue, private boxes etc..

So 3 years of Anaheim ticket revenue will cover JUST Corey Perry's contract.

I don't like how they figure avg ticket cost. If I could go to a wings game for $53 I would go to more. They have $9 tickets which drives the avg down and there isn't even 100 of those seats available and I have sat there and you can't see most of the ice. Lower bowl is $200-125 and lower upper is 110. I understand it's avg of all available ticket prices but it doesn't give an accurate portrayal of the true cost.

I don't like how they figure avg ticket cost. If I could go to a wings game for $53 I would go to more. They have $9 tickets which drives the avg down and there isn't even 100 of those seats available and I have sat there and you can't see most of the ice. Lower bowl is $200-125 and lower upper is 110. I understand it's avg of all available ticket prices but it doesn't give an accurate portrayal of the true cost.

This is a very good point..Its the best way I guess to measure against other teams.

FWIW i have sat in the last row at the ACC..I think face price is like $50 something..The view is still very good..

Its not just the ticket prices here. ..When I take my son to the game tomorrow, it will cost me probably about a $100...Thats with FREE tickets.